Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The topic of this study is the impact of information and communication technology (ICT) on office manager’s job performance.
The instrument used in gathering data for this is the questionnaire. The scope of the study covered four selected public service sectors in Owerri Municipal. Population was 50 and sample technique was 30. The data gathered were analyzed using frequency mean calculations and table presentations. The research findings reveal that information and communication technology motivate the job performance of office manager’s and makes work easier and faster. Again, that lack of maintenance will reduce the effectiveness of these machines and bring slow down in processing.
From the summary of the findings, the researcher therefore concludes that information and communication technology should be provided to office manager’s so as to attain their job performance. The researcher recommends that the role of office technology in the development of office manager profession should be encouraged and office managers should have the required skills needed in operating these equipments.
Background of the Study
The process of information today has greatly improved as well as widened both in meaning and in scope by constant improvements in the field of technology unlike in the by gone years. Offices are now equipped with how modern electronic machine.
The complexity of information and communication technology can be linked to the ranged of information needs of individuals, business organization, government establishment or society in general. In recent years, business or organizations have been operating under a climate characterized by continued change in work techniques and managerial ethics owning to technological development. This aim of any business achieve this business organization must tailor their objectives to conform to the modern work environment, which is largely ruled by technological innovations.
Meanwhile, information is data that has been processed into a meaningful form to the recipient and is real perceived value in current or prospective action or decision. It is a vital asset of the firm and it properly employed, could elevate the organizations personnel resources, physical facilities and financial resources (Agu, 2000).
Information technology on the other hand refers to the convergence of micro-electronics, telecommunications and computer in aiding the processing of information. It embraces all aspects of integrated office system for controlling the product and processing of information in text, data image and voice. Microelectronics is a branch of electronics concerned with the research, development and utilization of qualitatively new electronic devices known as integrated circuits. Telecommunication refers to the use of the technology such as telephone circuits, interactive radio, voice message, fax, internet, e-mail etc.
The vital roles which office managers meant to play in the offices necessitate the proper training and education of office manager. Such education has a potent force of making individuals posed the capacity to employment and self-reliance. To make the officers to meet up with the challenges passed by the new technological inventions Ohakwe, (2000) noted that training given to the office manager enable them possess the ability to fit in properly in the office any organization. Citing Nwosu (1998) concludes that training business educators constitute an inevitable strategy in coping with the tremendous innovations in today’s office managers.
In addition, looking at the duties of office manager, no doubt will confirm that the office managers is very important in an organization and with the aid of information and communication technology handling some of their duties like taking shorthand dictations from the boss and transcribing it using either the transcribing machine or any of the word processing facilities, making appointments for the boss and reminding him of them, interviewing people coming into the office, making and answering telephone calls, writing routine correspondence and other duties. A good office manager is a public relation expert, staff assistance, the boss’s office memory. Kanu (1997) argues that the office manager’s is expected to represent the organization and the employer attractively to the public and general good human relations in working with the employer in the organization.
Communication is also an essential tool for the management of a business organization. It is one of the major necessities for effective management in today’s business. Communication creates good management and labour relationship, thereby increasing the productivity of the organization with the aid of office manager’s.
Communication depends on insight into nature and ability to get the desired responses. They must give good example of themselves and clearly expect others to follow in order to avoid any bottlenecks in communication skills of office managers have contributed immensely in the growth and fast changing economic organization.
Office managers who are not well equipped for today and tomorrow’s office are sure to be. This is in agreement with ldih (2002) while citing Anyaduba (1991) who postulates that by year ahead, the professional office managers will grapple with technological innovations and would need to acquire a new appreciation of his/her role by developing increased capacity for adaptation to changing trends. Okafor (2000) is of view that equipping the graduate office manager’s with fundamental education they will be built to face the challenges of the modern computerized automated and paperless office.
Statement of the Problem
There has been tremendous technological advancement recorded in the area of information and communication technology. Undoubtedly this poses significant problem to practicing office manager’s at their place of work. This appears to be consensus that the office environment is greatly changing and everything about the office has been computerized.
With reference to the fast communication development, the question now is what type and how much information and communication technology skills do office manager’s really need to perform efficiently today?. The problem of this study was to generate empirical data on the exact quantity of information and communication technology skills which any office manager working in or desiring to enter the public and civil services in this state needed to have for effective job performance.
Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of the study is to access the positive and negative impact of office information and communication technology on office manager’s job performance in selected public service sector.
1. Identify the types of office information technologies that enhance office manager’s job performance.
2. Determine whether information and communication saves labour cost.
3. Determine if its efficiency enhance quality and quantity of output.
4. Examine whether information and communication technology create employment.
5. Identify the negative impacts of these technologies.
To achieve the objectives of this study the following research questions were postulated;
1. What are the types of office information technologies that enhance job performance of office manager’s?
2. What are the information and communication technology that saves labour cost.
3. What are its efficiency that enhances quality and quantity of output?
4. What are the office information and communication that creates employment?
5. What are the negative impacts of these technologies?
Statement of Hypothesis
To achieve the solution of this study the following hypothetical statement were designed to help the researcher in the analysis. They are presented in a null and alternative ways.
Ho Information does not affect office managers on their job performance.
Hi Information affects office managers on their job performance
Ho Communication technology does not affect office managers in the organization
Hi Communication technology affects office managers in the organization.
Significant of the Study
The findings are of great benefit to employers and employees (office Manager’s) in that, it enlightens both of them of the various skills required of modern day office manager’s. The finding also will encourage the business organization to meet up with technological challenges by ensuring that potential office managers are trained with modern facilities and organization will provide them with facilities.
Business organization will also benefit from the area of the study they will now understand the area of the deficiencies and try to remedy them especially in the provision of modern technological equipments. The finding will provide information that extends knowledge of office manager’s studies. It will make them know the various skills required by modern day office manager. The research work will establish the fact that office manager’s provides with technological facilities will not only enhance their skill bur will equally contribute meaningfully to their organizational and objectives.
The finding could be useful to curriculum planning in office management studies in other to incorporate required skills occasioned by the society changing needs.
Scope of the Study
This study is conducted in Imo State on the impact of information and communication technology (lCT) on office manager’s job performance in selected public service sector.
The finding of this research is hoped to enlighten graduate of office manager’s on the impact of information and communication technology of the modern industries and their expectation in terms of skills and performance.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s national and international buiness world, information is a price less commod...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 262 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. THE EFFECT OF THE STUDY ENVIRONMENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIAL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research work is on the effect of study environment on the performance of secretarial students. It aimed on its organization and at the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 305 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. A FOLLOW-UP STUDY ON THE PROFICIENCY FO THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) SECRETARIAL STUDIES GRADUATES OF THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNICS NEKEDE OWERRI» ABTRACT This work has been designed to look at the performance and jobs motivation and job satisfaction in five selected organizations and parastastal...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 449 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE CHALLENGES FACED BY SECRETARIES IN A MORDEN OFFICE (A CASE STUDY OF SOME ORGANIZATION OWERRI URBAN COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT This research study focuses on an investigation into the challenges faced by secretaries in selected Ministries in Imo State. Specifically, f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 334 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. OFFICE INFORMATION SKILL AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM SKILL NEEDED BY A SECRETARY IN TODAY’S BUSINESS» ABSTRACT The researcher aim at knowing the detail of office information an communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 308 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. EMPLOYER’S EXPECTATIONS OF SECRETARIES IN AN AGE INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) DRIVEN BUSINESS OFFICES IN OWERRI» ABSTRACT This, study focuses on employers’ expectations of secretaries in an age of ICT driven business offices in Owerri. Four research questio...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 301 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MARRIED FEMALE OFFICE MANAGERS IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BANK)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the problems and prospects of married female office managers in business organizations. The population consisted ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 349 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. THE CHANGING ROLE OF SECRETARY AND ITS IMPLICATION ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The specific aim of this work was to know the changes in the role of the modern secretary and its implication on the productivity secretary, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN JOB SATISFACTION AND SECRETARIES’ PERFORMANCE (A Case Study of Ughelli South Local Government Council, Otu-Jeremi, Delta S...» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance. The design of th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 296 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. THE PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMISSION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» Abstract This study was conducted to find out the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for admission into Office T...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 300 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES