Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
The student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, existence has continued to move from archaic ways of life to align with modern social media change introduced by technology. This technology popularly known as Information and Communication Technology (ICT) continue to transform every fact of student life and concur to the nation of a great scholar Mcluhan on medium is the messages that influence the students rather it is the capability of social media technology which extend student life through time.
Communication is a basic human need and for that reason student has always found a means of meeting this need. The media which is an umbrella term of various means of communication has become integral part of human life around the world.
The earliest forms of personal media, speech and gestures had the benefit of being easy to use and did not necessarily need complex technology. The popularity of the internet and online communication in the life of the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree has grown exponentially social media (networking) websites enables users to remain connected. The wide spread of social networking websites such as face book, my space, twitter, 2go, whats app. Etc. with million user accessing these websites is raising daily.
Research proves that it is safe to assume that majority of people taking that survey were in fact University, Polytechnic level, College students with no bias towards gender or race.
Basically this project work centers on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, student as Information
Communication Technology, despite it positive gains come with negative consequences with so many networking sites displayed on the internet, most students are tempted to abandon their home work, reading times in preferences for chatting online with their friends.
Many students especially Osun State Polytechnic Iree students are now addicted to the online rave of the movement with facebook, social media before now was used by student in alarming and must be tacked urgently so that social media (networking) will not disparage the future and primary aims of this student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree.
However, this project work will focus on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, how they have benefited positively from these social media (networks).
Statement of the Study
This project work will examine the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree and to make further suggestion on how the use of social media and networking has positively and negatively affected the student both in their academics and social life.
To what extent has the social media affected the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree?
Does social media has any implication on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree academic performance?
How often do students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree have access to this social media?
To what extent has the social media improves the educational standard of Osun State Polytechnic Iree?
Objective of the Study
1. To examine how students could benefit from these social media.
2. To examine critically the implications of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
3. To know the performances and how often student use these social media. These are the objective of this project.
Significance of the Study
It is hope that the finding of this project work will not only add to the vast knowledge about the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree, it’s also design to highlight the function of the media and more importantly how the social media has impacted the generality of students.
Limitation of the Study
As a result of time constraints and other factors which may disturb the limited period stipulated for this work the project on the impact of social media on the student of Osun State Polytechnic Iree will be limited to only these areas meaning the positive and negative effect of the social media.
Scope of the Study
The range of this project has been limited to the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic Iree. It is assumed that whatever findings obtain would also be applicable to other institution.
Definition of Terms
MEDIA: This means the way through large number of people receive information and entertainment that is television, radio, newspaper, magazine and internet.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Means media for social interaction using highly accessible and able publishing technique. It’s also a form of electronic communication to share information, ideas, personal messages and other content.
NETWORKING: This is the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups or institutions. It’s also the establishment or use of computer.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Human beings have always lived in communities because they are social animals that believe so muc...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF PARTICIPATORY COMMUNICATION IN THE OPERATION AND ACTIVITIES OF COOPERATIVES SOCIETIES IN KADUNA IN ENGENDERING ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND DE...» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate the role of participatory communication in the operation and activities of Cooperative Societies in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION The word change has so many meanings depending on the context in which it is used. However, one major point that keep...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The most important change that has taken place in the sport industry is the significant role the ...Continue Reading »
5. COMMUNICATION GAP: EFFECT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF NNEWI NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA SECREATARIAT)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Certification page ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Abstract vi Table of contents viii CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction...Continue Reading »
6. A COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF AKBC AND PLANET RADIO STATIONS OPERATIONS DURING THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 Introduction Radio as a medium of mass communication has acceptance across the difference social strata in the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Watching movies has become a common phenomenon among adolescents due to the technological advancement of media tools which are easily accessi...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle page iDeclaration iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgement vTable of contents viList of Tables viiiAbstract ixCHAPTER ON...Continue Reading »
9. FOREIGN TELEVISION STATIONS’ REPRESENTATION AND THE PERCEPTION OF NIGERIA’S IMAGE BY YOUTHS IN SELECTED UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTHWEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigeria youths are perhaps vulnerable victims of foreign television programmes transmitted to Nigeria. The manner in which the foreign televi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study. The radio is considered to be one of the most powerful information dissemination medium availabl...Continue Reading »