Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 66 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The internet began as an experiment by the United States department of defense in the 1960s to help scientist and researchers from widely diereses areas work together by sharing scarce and expensive computer and their files. This goals required the creation of a set of connected network that would act as a co-ordinate whole.
According to Mborun (2007) the internet an the world wide web and its development technology as we have it today are contribution of scientist student and researchers each contribution at different time as the need arises.
In July 199, Learnard Kleinrock of Massachusetts Institute to technology (M.I.T.) http//www.mit.edu. published the first paper on packet swathing which is a technology that breaks up data into bits to enable it travel trough witching commuter network. The idea of packet switching was to allow more users to send text message over computer network.
Then in 1992 JCR Licklider presented his idea about Galelcltic network. This involves a global collection of computer in a huge net work so that each one could acess the data and programmes of others. This earned MLiklier the headship of the Defence Academic Researcher projects Agency. His mission according to a report was to maintain its technological superiority over her enemies in the impending cold war. From then on the idea of network computer for information sharing became important.
Also between 1967 and 1969 Learnard Klerrock idea of packet switching and JCR Lcklider Defence Advance Research project agency network net was on and running of this brought about computer network, capable of sending and receiving packet. The base line of these introductory problems this makes us understand that the internet as we have it today was in the womb of the intelligence military exigencies. This however an internet communication system.
In the resulting internet the responsible of message routing was this spread throughout the network instead of being centered in one location by the early 90s past of the network had evolved in to the publicity assessable internet in large part the internet now over two decades old has grown in popularity because of the use of browser.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
In today business world organization are becoming increasing concerned with high productivity of its employers. In order for private and public business organizations to achieve these objectives. Business organization are being connected to internet resources for the effective performance of the secretary. The secretary had many things to offer more than being an assistance to an executive processing without direct supervision who display initiative exercise judgment and make decision within the scope of his/her authority. This task of a secretary being on many computer illiterate secretary it is worth mentioning that as more internet resource in the office are introduced the more demand for qualified computer literate secretary.
Employers need secretaries who are skilled and computer knowledge and knowledge in computer. There are hardly any advancement of secretaries that does not ask for computer literate.
But employers complain that it is difficult to find secretaries with the skill urgently need for business survival and growth. This limits the employed opportunities for some secretaries
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of the study is to find out the impact of internet software packages to the modern secretaries.
- To know the extent the internet had aid the efficiency and effectiveness of operations in an organization.
- To know how the internet software packages help in widening the scope and knowledge of the secretary.
- To ascertain how organizations benefit from the internet software package.
- To ascertain how relevant the internet software packages is to the modern secretary.
1.4 Research Questions
In order to make an implicit work and to help in the analysis of the impact of software packages to the modern secretaries the researchers frames these research questions base, of the objectives of the study.
- What extent has the internet aid the efficiency and effectiveness of operations in an organization?
- Has the internet help in widening the scope and knowledge of the secretary?
- How does the organization benefit from the internet?
- How relevant is the internet software packages to the secretary?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The study will be of great significance to the colleges of education, polytechnic and university which are the procedures of a secretary. It will enable it structure its programme to provide student with adequate need skills for good secretary of the 21st century.
It will help secretaries to know the latest internet packages available in the area of employment opportunities and reduce the employment problems on guaranteed secretaries it will also help employers to understand the competence of secretaries on graduation.
To help bring improving in productivity of the business organization as they connection to the internet world. It will also enable employers to design and packages an appropriate training progamme that will assist them to perform well on the job. Academicians and researchers who may wish to explore this area of study will further use it.
1.6 Scope and Limitation of the Study
This study was carried out on some selected organization in Kaduna Metropolis. The researchers decided to limit this study to the areas because of the travelling to other institution outside Kaduna and more importantly, the difficulty of combining the study with classwork.
1.7 Definition of Terms
- Title bar: the title bar displays the name of the software being in use an hours. The minimize, maximize and close buttons; it changes it title as you switch between web pages.
- Menu bar: the menu bar displays all of the internet explorer menus, files edit view favourites tools and help with these you change your browser setting saves or print web pages and get help solving technical problem with the software.
- Tool bar: the tool bar house all of the control button with which you navigate the net with these button you can g back or forward a page stop a page or reloading it, go back to your home page search the net or ad an address to your browser.
- Address window: this is one important bar it is where key in the name of the websites address or internet destination that you want to go it will usually being with http//www although some time the www bit is not there most modern browser already have the http// sectin store by starting with www. It also has a packet (v) by it side the picker is used when you want to search for the site to visit.
- Pull down menu: click this button and a cop down menu appears showing the address if the sites you can click any of these items act as short cuts and return you directly to the chosen site.
- Go bottom: click this once you have typed in a web address and you will go to that page. You can press the return key instead.
- Scroll bar: you use this to scroll up and down through pages of the web site by clicking and dragging it with your mouse.
- Browser Window: The browser window contains the contents of the pages that you are looking at the middle of the window, and there will usually be links to other pages within that site or to other websites.
- Link: Some text or pictures on a web page are liked to relevant sites on the Net (the cursor, changes to appoint hand over link).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF SECRETARY BOSS RELATIONSHIP ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project on “the effect of Secretary boss Relationship on organizational Productivity (A case study of selected business establishm...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 360 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. THE CONTRIBUTION OF MODERN COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT TO JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN SELECTED ORGANIZATIONS IN OWERRI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The speed at which modern office situation or work environment is changing has led to sustained radic...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 337 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. THE PROBLEMS FACED BY NEWLY EMPLOYED OFFICE TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT GRADUATES (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research is aimed at evaluating the problems faced by newly employed office technology and management graduates in Federal Polytechnic N...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 353 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE PERCEPTIONS OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMINISTRATION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to find out the perception of study towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for administration into office...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 471 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. THE ROLE OF THE INDUSTRY AND OTHER AGENCIES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF STUDENTS” INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME (SIWES)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Industrial training otherwise known as students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill acquisition program ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN IMO STATE CIVIL SERVICE (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRIES OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY AND, EDU...» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Ministries of Commerce and Industry and , Ministries of Education is indeed among the best ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 431 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. ANALYSES OF THE EFFECT OF BOSS/SECRETARY RELATIONSHIP ON STAFF MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY IN SELECTED ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE.» ABSTRACT This project on “Analyses of the effect of Boss/Secretary Relationship on Staff Management and Productivity in Selected Establishment i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The success of any business organization depends largely on the female secretary efficiency. If it is...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 290 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The research work has been carried out to find “the impact of information and communication technology on today’s business enviro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 322 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. MARITAL STATUS AND OCCUPATION PERFORMANCE OF FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED MINISTRIES IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the marital status and occupation performance of female secretaries in selected ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 314 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES