Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 69 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The act of Communication is the most important of all human activities. Is a fact that all human activities are interdependent on one another socially, economically, culturally and politically. No human being can live in isolation, that is to say human being must pass on and also receive information in every activities that must be done. Communication is one of the fundamental functions of the office and process which is essential to all forms of business. It is the means of conveying information from one person to another, which can be through Telephone, post office, Teleprinter, Mobile phone, Messenger services, Computer and many other means. Communication is done in order to pass or receive information, ideas and knowledge from one person to another.
During the past few decades there have been development and improvement in office communication system. This makes the work of today’s trained secretaries to be easier.
Azuka (1990), states that the word Secretary is taken from the Latin word “Secretaries”. This means that the Secretary is the ability to keep information or knowledge away from others. But in your own views a secretary is the keeper of secret.
Little (1976), defines Communication as “the process by which information is passed between individuals and organization by means of previously agree symbols such as words, fiscal grimaces, gestures, postures, pictorial or usual display etc.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The Advent of modern communication facilities has spured up radical changes in the secretarial profession. These changes have been characterized by new methods of doing this, with emphasis on Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
According to Ali and Akinbi (1995), technology is an alteration in the life of an equipment, character, knowledge and method of doing things. The impact of these modern communication facilities this resulted into the acquisition of the needed competencies by secretaries, to effectively and efficiently operates these facilities in order to be relevant in the world of Labour. This is because, prior to this time, the communication facilities obtainable in the office were; Analog, Telephone, the manual typewriter, Teleprinter, Duplicating machine, reprographic machines etc.
Today Modern Communication facilities which include, computer, internet, mobile phones, fax machine, telegram etc. have replaced the persons existing ones. This had also created another impetus on the secretary, as there is an improvement in the way/she discharge his/her duties. However, the impact of modern communication gadget on the organization goals, have not been properly felt for instance the says in some organization are not still efficient even though there gadget. The problems of modern facilities seem to care a problem for instance some says it must undergo many loose of their job.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The overall purpose of this study is to examine the impact of modern communication equipment on the Secretary and the profession. However, the specific objectives of the study are:
- To identify the modern communication gadgets is the use in organization.
- To find out the impact of modern communication facilities on the organization goals.
- To assess the impact of modern communication gadgets on the efficiency of the Secretary.
- To outline the problems which modern communication facilities pose to the secretary profession.
1.4 Research Questions
- What are the modern communication gadgets in use in organizations?
- What are the impacts of modern communication gadgets on organizational goals?
- What is the impact of modern communication gadgets on the efficiency of the Secretary?
- What are the problems of modern communication facilities to the Secretary profession?
1.5 Significance of the Study
It is hoped that if the importance and the roles of Secretaries in the usage of modern communication equipment in communication is identified, the secretary will benefit from it, because by providing the modern facilities such as computer, mobile phone, Teleprinter, and Printing machine, photo-copy to improve its skills. Also secretarial students will benefit from this modern communication facilities.
1.6 Scope/Delimitation of Study
The essence of the research work is to find the effects of modern communication facilities on the Secretary. The research work is however, delimited to the following areas: What is communication? Identify the modern communication gadgets in use in organizations, the impact of modern communication facilities on the secretary assess. Communication gadgets on the efficiency of the Secretary and outline the problems which modern communication facilities pose to the secretarial profession.
1.7 Definition of Terms
These are definition of some words which might sound strange to the readers and which will also make the research work comprehensive and readable.
- Secretary: A person employed by an organization to deal with papers and correspondence keep records and assist his/her boss in the day to day running of the organization.
- Communication: The process of passing ideas, information and documents from one person, location etc. to another though usage of a specified channels.
- Modern: This is the present or recent time(s) or things.
- Impact: The effect or the importance.
- Equipment: Tools or machinery use for specific purposes.
- Secretarial: Duties of a secretary
- Profession: Individual areas of specialization or occupation.
- Computer: It is a machine or an electric device which accepts information from an input device, it also performs arithmetical logical operations in accordance with a pre-defined programme and fully transfer the processed data to an output device either for further processing or in final printed form like business document.
- Word Processing: Getting ideas into words, words into papers and then to the final result and communications.
- NCC: Network Control Center
- VDU: Visual Display Unit
- CPU: Central Processing Unit
- SCPC: Single channel perceiver
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANALYSES OF THE EFFECT OF BOSS/SECRETARY RELATIONSHIP ON STAFF MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY IN SELECTED ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE» ABSTRACT This project on “Analyses of the effect of Boss/Secretary Relationship on Staff Management and Productivity in Selected Establishment i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 379 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATION FOR EFFECIENCY OF WORK OUTPUT» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the electronic office device equipment used by secretaries in modern business organization and its im...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 273 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. THE ROLES OF OFFICE MANAGERS IN RECORD MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA Plc, OWERRI)» ABTRACT This work has been designed to look at the various roles played by office managers in record management and carefully investigate the problems...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 279 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE SECRETARYS PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS IN OWERRI MUNICIPAL» Abstract This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 271 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project was aimed at exploring the factors affecting the productivity of secretaries in the civil service of the Imo. The research quest...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 296 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The importance and sensitive position of a secretary in an organization can never be over emphasi...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 192 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This work has been designed to look at the various roles played by secretaries in office administration and management and carefully investig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 237 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MARRIED FEMALE OFFICE MANAGERS IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BANK)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the problems and prospects of married female office managers in business organizations. The population consisted ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 304 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The research work has been carried out to find “The Effect of information and communication technology on today’s business enviro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 276 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. THE CHALLENGES FACED BY SECRETARIES IN A MORDEN OFFICE (A CASE STUDY OF SOME ORGANIZATION OWERRI URBAN COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT This research study focuses on an investigation into the challenges faced by secretaries in selected Ministries in Imo State. Specifically, f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 282 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES