Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this study is to find out the impact of internet services on Office Technology and Management Profession. This research covers the selected organization in Enugu Meropolis. In this research, the related literatures were reviewed.
The populations used for this study were thirty office managers which were picked from the selected organization in Enugu metropolis.
The instruments used for this study were questionnaires which were administered to office managers in few organizations in Enugu metropolises.
The data collection were analyzed and presented in tables.
Having analyzed the findings in the previous chapter and the results one find out was that, the internet is a helpful device to the office Technology and Management’s profession in Enugu metropolis.
In the light of the result, the researchers suggest that the office managers should be able to know the operational mode of the internet, since it is very important to their profession. And also, it will help the office managers to get needed training they required by giving them time after work.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The country if not the whole world is on the immense of technology, and this phenomenon has got in far reaching effect on almost all spheres of human endeavour.
Different people have perceptions of what impact the modern technology via the internet is playing, to address the issues of performance of the Office Technology and Management profession in the new millennium.
To be precise, many scholars have dealt on this topic but the researchers of the project work have tried to portray actually what the impact of the internet is regarding the performance of Office Technology and Management profession.
The internet according to Cerfi (1996) president of the internet society is a specific collaboration of independently managed networks that allow users at disparate heterogeneous computer networks to communicate with each other across organization geographical boundaries. Its main function in any social system may be identified as information, education, entertainers, communication and integration. Therefore, the internet as an information superhighway has been aroused to perform all these immeasurable impact for the rest of the world.
One cannot talk about information and access without making regular reference to the information technologies and their convergence particularly the INTERNET.
Information and communication technology rapidly changing the way we work and live, most especially regarding the way the office is handled. We see a world of network. That is bringing new opportunities and options to people at work, at home and on the movies directly stating how our society live, learn, work play and our society evolves.
Information itself drives it valve from the meaning that an entity (a human being) assigns to data. It therefore becomes a performed in an organization.
The question now is, how far this form of inexhaustible resource can carry the users with special internet on office technology and management profession.
The machines used in the office technology and management profession are involved effectively to perform the work in business media, the mass media, the information gathering media, and the likes, have seen the different faces of typewriters. Mail exchange, computers, cellular, fax telephone and other technological information gathering system.
Stressing more on the meaning of the internet and how it works Rutherford F. July 22 1997, described the internet as ‘a global collection of many different types of computers and computer networks that are linked together.
The office technology and management profession, people who are conversant with the services that the personal computer renders will no doubt find the internet fascinating job-made-easy and enjoyable.
But many people cannot purchase or acquire this precious information superhighway, what risks are involved. Who are supposed to use these inexhaustible resources?
The aim of the study is to know the impact of internet more on information and communication in office technology and management profession.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
People say or believe that the internet has no impact on office technology and management profession. That office manager does not need the internet services at all. They also say that office managers only need typewriter carry out their duties. They also say that if office managers include the use of the internet in their profession, that work will be tedious.
According to Sir Walter ford  says that the duty of the office secretary is to take down records, minutes of the meetings and typing of orders by the above authorities and it involves the use of the typewriter.
Pluto  says thus, ‘the internet is used by high senior officials and those trained personnel and as such the secretaries who are regarded as a low staff do not fit into this cadre’.
Roberts  in his opinion says, ‘the internet and the secretary are not compatible’.
So for these very reasons, we have decided to carry out this research work so as to find out the actual impact the internet has on the office technology and management profession.
1.3 THE OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In view of the above problem, this research work is therefore designed to the following;
1. To find out the impact of the internet services on the office technology and management profession.
2. To ascertain if the use of internet facilities, is a monotonous task to the office managers.
3. To ascertain, the impact of the internet, on the lives of individual office managers.
4. To find out the skills required from office managers to operate the internet
5. To ascertain if there are problems being caused by the internet in the office technology and management profession.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The geographical area covered by the researcher is in Enugu metropolis selected Government parastatals in Enugu State are used as samples on which judging the impact of the internet services to the office technology and management profession will be based.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the impacts of internet services on the office technology and management profession?
2. Does the frequent task of operating a computer everyday bore an office manager?
3. What are effects of the internet services on the lives of individuals’ office managers?
4. What are the skills required by an office managers using this modern equipment (internet)
5. What are the problems encountered by office managers using internet
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is importance that office managers should at times take critical look
outside their private areas of concentration and state the latest system of
Improving their techniques at their field of specialization. The study is not a
only important to the office managers but will also serve as green light to
entertain the whole universe, education, communication and media
practitioners on how to restructure their programmer to suit their receiving
It will moreover help the office manager to be abreast with the events taking
place within and outside the country.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP AS A PANACEA FOR UNEMPLOYMENT REDUCTION IN NIGERI (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT This research work examined the difficulties to the achievement of level of productivities and unemployment performance in the industries. Th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 476 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN OWEERI MUNICIPAL, IMO STATE.» ABSTRACT This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 331 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT OF SECRETARIES.» ABSTRACT This study examined the Electronic Office Equipment used by secretaries in modern Office. The purpose of this study is to determine the elect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 479 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The act of Communication is the most important of all human activities. Is a fact that all hu...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 251 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OWERRI, IMO STATE» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out strategies for improving records management skill of secretaries in selected business organization in Ow...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 321 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. THE CONTRIBUTION OF MODERN COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT TO JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN SELECTED ORGANIZATIONS IN OWERRI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The speed at which modern office situation or work environment is changing has led to sustained radic...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This work has been designed to look at the various roles played by secretaries in office administration and management and carefully investig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 265 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project was aimed at exploring the factors affecting the productivity of secretaries in the civil service of the Imo. The research quest...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 397 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s national and international buiness world, information is a price less commod...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 262 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. EFFECT OF SECRETARY BOSS RELATIONSHIP ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project on “the effect of Secretary boss Relationship on organizational Productivity (A case study of selected business establishm...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES