Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examined the Electronic Office Equipment used by secretaries in modern Office. The purpose of this study is to determine the electronic factors that give secretaries and thereby enhance job performance and efficiency. Three (3) research questions guided the study. The respondents were 50 secretarial staff. Data c0ollected were analyzed using mean score of 3.00 and above.
Base on these. Conclusion were reached which include that electronic Office equipment of secretaries through provision of good working condition and provision of office equipment, machinery and infrastructural facilities will greatly result in efficient job performance of secretaries should be employed by organizing training and retaining exercises.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The tremendous innovation in office equipment in the last few decades has caused revolutionary changes in both the nature of office work and the role of secretaries. Whitehead (1981). This electronic office equipment innovation which are maintained in the one of computer telecommunication and information technology posed a lot of challenges to secretaries in modern business offices. The modern business office is advanced with the use of new machines like computer for machines, electronic typewriters, word processors, telex, teletypewriters, photocopies, telecommunication equipment. These machines make up modern business offices and of skillfully utilized by secretaries, organization goals will be achieved.
Greater success has been achieved through the use of these electronic office equipment by secretaries depending on their ability to operate them. A secretary who was trained with manual typewriter is faced with the word perfect or computer in modern business office. Modern business office expert secretary to master the use of modern office equipment in view of the modern trend, Nwosu (1999).
Typewriter is the most commonly used in offices before electric typewriter was developed. The standard (18 inches) model of the manual typewriter is designed on quota, foolscap or A4 sizes of papers. Some typewriter are pica or bold characters which have ten letters on an inch or 250mm while some are elite or small characters which have twelve letters on the inch or 25mm. The manual typewriter are operated by hand, the keys are struck so that the required printers are made on the paper. Electronic-typewriters was developed and may office was equipped with it because of the advantages they have over the manual machines. The secretary exerts less physical effort and can type for much longer period than she could on the manual typewriter. Onasany (1990).
Stencil duplicator was popular in business offices and other organizations that are in constant need of large numbers copies of written materials. Stencil duplicators are used by secretaries to produce numbers of copies of any orientation, Ohakwe (2000).
Spirit duplicator produces tyypewriter hand written, drawn materials in a variety of colours using spirit in place ink. Spirit duplicator is so-called because the copy transcribed of inks will stencil duplicators. There are commonly used in business offices before the development of photocopying (copier) machines.
The modern business office has seen the advantage inherent in the use of modern electronic equipment, the quality and quality of production time saving probability and cost effectives, (Jolih 2000).
In the era of great innovation in office equipment no modern business office can operate effectively in the face of office competition without the secretary’s skill in operating these machines. Computer which is the centre point of electronic office equipment as viewed as the electronic instantaneously (Eyitayo 1995)
Fax machine is used in sending facsimile copies of document electronically to other offices within or outside the country. Electronic typewriter processes special function keys and displays penal capable of displaying a few lines of text. The photocopy reproduces copies of the original documents exactly as it is. The telex, teleprinter and telephone are telecommunication machines which convey information form one office to the other within or outside the country.
Word processor is a system that is used in typing perfectly correct letter and reports by automatic typewriters which is capable of making decisions according to pre-coded instructions.
The implication for employment of secretaries in modern business offices required the ability, knowledge and competence, the secretary has in processing and disseminating. Communication information with this electronic equipment (smith 1981). The machine performs different function and as such, the secretary must be versatile in all to advice organization goals. The equipment are expected to make considerable impact on the work of the modern business offices of the secretaries posses equipment know-how and awareness needed to put the equipment into effective use. The ability or knowledge applied by secretaries in the use of these modern electronic equipment determines the level of success to the achieved in modern business offices.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Modern business offices have seen numerous advantages arising. These equipment are installed for effective and efficient business performance. The facilities are expected to make considerable impact on the works of the modern business if the secretaries’ posses the technical know-how and awareness needed to put the facilities into use.
This paper is faced with the problem of generating data on the office skills required of secretaries in modern business offices. The secretaries lack skill in granting computer, fax machines, electronic typewriters, word processors, telex teleprinter, photocopies and telephone. If they should posses the skill required of them, the modern business will rear the benefits of electronic equipments.
1.3 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this paper is to ascertain the electronic equipment used by secretaries in modern business offices, specifically, the study will attempt to:
1. Find out the office equipment used by secretaries and the ability in operating computers/word processors and electronic typewriters in modern business offices.
2. Determine the offices skill required of secretaries in operating for machine and telecommunication equipment in modern business offices.
3. Find out the ability of secretaries in operating photocopies in modern business offices.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this paper in its attempt to name secretaries has the technical know-how and appreciates the role of these equipments in carrying out their secretarial functions. In this regard the secretaries will be able to make comparison between level of their performance and status and that as their counterparts in non-, modern business.
The paper is as well significant in that it will be of great assistance to business either in the modern office and also to government establishment who may use it as a references material in directing their actions.
Institutions as higher learning especially department of offices technology and management vocational and technical education schools can use the study of update their curriculum.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
The following research questions were formulated to guide the research study.
1. How does the introduction of equipment affect the job performance of secretaries in selected offices.
2. What challenges does automation pose to secretaries in some office.
3. What are the changes that have been associated with the introduction of equipment.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to finding the affects of equipment on secretary’s job performance in selected office. Secretary with the qualification of H.N.D, BA or Bsc and above are selected due to their experience in secretarial profession.
This study would also look at the availability of modern office equipment and the challenges these machine pose on the secretaries performances.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research study focuses on an investigation into the challenges facing the newly employed secretaries in selected Ministries in Imo State...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 329 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN JOB SATISFACTION AND SECRETARIES’ PERFORMANCE (A Case Study of Ughelli South Local Government Council, Otu-Jeremi, Delta S...» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance. The design of th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 298 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This research has been carried out to know the reprographic skills required of secretaries in some selected business establishment. The instr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 321 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The act of Communication is the most important of all human activities. Is a fact that all hu...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 251 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project was aimed at exploring the factors affecting the productivity of secretaries in the civil service of the Imo. The research quest...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 398 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. MARITAL STATUS AND OCCUPATION PERFORMANCE OF FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED MINISTRIES IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the marital status and occupation performance of female secretaries in selected ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 299 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» Abstract This research work is aimed at determining the problems of married female secretaries in some parastatals in Enugu urban, Enugu State. The pr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 9 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. LEADERSHIP TRAITS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY ABA AREA, ABIA STATE)» Abstract This research project looked into leadership traits required of secretaries. The questionnaire was the investment use to data collection. The...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 304 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. OFFICE INFORMATION SKILL AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM SKILL NEEDED BY A SECRETARY IN TODAY’S BUSINESS» ABSTRACT The researcher aim at knowing the detail of office information an communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 308 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN OWEERI MUNICIPAL, IMO STATE.» ABSTRACT This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 332 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES