Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The history of advertising can be traced to Egypt, where availability of products where local, that is, street wheels used by peddlers to hawk their wares. Greek made use of his by shouting announcement of the sales of the cattle and slaves, in Rome signs were pasted up producing area and gladiator matches. Examples of advertising have also been founded in Pompeii and Carthage
Advertising has often been defined functionally and semantically and there are quite a number of such definitions around. Wright Warner and Winter for example defined advertising as “controlled identifiable information and persuasion by means of the mass media” while the (British) institute of Advertising: Practitioners sees it as presenting “the most persuasive selling message to the right prospects of the product or services at the lowest possible cost”.
The state popularly defined Advertising (91982:26) “as the product of services inform his potential consumers to why, low and when they should buy that product or services”. Adler and Lever defined advertising consisting of all forms of paid, non personal, all their activities by which oral or visual message are addressed to the public at large or to a selected numbers of people informing them about and influencing them to buy the product and services featured in the advertisements.
To Adeniran (1989:2) and Ogechukwu (1997) advertising is a group of activities among including dissemination of information in any paid, product or services to compel action in advertisement.
The most popular and widely acceptable definition however seems to be that given by the American Marketing Association (A.M.A) as follow “ Advertising is any paid form of non–personal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods or services by an identified sponsor”.
The key words of this definition are paid from”, “non-personal” “presentation and promotion”, ideas, goods or services” and “identified sponsor. A quick consideration of these key words reveals how the American Marketing Associations
Committee on definition intends to distinguish advertising from other functions like publicity, personal selling and propaganda with which it is often confused.
However, in the period of abundance, films try as much as possible to stimulate demand for their products. They are not satisfied merely with products, and trust them to chance that customers will get to know about their products through the impersonal inter-play of market fearless. If the customers are not in formed. They may not know that particular product or services.
The producers of a new existing product or services must disseminate information about their products in order to gain acceptance for their new products and to compete with others products already established in the market. The task of informing and persuading customers does not even cease with the market acceptance of new products. This is because customers must continuously presented with the products that have gained acceptance, because a market changes when new products comes in to challenge the already existing one.
Further more, businessman are aware that if a better product or better service is rendered, consumers will not necessary take pains to inform themselves of its wants satisfying attitudes and where it can be purchased. Hence the need for advertising the products.
Advertising is any paid form of non-personal presentation of ideas, goods and services by an identified sponsor. While marketing is known to be activity that has to do with the movement of goods and services from the manufacturer to the customers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is an essential part of every project work to have statement of the problem. In view of the above background to the study, the statement of the problem of this project work is the role of advertisement in Newspaper patronage” using the
Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Ltd., Ibadan, Nigeria as a case study.
Newspaper publishing is a capital intensive business, which depends solidly on huge amount of capital for is sustainability, also, it depends on readership to attracts advertisement from corporate organization because of the economic hardship in the country, Newspaper organization placed advertisement in the electronic media to highlight their major stories they think will attract readers.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research intends to ask the following questions:
- To what extent has advertisement attracted corporate organizations to newspaper in Nigeria?
- Do readers buy newspaper because of the advertisement in the newspaper?
- To what extent do newspaper advertisement contributed to increase in the patronage of newspapers?
- To what extent have Nigeria Tribune Newspaper been able to improve Nigeria economy?
- To what extent has Nigerian Tribune Newspaper been able to satisfy the needs of its numerous customers?
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to draw out how advertising services as an effective tool for successful marketing. That is, to show how advertising change the consumer’s attitudes towards company’s products, to deduce their significance and role of advertising on Nigerian populace.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be of benefit to all media organization on the role of advertisement in boosting their products or services patronage among target consumers. Similarly advertising agencies, marketing executives, and media school including students will benefit from the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF OSUN STATE BRAODCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC OSOGBO AND GOLD FM ILESA PROGRAMMES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION This chapter introduces the subject matter of this project work, it deal with the purpose and the scope of study literature a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Nigeria is one of the countries, which is undergoing transition. This is because politically they...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Scholars have long overlooked entrepreneurship in theatre arts. The difficulty of making firms operating in these contexts economically, self...Continue Reading »
4. THE INFLUENCE OF PREVENTION OF MOTHER-TO-CHILD HIV TRANSMISSION CAMPAIGNS ON KNOWLEDE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES AMONG WOMEN IN SOUTHEAST NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The scourge of HIV/AIDS has, no doubt, continued to ravage virtually all parts of the world. Acco...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this research work is find out the crisis resolution of ijaw/ itesekiri of 1997.In the chapter one we make a research on the confl...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF RADIO IN THE POLITICAL MOBILIZATION OF RURAL AREAS IN NIGERIA (CASE STUDY OF NJIKOKA L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Mass Media made up of print and electronic play a huge role as veritable instruments of commu...Continue Reading »
7. NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF RURAL HEALTH CARE DELIVERY: AN ANALYSIS OF SOME SELECTED NATIONAL DAILIES» ABSTRACT. This thesis examines Nigerian Newspaper coverage of rural health care delivery. Using content analysis, the issue of concern was investigate...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project attempts to critically examine the influence of “Igbo Rituals as Filmic Themes in Nollywood Movies”. In order to achieve thi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The responsibilities of the mass media as a social institution cannot be over emphasized, it is...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF BREATH-AWAY PROGRAMMES (CRBC-TV) ON CHILDREN AS RELATED TO SOCIAL BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study This chapter gives us an introduction to the research „‟Impact of Breath away (CRBC TV) as r...Continue Reading »