Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
(A Critical Analysis of Four Home Movies; ZOZA, Before the Rain, Street Fame and The Dogs Meeting)
This research study was primarily motivated by the researcher’s curiosity to examine the extent to which Trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies have negatively increased the rate with which these movies have proliferated Nigerian markets. The data gathered and the findings in this study are to serve as reference material for future researchers in the field of home movies production and Mass Communication. Also the methodology used in this research work was content analysis method which is defined as the scientific, objective and systematic investigation into the content of media document which includes books, films/ video content, magazines, newspaper and so on. The hypothesis were answered and tested. Also the limitation and significance of this study were highlighted and recommendations, based on the findings, were made.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
This study, “Trends of Negative Themes in Nigerian Home Movies” aims at identifying the negative themes in Nigerian home movies, especially those that have their theme, plot, and setting in the rich culture of Nigeria. Even those that have Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa theme, plot, setting like the imported films negatively influence the culture and behaviour of Nigerian people.
There is common belief in Nigeria, that home movies negatively project the culture of Nigeria. That is why Frank Aig-Imoukahuede in Opubor (1995:47) confirms that “many Nigerians have complained of the poisonous content of films shown on the screens in Nigeria a great number of people have criticized the nation’s television for featuring materials which contradict or erode the quality of life and undermines the people’s values and norms. What is needed are films for self projection, for presenting the fact of life in Nigeria. ” the study will be able to confirm or disprove the widely held view.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Nigerian home movies assumed a lot of important in the area of entertainment and cultural transmission. This explains the time audience (both children and adults) spend watching movies in their homes or their frequent visit to video clubs.
The behavioural pattern of people is formed by different factors in their environment. Home movies have entered as a novel part of the environment that has an over-powering influence since many of these Nigerian movies embody that tradition and culture of Nigerian if they are not of high technical or moral quality,
they will influence their audience negatively. Those who do not have fair knowledge of the ideal culture are bound to imbibe the negative aspect unconsciously. Also the viewing of these movies will make people believe such practices as the culture or way of life of the people.
Thus, the central problem of this research study is to ascertain how the Trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies affect the Nigerian culture and influence it negatively.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
To ascertain the extent to which the trends of themes in Nigeria home movies affect the Nigerian culture.
To determine if what is watched by the researcher is believed to be the ideal cultural practice of Nigeria.
To know if the contents of such movies are imbibed by both young and adult viewers.
To determine how to improve such situations.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. To what extent do Nigerian home movies showcase Negative themes?
2. To what extent do Nigerian Home movies portray Nigerian culture negatively?
3. Does the setting of Nigeria home movies affect them negatively?
4. To what extent do Nigeria home movie have effect on the cultural value of Nigeria?
5. To what extent do negative influences of home movies tilt the cultural and behavioural change of viewers?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Home movies as agents of cultural change have both audio and visual effects. These effects bring about attitude and behavior change. This research study intends to investigate the cause of these trends of negative themes in Nigerian home movies.
The study will be useful in identifying the extent to which home videos flooding the market despoil the true fabrics of the Nigerian culture. It is, therefore, anticipated that the study will be useful to all those that watch Nigerian home movies.
It will also help to instruct producers to be conscious of the negative influences on younger generation and offer solutions to better ways of presentation of the cultural contents of Nigerian movies.
Finally the study would be useful to the government, movie industries, communication experts, students, researchers as well as parents in many ways.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION Theatre can be defined as a performance for the purpose of entertainment, information, education or communication. Th...Continue Reading »
2. AN ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC PERCEPTION OF THE USE OF CELEBRITIES IN BILLBOARD ADVERTISING IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Recent trends in advertising have revealed that marketers and advertising agencies prefer the use...Continue Reading »
3. THE INFLUENCE OF WESTERN TELEVISION PROGRAMME ON THE CULTURAL VALUES OF NIGERIA YOUTHS. (A CASE STUDY OF CARITAS STUDENTS, ENUGU).» ABSTRACT This study probes the impact which Tv has on the cultural values of the Nigeria youths. It specifically tackles the impact of western Tv prog...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyThat the mass media plays a vital role in the development process of a country is not again saying. ...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF TELEVISION VIEWING ON THE MORAL BEHAVIOUR OF NIGERIAN CHILDREN: (A STUDY OF GAIUS BENTON SCHOOLS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Television is a sight and sound medium through which messages and information ideas are communicated ...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 INTRODUCTION: Historically, television broadcasting in Nigeria has been use as a medium of communication that seeks to enrich the life of average ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at assessing the use of Internet among students of Zamfara College of Arts and Science. The specific objectives of the st...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Traditional communication is regarded here as the products of the interplay between a traditional...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page Title Page ii Declaration iii Certification iv Dedication v Acknowledgments vi Table of Content vii List of Tables x Abstr...Continue Reading »