Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The history of advertising can be traced to Egypt, where availability of products where local, that is, street wheels used by peddlers to hawk their wares. Greek made use of his by shouting announcement of the sales of the cattle and slaves, in Rome signs were pasted up producing area and gladiator matches. Examples of advertising have also been founded in Pompeii and Carthage
Advertising has often been defined functionally and semantically and there are quite a number of such definitions around. Wright Warner and Winter for example defined advertising as “controlled identifiable information and persuasion by means of the mass media” while the (British) institute of Advertising: Practitioners sees it as presenting “the most persuasive selling message to the right prospects of the product or services at the lowest possible cost”.
The state popularly defined Advertising (91982:26) “as the product of services inform his potential consumers to why, low and when they should buy that product or services”. Adler and Lever defined advertising consisting of all forms of paid, non personal, all their activities by which oral or visual message are addressed to the public at large or to a selected numbers of people informing them about and influencing them to buy the product and services featured in the advertisements.
To Adeniran (1989:2) and Ogechukwu (1997) advertising is a group of activities among including dissemination of information in any paid, product or services to compel action in advertisement.
The most popular and widely acceptable definition however seems to be that given by the American Marketing Association (A.M.A) as follow “ Advertising is any paid form of non–personal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods or services by an identified sponsor”.
The key words of this definition are paid from”, “non-personal” “presentation and promotion”, ideas, goods or services” and “identified sponsor. A quick consideration of these key words reveals how the American Marketing Associations
Committee on definition intends to distinguish advertising from other functions like publicity, personal selling and propaganda with which it is often confused.
However, in the period of abundance, films try as much as possible to stimulate demand for their products. They are not satisfied merely with products, and trust them to chance that customers will get to know about their products through the impersonal inter-play of market fearless. If the customers are not in formed. They may not know that particular product or services.
The producers of a new existing product or services must disseminate information about their products in order to gain acceptance for their new products and to compete with others products already established in the market. The task of informing and persuading customers does not even cease with the market acceptance of new products. This is because customers must continuously presented with the products that have gained acceptance, because a market changes when new products comes in to challenge the already existing one.
Further more, businessman are aware that if a better product or better service is rendered, consumers will not necessary take pains to inform themselves of its wants satisfying attitudes and where it can be purchased. Hence the need for advertising the products.
Advertising is any paid form of non-personal presentation of ideas, goods and services by an identified sponsor. While marketing is known to be activity that has to do with the movement of goods and services from the manufacturer to the customers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is an essential part of every project work to have statement of the problem. In view of the above background to the study, the statement of the problem of this project work is the role of advertisement in Newspaper patronage” using the
Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Ltd., Ibadan, Nigeria as a case study.
Newspaper publishing is a capital intensive business, which depends solidly on huge amount of capital for is sustainability, also, it depends on readership to attracts advertisement from corporate organization because of the economic hardship in the country, Newspaper organization placed advertisement in the electronic media to highlight their major stories they think will attract readers.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research intends to ask the following questions:
- To what extent has advertisement attracted corporate organizations to newspaper in Nigeria?
- Do readers buy newspaper because of the advertisement in the newspaper?
- To what extent do newspaper advertisement contributed to increase in the patronage of newspapers?
- To what extent have Nigeria Tribune Newspaper been able to improve Nigeria economy?
- To what extent has Nigerian Tribune Newspaper been able to satisfy the needs of its numerous customers?
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to draw out how advertising services as an effective tool for successful marketing. That is, to show how advertising change the consumer’s attitudes towards company’s products, to deduce their significance and role of advertising on Nigerian populace.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be of benefit to all media organization on the role of advertisement in boosting their products or services patronage among target consumers. Similarly advertising agencies, marketing executives, and media school including students will benefit from the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the extent to which the “Share a Coke” campaign influenced university students’ patronage of Coc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Issues involving the influence of Zee World Soap Opera on the cultural values of youths in Uyo me...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF TWITTER SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE BEHAVIOUR OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. A STUDY OF ESSENCE INTERNATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The internet is a global system of interconnected computers that uses the standard internet prot...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study. The radio is considered to be one of the most powerful information dissemination medium availabl...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The attitude of people towards promotion differs. Some people are of the opinion that promotional act...Continue Reading »
6. THE INFLUENCE OF WESTERN TELEVISION PROGRAMME ON THE CULTURAL VALUES OF NIGERIA YOUTHS. (A CASE STUDY OF CARITAS STUDENTS, ENUGU).» ABSTRACT This study probes the impact which Tv has on the cultural values of the Nigeria youths. It specifically tackles the impact of western Tv prog...Continue Reading »
7. AN EVALUATION OF THE USE OF INTERACTIVE RADIO INSTRUCTION STRATEGY IN EDUCATING NOMADIC CHILDREN IN NORTHERN NIGERIA.» Abstract It is unarguably a fact that the provision of basic education for all citizens, especially children, remains a sacred responsibility of gover...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (Analysis of challenges facing freedom of information in Nigeria) is an extract from the complete project material. The comp...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Pornographic materials are the representation of erotic behaviors in books, pictures, statues, motion pictures etc. that is intended to cause...Continue Reading »
10. AN ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC PERCEPTION OF THE USE OF CELEBRITIES IN BILLBOARD ADVERTISING IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Recent trends in advertising have revealed that marketers and advertising agencies prefer the use...Continue Reading »