Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The research work has been carried out to find “the impact of information and communication technology on today’s business environment”. From the research carried out, it was found out that with the help of ICT, information has been disseminated without stress. Chapter one of the research work contains the introduction, background of study, statement of problem, research questions etc.
While chapter two is the literature review, chapter three contains the research methodology, chapter four presentations and interpretation of data. Finally chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusion and recommendation.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In this fast growing and moving world faced with globalization, the core of economic development today depends on knowledge and technology but successful economic excel at generating and disseminating knowledge, as well as exploiting it.
Technology is the engine that change transforms resources based economy to knowledge – based economy. But at the macro level, technology enables national leverage in the modern world and it brings about wealth and better welfare for the people.
In as much as development is concerned, this is now a new trend of religion that is sweeping across the world like a wild fine in both length and breath and hereby transforming across the entire world as a global unit. Information and communication technology (ICT), the information and communication technology (ICT) has been defined by many elites from different perspectives thus, Lacy (1990) defined it as term involving the process of acquisition, processing, storage and dissemination of local pictorial textual and numeric information.
Information and communication technology (ICT) is not merely seen as hardware development but also as software, which is advantageous in the changing works, attitude to work, in establishing efficiency in business transaction, in achieving efficiency in communication, increasing profits in creating new jobs and effective in mass education, Ohakwe (2001).
Information Technology (ICT) has applications in almost all spheres of human endeavours. Akpore (2005) states that developing suitable economy through information technology implies that applying information and communication technology in all the main sectors of the economy hence the world is transiting from being a resource based one into a knowledge based one. Such natural resources can provide as much s it can be realized from the output of a society that has truly become a knowledge – based society. Sadly enough, our schools. The (learning environment is a shadow of itself in terms of quality and quantity of items of information and communication technology) the result being that we are using yesterday’s knowledge, skills abilities and competencies in this era.
Consequently, the introduction and use of such technologies in communication and information such as internet, computers, micro-electronics, telecommunication tools as the email, e-commerce, e-banking just to mention but a few, even many educators and students in higher institutions are yet to be in abreast with some of these soft and hardware. What an education tragedy. (Ohakwe 2001). Recently, in e-learning, that is electronic learning, project embarked by Zinox Technology across 40 institutions of higher learning with the aim to train Nigerian undergraduates to international acceptable students.
Coming to the heels of computerizing, Nigeria thereby taking this venture to all the nook and crannies of this country, hence the establishment of information and communication technology parks in institutions of higher education with Imo State inclusive therefore, it becomes increasing to determine the information and communication technology in today’s business environment in Imo State.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The information and communication technology (ICT) as a new trend in linking several African university to the global village with ultra modern world class information and communication technology tool is aimed at capacity building, youth empowerment, expert information and technology skills in the country and in the long run as a lunch pad from attracting global out-sourcing opportunities for Nigerians with graduates in particular.
Therefore, this approach towards capacity building as an effective model to bring training, technology and digital access to people within these geographical education and the need for effective global competitiveness. But in higher institution in Imo state, especially the universities polytechnics, this approach towards capacity building seems to be a far coy. As much information and communication technology (ICT) is not seen either to be talked about or thought, its existence and usage among the students are nothing to write home about. Even the skills required in the application is very shaking on its foundation thereby using the yesterday’s knowledge abilities, competence in today’s educational sector. Therefore, learning their undergraduates grouping as far as modern and the things t information and communication technology (ICT) is concerned.
Based on the foregoing, the researcher was motivated on ascertain the information and communication.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
Generally, the study was designed to examine the information and communication technology (ICT) in today’s business environment in Imo state and implicating for national development.
Specifically, the objectives of the study are as follows:
a. To identify areas of sustenance of information and communication technology (ICT) opens to the students of today’s business environment.
b. To determine the level of knowledge and skills needed by undergraduates in the area of information and communication technology (ICT) in today’s business environment.
c. To identify hindrances to teaching and learning information and communications.
d. To determine the implications of information and communication technology (ICT) for nation development.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be of great benefits and assistance to institutions of higher learning. The government and other state holders and in education in Imo State through their position in the global world as far as information and communication technology (ICT) is concerned as to impact the greatest information and communication technology skill in their undergraduates.
It also highlighted the numerous benefits according to information and technology, which will encourage the population under study to enable full information and communication technology (ICT) system. More so, it will help in guiding the national board for technical education and national institution where office workers like secretaries and trainees. The information obtained will enable them update their curriculum and increase their training facilities.
The following research question will help guide the study.
a. What are the areas of existence of information and communication technology (ICT) in today’s business environment in Imo State?
b. What is the level of knowledge and skills needed by undergraduates in the areas of information and communication technology (ICT) in today’s business environment in Imo State?
c. What are the hindrance to the teaching and learning information and communication technology (ICT) in today’s business environment in Imo State?
d. What are the implications of information and communication technology (ICT) for national development?
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is restricted to information and communication technology (ICT) in universities and polytechnics in Imo State and implications for national development.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PERCEPTIONS OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMINISTRATION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to find out the perception of study towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for administration into office...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 377 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. THE EFFECT OF THE STUDY ENVIRONMENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIAL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research work is on the effect of study environment on the performance of secretarial students. It aimed on its organization and at the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 294 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. THE CHANGING ROLE OF SECRETARY AND ITS IMPLICATION ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The specific aim of this work was to know the changes in the role of the modern secretary and its implication on the productivity secretary, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 295 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION As you know in every office, a large volume of information in form of letters, circulars, and telegrams are sent to outsi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 345 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. THE CONTRIBUTION OF MODERN COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT TO JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN SELECTED ORGANIZATIONS IN OWERRI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The speed at which modern office situation or work environment is changing has led to sustained radic...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 294 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. EFFECT OF SECRETARY BOSS RELATIONSHIP ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project on “the effect of Secretary boss Relationship on organizational Productivity (A case study of selected business establishm...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 269 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. THE ROLE OF THE INDUSTRY AND OTHER AGENCIES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF STUDENTS” INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME (SIWES)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Industrial training otherwise known as students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill acquisition program ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 284 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT OF SECRETARIES.» ABSTRACT This study examined the Electronic Office Equipment used by secretaries in modern Office. The purpose of this study is to determine the elect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 422 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 271 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. THE PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMISSION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» Abstract This study was conducted to find out the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for admission into Office T...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 288 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES