Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work was deigned to find out the causes and remedies to job dissatisfaction among secretaries in selected private and government establishments in Imo state. Seventy (70) of the secretaries were used as the sample of the study. The instrument for data collection used was the questionnaire, which consists of 5 research questions. The result of the study showed that job dissatisfaction emanated from secretary’s job relationship and environment and have a lot of effects to secretaries but could be managed when a clear job descriptions and definition are made. Conclusions were based on the result of the findings while recommendations were proffered based on the conclusions drawn from the findings.
1.1 Background of the Study
In every organization, different categories of workers are employed to perform tasks in order to achieve the objectives of the organization. The employers are therefore assume that each person has a definite responsibility so as to get the best from each worker.
Ohadinma and Nkwam (2000) states that, there are various reasons why people work; to earn respect among associates, to earn salaries and wages, to acquire prestige and honour, to achieve excellence in chosen a career, to socialize with others and to dominate. What a variety of reason but culture is indeed a determining factor.
Often, what makes the difference between healthy and sick organizations are known for operating with highly motivated and satisfied workers while sick ones are filled with poorly motivated and dissatisfied workers.
Howel and Dipboye (1982) are of a view that workers satisfaction heavily depends on the organization’s ability to discover, sustain and meet worker’s needs. Productivity also, to a large extent, is influenced by the level of worker’s satisfaction. Hence the role of worker’s motivation in productivity and worker’s satisfaction can never be played down. In some establishment, the role of some secretaries is not defined. This lack of definition of the role is the single most significant predictor of mental ill-health and job dissatisfaction among secretaries together with limited career prospects.
Njoku, Ohiri, Nwosu, Iwuoha, Njoku, Ohakwe (2000) quoting the international Association Of Administration professional, USA (1981) which defined a secretary as an assistant to the executive possessing mastering of office skills and the ability to assume responsibility without close supervision and makes decision within the scope of her authority. Some bosses do not know that the secretary, apart from possessing skill in typing and shorthand, is also knowledgeable in management and organizational techniques. This implies that the roles or functions of the secretary go beyond the typing of documents and writing shorthand.
Okereke (2003) stated that, many boss today do not realize that the secretarial service go a long way in helping them perform their duties, they feel that they can work effectively without the secretary. This brings about anxiety and dissatisfaction to some secretaries; hence they would want to change to other professions. Therefore, a secretary is supposed to be provided with an atmosphere that would encourage and stimulate maximum efficiency and satisfaction. The average secretaries will be happy to have their area of responsibilities and authorities clearly and well defined. But in a situation where responsibilities and authorities overlapped because of lack of proper definitions, it creates unnecessary conflicts, stress and dissatisfaction which retard productivity in any establishment.
1.2 Statements of the Problem
The secretary is the image maker of an organization. A secretary being the heart of an organization is supposed to be provided with good working environment which will stimulate maximum efficiency and job satisfaction but because of high competition nature of the job, most professional secretaries find themselves in an establishment that has low operating system which is not in a position to provide them with an atmosphere that would stimulate maximum efficiency and job satisfactions thereby creating a problem for them.
Some bosses in most business establishment take undue advantage of the secretaries by reducing them to some menial jobs which they are not meant for; in addition there will be frustration because they are made to stagnate indefinitely on a particular low level grade. Secretaries also became frustrated when some executive force works down on secretaries even when they know that the relevant materials and facilities were not available.
Many secretaries lack different adequate languages and this do not help them in putting in their best. It is on these problems that this project work intends to address itself.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of the study is to determine the causes and remedies to job dissatisfaction among secretaries in selected private and government establishments in Imo state.
This study will attempt to:
1. determine the concept of dissatisfaction
2. Identify those facilities secretaries lack in the organization.
3. Determine the uncomfortable environments where secretaries are kept in some organizations.
4. Identify various menial jobs which secretaries are reduced to undertake by their bosses.
5. Identify those adequate languages secretaries lack that limit their jobs in the offices.
1.4 Research Questions
In order to achieve the purpose of this project study, the following research questions were designed:
1. What is the concept of dissatisfaction?
2. What are those modern office facilities secretaries lacks in the organization?
3. What are the effects of uncomfortable environments where secretaries are kept in some organizations?
4. What are those menial jobs which secretaries are reduced too undertake by their boss?
5. What are those adequate languages secretaries lack that limit their jobs in the offices?
1.5 Significance of the Study
This project work will help the secretaries in recognizing the problems affecting their profession in the business establishments. The highlights on the causes of these problems will make sure that corrective measure may be taken to arrest the situation. It will further serve as a guide to bosses oh how to make a maximum utilization of their secretaries for efficient performance of their duties.
It will also serve as a guide to many firms on providing ways of motivating their secretaries by providing necessary modern facilities in order to get the best from them. It will also help the employers of labour to know the kind of atmosphere that would encourage and stimulated maximum efficiency and satisfaction to secretaries.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study is conducted in the selected private and government establishments in Imo state on the causes and remedies to job dissatisfaction among secretaries.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study was a build up of additional information on the extensions of knowledge in the area of secretarial profession. It stipulated the p...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 304 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s national and international buiness world, information is a price less commod...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 271 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. THE CHALLENGES FACING MARRIED FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED BUSINESS ORGANIZATION IN OWERRI METROPOLIS.» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the Challenges Facing Married Female Secretaries in their work places in Selected Business O...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 470 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE ROLES OF OFFICE MANAGERS IN RECORD MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA Plc, OWERRI)» ABTRACT This work has been designed to look at the various roles played by office managers in record management and carefully investigate the problems...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 316 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. CAUSES OF FAILURE IN SHORTHAND ON SECRETARIAL STUDIES STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, EDE)» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 Introduction In any organization, be it private or public, there is usually need for a secretary that is compe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 199 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION As you know in every office, a large volume of information in form of letters, circulars, and telegrams are sent to outsi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 432 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) ON OFFICE MANAGER’S JOB PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED PUBLIC SERVICE SECTOR A CASE STUDY OF O...» ABSTRACT The topic of this study is the impact of information and communication technology (ICT) on office manager’s job performance. The instru...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 319 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The success of any business organization depends largely on the female secretary efficiency. If it is...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 287 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. MARITAL STATUS AND OCCUPATION PERFORMANCE OF FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED MINISTRIES IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the marital status and occupation performance of female secretaries in selected ministries i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. THE PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMISSION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» Abstract This study was conducted to find out the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for admission into Office T...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 310 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES