Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this study is to find out the impact of internet services on Office Technology and Management Profession. This research covers the selected organization in Enugu Meropolis. In this research, the related literatures were reviewed.
The populations used for this study were thirty office managers which were picked from the selected organization in Enugu metropolis.
The instruments used for this study were questionnaires which were administered to office managers in few organizations in Enugu metropolises.
The data collection were analyzed and presented in tables.
Having analyzed the findings in the previous chapter and the results one find out was that, the internet is a helpful device to the office Technology and Management’s profession in Enugu metropolis.
In the light of the result, the researchers suggest that the office managers should be able to know the operational mode of the internet, since it is very important to their profession. And also, it will help the office managers to get needed training they required by giving them time after work.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The country if not the whole world is on the immense of technology, and this phenomenon has got in far reaching effect on almost all spheres of human endeavour.
Different people have perceptions of what impact the modern technology via the internet is playing, to address the issues of performance of the Office Technology and Management profession in the new millennium.
To be precise, many scholars have dealt on this topic but the researchers of the project work have tried to portray actually what the impact of the internet is regarding the performance of Office Technology and Management profession.
The internet according to Cerfi (1996) president of the internet society is a specific collaboration of independently managed networks that allow users at disparate heterogeneous computer networks to communicate with each other across organization geographical boundaries. Its main function in any social system may be identified as information, education, entertainers, communication and integration. Therefore, the internet as an information superhighway has been aroused to perform all these immeasurable impact for the rest of the world.
One cannot talk about information and access without making regular reference to the information technologies and their convergence particularly the INTERNET.
Information and communication technology rapidly changing the way we work and live, most especially regarding the way the office is handled. We see a world of network. That is bringing new opportunities and options to people at work, at home and on the movies directly stating how our society live, learn, work play and our society evolves.
Information itself drives it valve from the meaning that an entity (a human being) assigns to data. It therefore becomes a performed in an organization.
The question now is, how far this form of inexhaustible resource can carry the users with special internet on office technology and management profession.
The machines used in the office technology and management profession are involved effectively to perform the work in business media, the mass media, the information gathering media, and the likes, have seen the different faces of typewriters. Mail exchange, computers, cellular, fax telephone and other technological information gathering system.
Stressing more on the meaning of the internet and how it works Rutherford F. July 22 1997, described the internet as ‘a global collection of many different types of computers and computer networks that are linked together.
The office technology and management profession, people who are conversant with the services that the personal computer renders will no doubt find the internet fascinating job-made-easy and enjoyable.
But many people cannot purchase or acquire this precious information superhighway, what risks are involved. Who are supposed to use these inexhaustible resources?
The aim of the study is to know the impact of internet more on information and communication in office technology and management profession.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
People say or believe that the internet has no impact on office technology and management profession. That office manager does not need the internet services at all. They also say that office managers only need typewriter carry out their duties. They also say that if office managers include the use of the internet in their profession, that work will be tedious.
According to Sir Walter ford  says that the duty of the office secretary is to take down records, minutes of the meetings and typing of orders by the above authorities and it involves the use of the typewriter.
Pluto  says thus, ‘the internet is used by high senior officials and those trained personnel and as such the secretaries who are regarded as a low staff do not fit into this cadre’.
Roberts  in his opinion says, ‘the internet and the secretary are not compatible’.
So for these very reasons, we have decided to carry out this research work so as to find out the actual impact the internet has on the office technology and management profession.
1.3 THE OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In view of the above problem, this research work is therefore designed to the following;
1. To find out the impact of the internet services on the office technology and management profession.
2. To ascertain if the use of internet facilities, is a monotonous task to the office managers.
3. To ascertain, the impact of the internet, on the lives of individual office managers.
4. To find out the skills required from office managers to operate the internet
5. To ascertain if there are problems being caused by the internet in the office technology and management profession.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The geographical area covered by the researcher is in Enugu metropolis selected Government parastatals in Enugu State are used as samples on which judging the impact of the internet services to the office technology and management profession will be based.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the impacts of internet services on the office technology and management profession?
2. Does the frequent task of operating a computer everyday bore an office manager?
3. What are effects of the internet services on the lives of individuals’ office managers?
4. What are the skills required by an office managers using this modern equipment (internet)
5. What are the problems encountered by office managers using internet
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is importance that office managers should at times take critical look
outside their private areas of concentration and state the latest system of
Improving their techniques at their field of specialization. The study is not a
only important to the office managers but will also serve as green light to
entertain the whole universe, education, communication and media
practitioners on how to restructure their programmer to suit their receiving
It will moreover help the office manager to be abreast with the events taking
place within and outside the country.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The specific aim of this project was to know the secretaries and needed office skills: current and future expectation, which run in instituti...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 276 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION As you know in every office, a large volume of information in form of letters, circulars, and telegrams are sent to outsi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 242 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. THE CHALLENGES FACING MARRIED FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED BUISNESS ORGANIZATION IN OWERRI METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the challenges facing married female secretaries in their work places in selected business o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 265 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE CHALLENGES FACED BY SECRETARIES IN A MORDEN OFFICE (A CASE STUDY OF SOME ORGANIZATION OWERRI URBAN COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT This research study focuses on an investigation into the challenges faced by secretaries in selected Ministries in Imo State. Specifically, f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 262 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This study was a build up of additional information on the extensions of knowledge in the area of secretarial profession. It stipulated the p...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 249 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The researcher aim at knowing the detail of office information an communication system skills needed by secretaries in today’s business...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 256 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The research work has been carried out to find “the impact of information and communication technology on today’s business enviro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 268 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. A FOLLOW-UP STUDY ON THE PROFICIENCY FO THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) SECRETARIAL STUDIES GRADUATES OF THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNICS NEKEDE OWERRI» ABTRACT This work has been designed to look at the performance and jobs motivation and job satisfaction in five selected organizations and parastastal...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 284 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The research work has been carried out to find “The Effect of information and communication technology on today’s business enviro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 267 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. EXAMINING PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP IN NIGERIA: POTENTIALS AND CHALLENGES (A CASE STUDY OF SOME LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT The transformation process of infrastructure development in most countries is often characterized by full government ownership of entities en...Continue Reading »
124 pages | 34 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES