Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
(A Critical Analysis of Four Home Movies; ZOZA, Before the Rain, Street Fame and The Dogs Meeting)
This research study was primarily motivated by the researcher’s curiosity to examine the extent to which Trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies have negatively increased the rate with which these movies have proliferated Nigerian markets. The data gathered and the findings in this study are to serve as reference material for future researchers in the field of home movies production and Mass Communication. Also the methodology used in this research work was content analysis method which is defined as the scientific, objective and systematic investigation into the content of media document which includes books, films/ video content, magazines, newspaper and so on. The hypothesis were answered and tested. Also the limitation and significance of this study were highlighted and recommendations, based on the findings, were made.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
This study, “Trends of Negative Themes in Nigerian Home Movies” aims at identifying the negative themes in Nigerian home movies, especially those that have their theme, plot, and setting in the rich culture of Nigeria. Even those that have Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa theme, plot, setting like the imported films negatively influence the culture and behaviour of Nigerian people.
There is common belief in Nigeria, that home movies negatively project the culture of Nigeria. That is why Frank Aig-Imoukahuede in Opubor (1995:47) confirms that “many Nigerians have complained of the poisonous content of films shown on the screens in Nigeria a great number of people have criticized the nation’s television for featuring materials which contradict or erode the quality of life and undermines the people’s values and norms. What is needed are films for self projection, for presenting the fact of life in Nigeria. ” the study will be able to confirm or disprove the widely held view.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Nigerian home movies assumed a lot of important in the area of entertainment and cultural transmission. This explains the time audience (both children and adults) spend watching movies in their homes or their frequent visit to video clubs.
The behavioural pattern of people is formed by different factors in their environment. Home movies have entered as a novel part of the environment that has an over-powering influence since many of these Nigerian movies embody that tradition and culture of Nigerian if they are not of high technical or moral quality,
they will influence their audience negatively. Those who do not have fair knowledge of the ideal culture are bound to imbibe the negative aspect unconsciously. Also the viewing of these movies will make people believe such practices as the culture or way of life of the people.
Thus, the central problem of this research study is to ascertain how the Trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies affect the Nigerian culture and influence it negatively.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
To ascertain the extent to which the trends of themes in Nigeria home movies affect the Nigerian culture.
To determine if what is watched by the researcher is believed to be the ideal cultural practice of Nigeria.
To know if the contents of such movies are imbibed by both young and adult viewers.
To determine how to improve such situations.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. To what extent do Nigerian home movies showcase Negative themes?
2. To what extent do Nigerian Home movies portray Nigerian culture negatively?
3. Does the setting of Nigeria home movies affect them negatively?
4. To what extent do Nigeria home movie have effect on the cultural value of Nigeria?
5. To what extent do negative influences of home movies tilt the cultural and behavioural change of viewers?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Home movies as agents of cultural change have both audio and visual effects. These effects bring about attitude and behavior change. This research study intends to investigate the cause of these trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies.
The study will be useful in identifying the extent to which home videos flooding the market despoil the true fabrics of the Nigerian culture. It is, therefore, anticipated that the study will be useful to all those that watch Nigerian home movies.
It will also help to instruct producers to be conscious of the negative influences on younger generation and offer solutions to better ways of presentation of the cultural contents of Nigerian movies.
Finally the study would be useful to the government, movie industries, communication experts, students, researchers as well as parents in many ways.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» The article on this topic (Analysis of challenges facing freedom of information in Nigeria) is an extract from the complete project material. The comp...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The invention of electronic devices such as modern communication hard wares, internet service and...Continue Reading »
3. MASS MEDIA AND POLITICAL MOBILIZATION: AN ASSESSMENT OF DEMOCRACY IN PRACTICE (LIBERTY FM 91.7) AMONG THE RESIDENCE OF SABON KAWO KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the study Political development in Nigeria has taken a centre stage in recent times. This is anchored on th...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS CHAPTER TITLE PAGE Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgments v Abstract vii Table of Contents viii...Continue Reading »
5. INTERNET PENETRATION AND THE ADOPTION OF TELEVISION STREAMING AMONG STAKEHOLDERS IN SOUTH-WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Internet has revolutionised the different sectors of the society, including the media industry. One of the innovative applications of the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation, study‟s the transformation taking place in the field of sports journalism due to convergence made possible by the emerge...Continue Reading »
7. COMMUNICATION AS INDISPENSIBLE TOOL OF EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION/ A CASE STUDY OF FIRS UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY According Richter, (2000), communication is the process of meaningful interaction among human bei...Continue Reading »
8. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF THE MEDIA IN MOBILIZING WOMEN FOR POLITICAL PARTICIPATION: A CASE STUDY OF MANDO RESIDENTS OF KADUNA METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The practice of purdar is an extreme form of the denial of participation rights of women. More ge...Continue Reading »
9. AN EVALUATION OF THE USE OF INTERACTIVE RADIO INSTRUCTION STRATEGY IN EDUCATING NOMADIC CHILDREN IN NORTHERN NIGERIA.» Abstract It is unarguably a fact that the provision of basic education for all citizens, especially children, remains a sacred responsibility of gover...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle Page iCertification iiDeclaration iiiDedication ivAcknowledgements vTable of Contents viAbstract xCHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Ba...Continue Reading »