Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
The student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, existence has continued to move from archaic ways of life to align with modern social media change introduced by technology. This technology popularly known as Information and Communication Technology (ICT) continue to transform every fact of student life and concur to the nation of a great scholar Mcluhan on medium is the messages that influence the students rather it is the capability of social media technology which extend student life through time.
Communication is a basic human need and for that reason student has always found a means of meeting this need. The media which is an umbrella term of various means of communication has become integral part of human life around the world.
The earliest forms of personal media, speech and gestures had the benefit of being easy to use and did not necessarily need complex technology. The popularity of the internet and online communication in the life of the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree has grown exponentially social media (networking) websites enables users to remain connected. The wide spread of social networking websites such as face book, my space, twitter, 2go, whats app. Etc. with million user accessing these websites is raising daily.
Research proves that it is safe to assume that majority of people taking that survey were in fact University, Polytechnic level, College students with no bias towards gender or race.
Basically this project work centers on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, student as Information
Communication Technology, despite it positive gains come with negative consequences with so many networking sites displayed on the internet, most students are tempted to abandon their home work, reading times in preferences for chatting online with their friends.
Many students especially Osun State Polytechnic Iree students are now addicted to the online rave of the movement with facebook, social media before now was used by student in alarming and must be tacked urgently so that social media (networking) will not disparage the future and primary aims of this student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree.
However, this project work will focus on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, how they have benefited positively from these social media (networks).
Statement of the Study
This project work will examine the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree and to make further suggestion on how the use of social media and networking has positively and negatively affected the student both in their academics and social life.
To what extent has the social media affected the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree?
Does social media has any implication on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree academic performance?
How often do students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree have access to this social media?
To what extent has the social media improves the educational standard of Osun State Polytechnic Iree?
Objective of the Study
1. To examine how students could benefit from these social media.
2. To examine critically the implications of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
3. To know the performances and how often student use these social media. These are the objective of this project.
Significance of the Study
It is hope that the finding of this project work will not only add to the vast knowledge about the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, it’s also design to highlight the function of the media and more importantly how the social media has impacted the generality of students.
Limitation of the Study
As a result of time constraints and other factors which may disturb the limited period stipulated for this work the project on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree will be limited to only these areas meaning the positive and negative effect of the social media.
Scope of the Study
The range of this project has been limited to the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree. It is assumed that whatever findings obtain would also be applicable to other institution.
Definition of Terms
MEDIA: This means the way through large number of people receive information and entertainment that is television, radio, newspaper, magazine and internet.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Means media for social interaction using highly accessible and able publishing technique. It’s also a form of electronic communication to share information, ideas, personal messages and other content.
NETWORKING: This is the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups or institutions. It’s also the establishment or use of computer.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE INFLUENCE OF MEDIA CAMPAIGN IN THE ERADICATION OF FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION PRACTICE IN SELECTED COMMUNITIES OF SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA» Abstract The use of mass media to crusade and mobilize support against certain crude and inhuman cultural practices has remained an essential focus on...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF AFRICAN TRADITIONAL FORMS OF COMMUNICATION IN MARRIAGE AMONG THE JUKUNS IN SOUTHERN TARABA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In Assessing the African Traditional Forms of Communication in Marriage among the Jukuns in Southern Taraba State, as a result of scanty lite...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Tom and Jerry, a type of cartoon children enjoy watching, was chosen as the case study, with sample drawn from pupils of Uwani Primary School...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF TRAINING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF HEALTH PROMOTERS IN MATERNAL, NEWBORN AND CHILD HEALTH EDUCATION IN AKWA IBOM» ABSTRACT Maternal, new born and child mortality have been on the front burner of public health policy makers and implementers for decades especially i...Continue Reading »
5. ETHICAL CHALLENGES IN JOURNALISM PRACTICE IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS, BAYELSA AND DELTA STATES» ABSTRACT The journalism profession has great impact on the individuals and society at large, hence it is expected that its ethical principles be adher...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 INTRODUCTION: Historically, television broadcasting in Nigeria has been use as a medium of communication that seeks to enrich the life of average ...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION OF NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF PINK PEARL FOUNDATION BREAST CANCER CAMPAIGNS IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA» Abstract Breast cancer as a scourge has become a global issue and its threat has led to a growing consciousness among women who are potential victims....Continue Reading »
» 26AbstractThis project examines the comparative study of the performances of government owned and privately owned broadcasting media organization (A s...Continue Reading »
» LIST OF ACRONYMS/ABBREVIATIONS Ahmadu Bello University Advanced Research Project Agency Network Information and Communication Technologies Internet Wo...Continue Reading »