The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
(A CASE STUDY OF AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT) LAGOS)
This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commission Rules and Regulations on Broadcast Media: A case study of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Lagos. This research work gives vivid presentation and analysis on the Implications of NBC broadcast media especially AIT, Lagos. Existing literature reviews that no media station can operate without the rules and regulations. History and resolution of information technology have forced a lot of media organizations to rethink the ways by which operations are carried out and maintaining the rules that bind the media station. The analysis of data gathered shows that majority of respondents believe that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) have helped in increasing and upholding the standard of media organizations in the country by the rules and regulation set. In this wise, every media house should adhere to rules guiding its operation and publication. It is however recommended that National Broadcasting Commission should hold high standard of professional practice and adhere strictly to the ethics of journalism.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is the new body empowered to oversee and regulate the operations of broadcasting in Nigeria consequent upon Decree N0. 55 of 1995 which subsequently became an act of the National Assembly.
To be specific, the NBC is legally and constitutionally vested with the power to monitor, oversee, regulate and license broadcasting in Nigeria and its scope of operation covers the transmission of sound (by radio), audiovisual transmission (by television) via a transmitter as well as transmission through satellite, cable network, system or any other broadcast medium in the country.
As Odetoyinbo (2005) observes in Orunsola Olufemi (2009): Current Trends in Broadcasting, that…
“the NBC in addition to its primary inherent powers, has been vested with additional exclusive powers relating to nationwide broadcasting licensing and regulation which were previously exercised by other agencies under the Wireless Telegraph Act of 1996 and some relevant sections of the Nigerian Television Authority Act of 1976 and the Federal Radio Corporation Act of 1978.”
Decree No. 38 authorized NBC to keep watch over licensing and regulation of Cable Television, Radio , Satellite or any other medium, broadcast from any part of the country is subjected to its authority.
NBC three cardinal purposes were to according to Orunsola (2009):
a. Regulate and control the deregulated broadcast industry in Nigeria.
b. Set a standard for broadcasting practice in Nigeria and create a national broadcasting code which would be the reference point for broadcasting in Nigeria in terms of broadcast quality, content and conduct of both broadcast program and broadcast professionals.
c. Determine and enforce necessary classes sanction as may be necessary to mute out on defaulter of the provision of national broadcasting code ranging from revocation of licenses, to fine or outright closure of a station.
National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) was established through Decree No 38 of 1992 and has become an Act of the National Assembly, which is the sole chartered organization with power to regulate broadcasting in all its activities.
In conclusion, through this research work, some mass communication theories will be examined and look into the implications and impact of National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Implication of National broadcasting Commission (NBC) rules and regulations on broadcast medium can be referred to as the positive effect the NBC services has impacted on the operations of the broadcasting media.
This research work will seek to find out what effort or impact the NBC rules and regulations have on Africa Independent Television (AIT).
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC aid AITs level of professionalism?
2. Does adherence to NBC rules and regulations influence the contents of its programme?
3. Does AIT comply with the NBC regulation of local content of 60%?
4. To what extent do the rules and regulations of NBC affect the contents of AIT programmes?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to find out the Implication of National Broadcasting Commission rules and regulations on AIT. This research work will seek to find out if factors such as, professional organization, commercial lobbies, non-governmental organizations etc affect or influence the broadcast station in complying with the NBC rules and regulations.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study is a critical examination of the effect of mass media in Traditional media of communication as tools for effective rural developmen...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 80 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is rare these days to see adverts broadcast on television without women playing prominent and ...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 171 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. AN EVALUATION OF THE USE OF INTERACTIVE RADIO INSTRUCTION STRATEGY IN EDUCATING NOMADIC CHILDREN IN NORTHERN NIGERIA.» Abstract It is unarguably a fact that the provision of basic education for all citizens, especially children, remains a sacred responsibility of gover...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 62 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. THE INFLUENCE OF AIT COVERAGE ON POST 2011 ELECTION SENTIMENTS AMONG RESIDENTS OF KABALA DOKI, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Mass Media remain one of the most potent weapons in influencing time. This is why it has been observed that no...Continue Reading »
42 pages | 162 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. THE COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF OSUN STATE BRAODCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC OSOGBO AND GOLD FM ILESA PROGRAMMES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION This chapter introduces the subject matter of this project work, it deal with the purpose and the scope of study literature a...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 195 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. EFFECT OF SOCIAL MEDIA HEALTH COMMUNICATION ON KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND INTENTION TO ADOPT HEALTH-ENHANCING BEHAVIOUR AMONG UNDERGRADUATES IN LEAD CITY...» ABSTRACT Studies have shown that the burden of non communicable diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and hypertension is on the increase in Nigeria. Ade...Continue Reading »
174 pages | 22 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN NIGERIA’S TELECOMMUNICATION SECTORA CASE STUDY OF GLOBACOM NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU ZONE» ABSTRACTThe topic of the research is Corporate Social Responsibility in Nigeria’s Telecommunication Sector (A case study of Globacom Nigeria Limited...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 75 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACTThe study is a critical examination of the effect of mass media in Traditional media of communication as tools for effective rural development...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 113 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» (A Case Study of Osun State Polytechnic ND II Computer Science Students) CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is on The imp...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 157 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The mass media have a prominent role it plays in the society. Mass media through its programmes s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 55 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION