Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work examined the difficulties to the achievement of level of productivities and unemployment performance in the industries. The research interest on this project work is to improve a better method/ technique of operation that will minimize industrial accident hence using cost and improving job for employment in the country apart from government private can shall provide employment of the unemployment in the country today.
In many African countries government has played a significant role in determine the course of national development since 1960 the Nigeria national development plans have laid great emphasis on public sector control of the economy Ezeife (1998) this trend has generally distinguished the government as a major investor in business which other wise should have been left to private investors the general was that the fastest route to development is government playing a leadership role in entrepreneurship development.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In Nigeria, until recently government has participate extensively in business activities making every one look unto it as the provider of employment and welfare UJAM (20010 many Nigerians as an alternative to government employment. However the economic down turn of the economy changed. This situation as unemployment heightened in the mid -1980s graduates and school leaves have now realized that the government is no longer ready to offer them employment hence the current gust for entrepreneurship development Ugbaja (2003) short of them selves into various entrepreneurial ventures.
The government has shown much concern about the unemployment situation and has set up many institutions to assist in creating favorable climate for entrepreneurship development in the country Aluko (2002) the Nation is now on the right part to entrepreneurship development in the 21st century with the ongoing privatization programmed. The new emphasis on self determination is in the line with current policy of promoting private sector dominance Nwatu (2003) to this and the government international agencies and non government organizations and the world bank are now showing concern for, and commitment to entrepreneurship development in Nigeria.
It is against this background that this study is set to examine the strategies’ for the impact of entrepreneurship skill in reducing youth unemployment as a panacea for unemployment reducing in Nigeria with a particular emphasis of Enugu state.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The current emphasis on entrepreneurship development in Nigeria is facing some constraints these include.
1) In adequate institutional support for rapid promotion of entrepreneurship development.
2) Lack of capital and credit for entrepreneurial activities.
3) Lack of market incentives for entrepreneur.
4) Inadequate entrepreurship education programs.
5) Lack of entrepreneurship education programmer.
6) In adequate entrepreneurship opportunities for women and young persons.
7) Lack of willingness (to take risk) entrepreneurial and managerial acumen among Nigeria.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To examine the entrepreneurship promotion measures introduction by the government.
2. To examine the efforts of Nigerians to become self employed.
3. To examine what role international financial institutions and organizations play in entrepreneurship skill in reducing youth unemploymentdevelopment as a panacea for unemployment reduction.
4 To determine if these are entrepreneurship encouragement programmed opportunities and incentives.
5. To determine if a favorable and stables business climate has
Been created for entrepreneurship development.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study insignificant in many respects firstly it will be useful to the government.
This is because its findings will help the government to determine whether it has adopted the right strategies or done encourage to promote entrepreneurship in Nigeria. The recommendation will be very useful for entrepreneurship promotion policy formulation.
Secondary, the study will show what assistance the international organizational organization includes the World Bank and its affiliates have been giving to Nigeria for entrepreneurship development. This study will therefore provide Nigerians information on how to arrival themselves the opportunities created by these assistance.
Finally, the study will be useful for academic purpose. It will provide useful information for those who will carry out related studies in the future. Furthermore, the research findings can provide the basic for the further studies.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. What are the strategies adopted by the government in entrepreurship development skill in reducing youth unemployment development as a panacea of unemployment reduction in Imo State?.
2. What efforts are Nigerians making to become self- determine?
3. What role do international financial institutions and other organization play in entrepreneurship skill in reducing youth unemployment development reduction in Imo State?
4. Are there entrepreneurship encouragement programmed opportunities and incentives for young entrepreneurship?
5. Has a favorable and stable business climate been created?
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study focuses on the strategies adopted in entrepreurship skill in reducing youth unemployment in a depressed economy with particular reference to Imo State. It therefore covers government individual and international organization’s efforts to promote entrepreneur development for unemployment education in Nigeria.
The researcher encountered some limitation however in carrying out the study, firstly, collecting data for the study is not easy given the nature of the study. Many individual approached for information could not cooperate.
Secondly, the researcher could have traveled out side the state in state in search of information or data.
But she could not do so for lack of finance.
Finally, the study could not be complete a record time because of the pressure of other academic work on the researcher.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS AND ACRONYMS ENTREPRENEUR
This is the phenomenon of creating a new business fermenting and managing it taking risk and making losses or profit.
This refers to all the physical facilities environmental factors regulations opportunity and risk associated with the business.
Institutional arrangement/ support:
This refers to institution and their support for entrepreneurship development.
This refers to loans for business.
This refers to funds required to set up a business.
This refers to profitable business activity that can be under taken.
This means introducing a new business or product.
BOFID: bank and other financial institution degree
CAMEL: capital/ asset management, earnings and liquidity.
ILLIQUIDITY: A situation where some thing does not have monetary value or difficult to turn into cash.
INDUSTAIALIZATION: the development of industries in a country.
PROLIFERATION: increased of something
EMBEZZLEMENT: Guilty of stealing money.
CONSOLIDATION: Another way of survival of the fittest. It is also the term used by CBN to describe the coming together of some bank within the country to become one ban
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OWERRI, IMO STATE» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out strategies for improving records management skill of secretaries in selected business organization in Ow...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 257 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. EXAMINING PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP IN NIGERIA: POTENTIALS AND CHALLENGES (A CASE STUDY OF SOME LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT The transformation process of infrastructure development in most countries is often characterized by full government ownership of entities en...Continue Reading »
124 pages | 34 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 238 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT Record management a tool in achieving organization goal is the main objective of this study. The population of the study comprises 80 employe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 259 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. THE CONTRIBUTION OF MODERN COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT TO JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN SELECTED ORGANIZATIONS IN OWERRI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The speed at which modern office situation or work environment is changing has led to sustained radic...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 265 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The research work has been carried out to find “the impact of information and communication technology on today’s business enviro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 269 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This work has been designed to look at the various roles played by secretaries in office administration and management and carefully investig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 223 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This study was a build up of additional information on the extensions of knowledge in the area of secretarial profession. It stipulated the p...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 250 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATION FOR EFFECIENCY OF WORK OUTPUT» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the electronic office device equipment used by secretaries in modern business organization and its im...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 259 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. EMPLOYER’S EXPECTATIONS OF SECRETARIES IN AN AGE INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) DRIVEN BUSINESS OFFICES IN OWERRI» ABSTRACT This, study focuses on employers’ expectations of secretaries in an age of ICT driven business offices in Owerri. Four research questio...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 258 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES