Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
(A CASE STUDY OF AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT) LAGOS)
This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commission Rules and Regulations on Broadcast Media: A case study of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Lagos. This research work gives vivid presentation and analysis on the Implications of NBC broadcast media especially AIT, Lagos. Existing literature reviews that no media station can operate without the rules and regulations. History and resolution of information technology have forced a lot of media organizations to rethink the ways by which operations are carried out and maintaining the rules that bind the media station. The analysis of data gathered shows that majority of respondents believe that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) have helped in increasing and upholding the standard of media organizations in the country by the rules and regulation set. In this wise, every media house should adhere to rules guiding its operation and publication. It is however recommended that National Broadcasting Commission should hold high standard of professional practice and adhere strictly to the ethics of journalism.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is the new body empowered to oversee and regulate the operations of broadcasting in Nigeria consequent upon Decree N0. 55 of 1995 which subsequently became an act of the National Assembly.
To be specific, the NBC is legally and constitutionally vested with the power to monitor, oversee, regulate and license broadcasting in Nigeria and its scope of operation covers the transmission of sound (by radio), audiovisual transmission (by television) via a transmitter as well as transmission through satellite, cable network, system or any other broadcast medium in the country.
As Odetoyinbo (2005) observes in Orunsola Olufemi (2009): Current Trends in Broadcasting, that…
“the NBC in addition to its primary inherent powers, has been vested with additional exclusive powers relating to nationwide broadcasting licensing and regulation which were previously exercised by other agencies under the Wireless Telegraph Act of 1996 and some relevant sections of the Nigerian Television Authority Act of 1976 and the Federal Radio Corporation Act of 1978.”
Decree No. 38 authorized NBC to keep watch over licensing and regulation of Cable Television, Radio , Satellite or any other medium, broadcast from any part of the country is subjected to its authority.
NBC three cardinal purposes were to according to Orunsola (2009):
a. Regulate and control the deregulated broadcast industry in Nigeria.
b. Set a standard for broadcasting practice in Nigeria and create a national broadcasting code which would be the reference point for broadcasting in Nigeria in terms of broadcast quality, content and conduct of both broadcast program and broadcast professionals.
c. Determine and enforce necessary classes sanction as may be necessary to mute out on defaulter of the provision of national broadcasting code ranging from revocation of licenses, to fine or outright closure of a station.
National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) was established through Decree No 38 of 1992 and has become an Act of the National Assembly, which is the sole chartered organization with power to regulate broadcasting in all its activities.
In conclusion, through this research work, some mass communication theories will be examined and look into the implications and impact of National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Implication of National broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations on broadcast medium can be referred to as the positive effect the NBC services has impacted on the operations of the broadcasting media.
This research work will seek to find out what effort or impact the NBC rules and regulations have on Africa Independent Television (AIT).
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC aid AITs level of professionalism?
2. Does adherence to NBC rules and regulations influence the contents of its programme?
3. Does AIT comply with the NBC regulation of local content of 60%?
4. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC affect the contents of AIT programmes?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to find out the Implication of National Broadcasting Commission rules and regulations on AIT. This research work will seek to find out if factors such as, professional organization, commercial lobbies, non-governmental organizations etc affect or influence the broadcast station in complying with the NBC rules and regulations.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AFRICAN DANCES AS VITAL TEACHING TOOLS: A STUDY OF DRAMA AND THEATRE-IN-EDUCATION PROJECT 2015/2016 AT WORD OF FAITH SCHOOL, ENEN AFAHA, UYO» ABSTRACT Most members of the society strongly holds that the western system of education is the only means of educating their children/wards, thus any...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 169 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. AN EVALUATION OF THE EFFICIENCY OF ORGANIZATIONA COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES ON POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA, ENUGU ZONAL OFFICE.» Abstract This work evaluated the efficiency of organizational communication strategies on Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Enugu zonal office. It was...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 179 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. LOCAL NEWSPAPERS’ COVERAGE OF CHILD RIGHTS MATTERS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (THE PIONEER, THE INFORMER AND THE NIGERIAN PULSE)» ABSTRACT This study analysed local newspapers’ coverage of child rights matters in Akwa Ibom State. The specific objectives of the study include to:...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 129 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. THE ROLE OF ELECTRONIC MEDIA IN COMBATING DRUG ABUSE AND NATIONAL SECURITY (A CASE STUDY OF N.T.A. ENUGU STATE)» chapter I introduction 1.1 Background to the study Communication dates back money centuries age right from the creation of man and this painting on th...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 222 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to assess the level of newspapers reportage of the 2012 Dana Aviation Crisis. Consequently, the research investiga...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 66 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In distant past, the people that lived as families and clans in villages and towns communicated a...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 131 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria, there are three main types of media ownership namely, Government ownership, Private o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 73 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Communication is regarded as effective tools in public relation. Most organizations in Nigeria today tend to perform poor...Continue Reading »
25 pages | 109 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. MEDIA AND CREATION OF POLITICAL AWARENESS.( A CASE STUDY OF THE KADUNA STATE MEDIA CORPORATION, KSMC)» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of Study Teaching at any local requires that the students be exposed to some form of stimulation. Adekunle (2008) ...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 343 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Background to the Study Opinion leaders are defined as individual who exert an unequal amount of influence on the decision of others&r...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 108 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION