The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
(A Critical Analysis of Four Home Movies; ZOZA, Before the Rain, Street Fame and The Dogs Meeting)
This research study was primarily motivated by the researcher’s curiosity to examine the extent to which Trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies have negatively increased the rate with which these movies have proliferated Nigerian markets. The data gathered and the findings in this study are to serve as reference material for future researchers in the field of home movies production and Mass Communication. Also the methodology used in this research work was content analysis method which is defined as the scientific, objective and systematic investigation into the content of media document which includes books, films/ video content, magazines, newspaper and so on. The hypothesis were answered and tested. Also the limitation and significance of this study were highlighted and recommendations, based on the findings, were made.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
This study, “Trends of Negative Themes in Nigerian Home Movies” aims at identifying the negative themes in Nigerian home movies, especially those that have their theme, plot, and setting in the rich culture of Nigeria. Even those that have Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa theme, plot, setting like the imported films negatively influence the culture and behaviour of Nigerian people.
There is common belief in Nigeria, that home movies negatively project the culture of Nigeria. That is why Frank Aig-Imoukahuede in Opubor (1995:47) confirms that “many Nigerians have complained of the poisonous content of films shown on the screens in Nigeria a great number of people have criticized the nation’s television for featuring materials which contradict or erode the quality of life and undermines the people’s values and norms. What is needed are films for self projection, for presenting the fact of life in Nigeria. ” the study will be able to confirm or disprove the widely held view.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Nigerian home movies assumed a lot of important in the area of entertainment and cultural transmission. This explains the time audience (both children and adults) spend watching movies in their homes or their frequent visit to video clubs.
The behavioural pattern of people is formed by different factors in their environment. Home movies have entered as a novel part of the environment that has an over-powering influence since many of these Nigerian movies embody that tradition and culture of Nigerian if they are not of high technical or moral quality,
they will influence their audience negatively. Those who do not have fair knowledge of the ideal culture are bound to imbibe the negative aspect unconsciously. Also the viewing of these movies will make people believe such practices as the culture or way of life of the people.
Thus, the central problem of this research study is to ascertain how the Trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies affect the Nigerian culture and influence it negatively.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
To ascertain the extent to which the trends of themes in Nigeria home movies affect the Nigerian culture.
To determine if what is watched by the researcher is believed to be the ideal cultural practice of Nigeria.
To know if the contents of such movies are imbibed by both young and adult viewers.
To determine how to improve such situations.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. To what extent do Nigerian home movies showcase Negative themes?
2. To what extent do Nigerian Home movies portray Nigerian culture negatively?
3. Does the setting of Nigeria home movies affect them negatively?
4. To what extent do Nigeria home movie have effect on the cultural value of Nigeria?
5. To what extent do negative influences of home movies tilt the cultural and behavioural change of viewers?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Home movies as agents of cultural change have both audio and visual effects. These effects bring about attitude and behavior change. This research study intends to investigate the cause of these trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies.
The study will be useful in identifying the extent to which home videos flooding the market despoil the true fabrics of the Nigerian culture. It is, therefore, anticipated that the study will be useful to all those that watch Nigerian home movies.
It will also help to instruct producers to be conscious of the negative influences on younger generation and offer solutions to better ways of presentation of the cultural contents of Nigerian movies.
Finally the study would be useful to the government, movie industries, communication experts, students, researchers as well as parents in many ways.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF ANAMBRA BROADCASTING SERVICE TELEVISION (ABS) BUSINESS LINK PROGRAMME ON THE COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES OF AWKA RESIDENTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.3 Background of the Study Most people accept the idea the media can influence people but the degree of that influence as we...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 316 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Abstract The core objective of this research was to examine the influence of online news on the traditional newspaper patronage among University of Ib...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 224 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Cartoon readership decreased as student readers got older. Among the lecturers, readership of car...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 671 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. EVALUATION OF NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF PINK PEARL FOUNDATION BREAST CANCER CAMPAIGNS IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA» Abstract Breast cancer as a scourge has become a global issue and its threat has led to a growing consciousness among women who are potential victims....Continue Reading »
90 pages | 79 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Culture entails the way of life of people culture is the total way of life of a people, culture c...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 297 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. ROLE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN NON COMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF GUIDANCE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study For many non commercial organizations, public relations, whether to recruit volunteers, publicize...Continue Reading »
37 pages | 155 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Abstract The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of social media in managing. As social media creates a 24/7 world ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 70 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» The impact of radio and television campaign on cultism in Nigerian cannot be undermined. Instead, it has gotten enough recognition in our society and ...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 459 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. AN EVALUATION OF THE EFFICIENCY OF ORGANIZATIONA COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES ON POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA, ENUGU ZONAL OFFICE.» Abstract This work evaluated the efficiency of organizational communication strategies on Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Enugu zonal office. It was...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 75 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study focused on the influence of Dettol soap advertisements on Oyo State women’s perception and use of the brand. Advertising has bee...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 30 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION