Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company District Office Owerri, Imo State.
Because of the smallest of the population sites the researcher used the researcher used the entire population of 75 secretaries for the study.
The researcher in order to get the needed result distributed questionnaire to some staff of ABC transport Company Owerri District Office and their response were converted. The researcher was able to found out that there are some effects of computer skills and knowledge secretaries must posses in an organization such as speed, and accuracy, neatness, easy edition, formatting and saving of document.
Finally, it was as a result of these findings, the researcher suggested that every secretary should try hard to posses a computer skills and knowledge by training so as to secure gainful employment in a modern office.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In recent years, there has been a great advanced in science and technology.
This advancement is growing rapidly and its impact is felt in all part of the world and in all walks of life.
Everyday brings about the birth of new organization. This incessant growth of business organization has created massive development in office technology, this development in office technology. This development also in office technology brought about the introduction of various types of machines and systems to enhance office efficiency. One of such machine is the computer which has so many resource skills and knowledge like the keyboarding skills
And knowledge opening and saving of information skill knowledge e.t.c.
This impact of computer on organizations and societies has been phenomenal according to barker and Yeats, a computer is essentially a device for performing automated information (or data) processing tasks.
Eleoba (1995) also defined computer as an electronic device capable of solving complex problems at a fantastic or electronic speed. Computer helps to simplify complex tasks speed up routine work, information storage and retrieval and also the efficiency of an office work in general.
This is where the skilled, knowledge in office works procedures and practices are affected by computers in the tasks of old machines into one system. Computer in form of word processor, personal computer, to mention but a few does not displace the secretary’s efficiency but has come to enhance her performance on a job by simplifying complex jobs and those jobs can only be performed more effectively only when the secretary has the required skill and knowledge involved in the operation of a computer.
Computerized technology is more powerful, more versatile and more flexible than the mechanical technology that the world has now outgrown. In the rapidly charging world where information technology and the electronic office is fast coming to a reality, secretaries cannot be pleased and reply on their office skills or secretarial training. Although skills and discipline will be necessary, the ability to be conversant with word processors, computer, desktop publishing equipment and computer application and future innovations will be an essential requirement. Introduction of computer Technology approves the secretarial skills and knowledge.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Since the introduction of computer into the business world, secretaries now find it difficult to cope with the latest development in micro age. Because there are many problem associated with the use of computer. According to Terry (1970) stated that the problems associated with the use is heavily with the cost of maintenance. The cost of aspiring and maintaining computer are so high that most of them are dumped in the office making secretaries who are acquainted with them handicapped to tackle their job. Recurrent expenses in the form of cost stationary, ink, training of staff and special pay for such staff are problem encounters in procuring computer Onasanja (1990:248). He further said that computer reduces inefficiency on the part of the secretary, problems such as delay in production due to break down of the machines arises.
Also modern secretaries without computer literate find it difficult to cope or perform their duties well in a modern office. Many modern office now no longer employ an secretary without computer.
Again, the old system of filing or storage has been phased out since the introduction of computers into the business world. Some modern secretaries cling to the use of manual machine due to their ignorant of the usefulness of computer because of their lack of knowledge of it. Hence her interest for this study to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The aim of this study is to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess using A.B.C. Transport Company as call point.
1. To identify the computer skills and knowledge secretarial student must posses.
2. To ascertain the various components of a computer.
3. To find out computer skills and knowledge on keyboard skill knowledge.
4. To ascertain filling document and working with files, opening of document.
5. To identify programme and programme skills and knowledge secretaries posses.
6. To find out challenges of training secretaries on computer skills and knowledge.
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This research is focused on the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must posses in ABC transport company Owerri, Imo State.
LIMITATION: In any research work, there are some
Setbacks that follow it. Some of such setback or limitations include money. The researchers could not lay hands on books that talk about the computer, because it is very expensive.
Another factor is lack of books and materials in the library. There was no book in the library on the computer. And lastly, the researchers were unable to combine the research work and the examinations together because of limited time. So all these and many more led to the limitations of this work.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
To achieve the above objectives, five research questions were formulated and the research will provide answer to the following research question were formulated and the research question.
1. What are the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must posses?
2. What are those computer components a secretary must know?
3. Does secretaries posses computer skills and knowledge on keyboarding.
4. Does the knowledge of filling document, working with files and opening of document facilitates the work of secretaries?
5. What are the challenges of training secretaries on computer skills and knowledge?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is going to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must posses in modern office, recommend solutions for the upliftment of everybody in business and for the growth of Nigeria economy in particular.
This study is significant that it will help modern secretaries to know whether computer skills and knowledge is important in performing their jobs. This is to minimize and where possible to eliminate computer ignorance on the side of secretaries, broker and nature itself.
It will also help to clear the argument on whether the introduction of computer will make modern secretaries jobless or not.
On the side of employers, the notable significance is to inform the employers on the category of secretary to organizations will equally enjoy this research since it will help them to know, choose or employ qualified secretaries in their organization.
Finally, this study will be beneficial to those who need the information for literature enrichment of the subject such as director, managers, secretaries and those interested in secretarial information.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research work has been carried out to find “The Effect of information and communication technology on today’s business enviro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 305 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT OF SECRETARIES.» ABSTRACT This study examined the Electronic Office Equipment used by secretaries in modern Office. The purpose of this study is to determine the elect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 474 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. MARITAL STATUS AND OCCUPATION PERFORMANCE OF FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED MINISTRIES IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the marital status and occupation performance of female secretaries in selected ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 299 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE EFFECT OF SECRETARIAL MANPOWER ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ESTABLISHMENT) AND MICHELIN NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU» ABSTRACT This research work the effect of secretarial manpower is divided into five chapters, each chapter dealing with a particular aspect of his res...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 303 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN IMO STATE CIVIL SERVICE (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRIES OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY AND, EDU...» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Ministries of Commerce and Industry and , Ministries of Education is indeed among the best ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 377 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. THE EFFECT OF THE STUDY ENVIRONMENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIAL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research work is on the effect of study environment on the performance of secretarial students. It aimed on its organization and at the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 305 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. ANALYSES OF THE EFFECT OF BOSS/SECRETARY RELATIONSHIP ON STAFF MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY IN SELECTED ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE.» ABSTRACT This project on “Analyses of the effect of Boss/Secretary Relationship on Staff Management and Productivity in Selected Establishment i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. THE CHANGING ROLE OF SECRETARY AND ITS IMPLICATION ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The specific aim of this work was to know the changes in the role of the modern secretary and its implication on the productivity secretary, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. OFFICE TECHNOLOGY SKILLS PREFERRED BY EMPLOYERS IN SOME SELECTED BUSINESS ORGANIZATION IN ABIA STATE» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out on the office technological skills preferred by employers in some selected business organization in Abia s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 411 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE SECRETARYS PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS IN OWERRI MUNICIPAL» Abstract This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 297 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES