Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
A television programme or television show is segment of content intended for broadcast on television, other than a commercial channel indent trailer or any other segment content not serving as attraction for viewership. It may be a single production or more commonly a series of related production also called a television series.
A television series that is intended to comprise a limited number of episodes may be called a mini-series or serial. Serial without a fixed length are usually divided into season or series yearly or semi annual set new episodes. While there is no defined length, use industry tends to favour longer seasons than those of some other countries. One time broadcast may be called a special or particularly in the UK a special episode “A television film” made for TV movies” or television “or television movies”) is a film that is initially broadcast on television rather than released in the theaters or direct to video.
According to bright, k. S (1994) – A programme can either be recorded as on video tape or other various electronic media forms or considered live television. Television programming may fictional as in comedies and drama or non-fictional (as in documentary news and reality television).
It may be topical (as in the case of local newscast and some made for television movies) or historical (as in the case of many documentaries and fictional series). They could be primarily instructional or educational or entertaining as is the case in situation comedy and games. Reich .A, Cohen, T,(2003) stated that “A drama programmeusually features a set of actors in a some what familiar setting. The programme follows their lives and their adventures. Except for soap opera-type series. Many shows especially before the 1980’s remained static without story areas and the main characters and premises changed little. If some change happened to the characters lives during the episode it was usually undone by end. (Because of this, the episodes could be broadcast in any order). Since 1980’s there are many series that feature progressive change to the plot, the characters or both in 2012, it was reported that television was growing into a larger component of major media companies revenue than film. Some also noted the increase in quality of some television programmers. In 2012, Academy-Award wining film director Steven Soderbergan commenting on ambiguity and complexity of character and narration stated” I thick those quality are now being seen on television and that people who want to see stories that have those kinds of qualities are watching television. Television news disseminates current events via the different channels station.
A news bulletin or a “newscast” are television programmers that last for seconds to hours that provides up to date on world, national, regional or local news events .There are numerous providers of broadcast news, content such a NB C, CNN, Fox news ,channels as well as numerous programmers that regularly news.
According to Macdonald (2012), television news is very image based showing video footage of many even that are reported, still photography is also used in reporting news stories, although not as much in recent years in early days of broadcast television.
Television channel many provide news bulletins as part of regularly scheduled news programme. Less often, sexton. A (1999) stipulation that television shows may be interrupted or replaced by breaking news report news flashes”) to provide news update on events of great importance. However emerging digital technology has changed news consumption choice and habits, and in report released last fall, few research centres found that local television has experienced viewership declines in the last several years, most acutely among young people, additionally few research have documented significant declines in Americans reliance on newspaper and radio overtime. At the same time, the Nielsen date provides a reminder of the central role television still plays in news consumption in the comfort of our home. Almost three-quarter of Americans, (71%) watch local TV news and almost two third, 65% watch network news over the course of month and more than one third (38%) of Americans watch news on the cable television.
Vaughan’s. (1963) opinioned said that broadcast television may have a wider reach; cable news hardily wins the competition in the time and attention of news consumers at home. People who watch cable news do so for an average of about 25 minutes a day, compared with the slightly more than 12 minutes a day local television and network news viewers spend on those plat form.
Some of this is no doubt due to cable news role as an around the clock, news on demand operation on every television platform; viewership is largest in the evening and night time hour. The number of viewers watching cable news is quite stable between 8am and 4pm, being to grow modestly in late afternoon and than peak between 8-11pm. The local news audience is highest during the late 11pm newscast, without 15% more viewers than the slots from 5pm to 7pm.The morning newscast, from 6am to 7am, generate about 60% if the viewership that the late night programme does.
According to few research centres, people who are heavy users of any type of television news tend to be heavy views of other programmers. But the heaviest viewers of the cable news far out pace heavy viewers of the local and network news racking up almost 50 more minutes a day on average than the most dedicated local news viewers approximately 40 more minutes than the top tier of network news viewers.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The study seeks of examine the reaction of residents of Uyo on news Broadcast in English on AKBC TV and NTA channel. However the problem that necessitated to this research work is the need to know the reaction of Uyo residents on news broadcast in English on AKBC and NTA and NTA channels Uyo; since it is not yet known.
Consequently, the question is asked; how do resident of Uyo react to news broadcast in English on AKBC and NTA channels, Uyo?
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this study are to
1. Appraise listener’s reaction to news in English.
2. Ascertain the clarity/accuracy of the news in English ;
3. Know if Uyo residents prefers AKBC TV news or NTA channel news;
4. Ascertain the reason for Uyo resident preference of AKBC TV news channel news.
5. Proffer solutions to the findings and recommendation.
This study will attempt to answer to the following questions based on the above objections.
1. What are the reactions of listeners of news broadcast in English?
2. How clear\accurate is news broadcasting in English?
3. Does Uyo resident prefer AKBC TV news or NTA channel news?
4. What are the reasons for their preference of AKBC or NTA news?
5. What are the solutions and recommendation as regards to the findings?
1.4SIGNFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is that the researcher will be able to know how resident of Uyo reacts to news in English. The researcher will also be able to know to what extent Uyo resident always understand news broadcasted in English and how clear and accurate is the broadcast. The research will also bring integrity to the different broadcasting channels/station used as a study in this research. It will also add the academic knowledge of the researcher and those who would want to engage in similar research topics.
1.5DELIMITATION OF STUDY
This study is limited to the reaction of Uyo residents on news broadcasting in English on AKBC TV and NTA channels it will not attempt to deliver into all the broadcasting station in Uyo, but will only focus on AKBC TV and NTA channels.
1.6LIMITATION OF STUDY
One of the limitation of this study was inaccessibility to written material especially in the review of related studies. Another limitation was in the area of date gathering as respondents were reluctant to complete the questionnaire. How, they were strongly encouraged to complete the questionnaire were purely for academic purposes. Some of the respondent did not return the Questionnaire though, but the number was insignificant to affect the result of the study.
1.7DEFINITION OF TERMS
Definition of terms is essential to this research in order for clarity and simplicity of words. And action or statement that reacts to stimulus. News broadcasting ----- According to okoye 2008:1} .it is the dissemination of information, news events, attitude, ideas and opinion, though the use of air waves to a let erogenous and widely dispersed audience simultaneously, via television, radio, or internet in the field of broadcast journalism.
The following words are defined operationally.
1. News broadcasting---- is the medium of broadcasting of various news events and other information via television, radio or internet in the field of broadcast journalism.
2. Resident ------- According to Longman dictionary it means someone who lives particular place.
3. Reaction---- According to Longman dictionary it means to behave in a particular way because of something that happen or something that something that has been said to you.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF TELEVISION VIEWING ON THE MORAL BEHAVIOUR OF NIGERIAN CHILDREN: (A STUDY OF GAIUS BENTON SCHOOLS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Television is a sight and sound medium through which messages and information ideas are communicated ...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF MASS MEDIA IN ANTI-CHILD ABUSE AND TRAFFICKING CAMPAIGN (A CASE STUDY OF OWERRI METRO-POLIS)» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The word “ROLE” according to the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary is “the function or position that so...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of study Crime remains pervasive and forever strives to hide itself in terms of communication i.e in a manner that...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION Theatre can be defined as a performance for the purpose of entertainment, information, education or communication. Th...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF MASS MEDIA AS A TOOL FOR PUBLIC ENLIGHTENMENT IN ACHIEVING THE MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDGS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACK GROUP TO THE STUDY The problem of development has occupied to attention of scholars, activists, politic rams, developmen...Continue Reading »
6. COMMUNICATION: THE KEY IN EFFECTIVE PUBLIC RELATION (A Case study of DAAR Communication Limited) (AIT/RAY POWER)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Nolte (1974), one of the legendary public relation consultant and other said, “That are two requirements for success in...Continue Reading »
7. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The human society we live in is that of law and ethics, control and regulations. In essence there...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This paper examines the patterns of media ownership in Nigeria. It analyzes the impacts of ownership patterns on media freedom and profession...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The attitude of people towards promotion differs. Some people are of the opinion that promotional act...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF BILLBOARD ADVERTISING ON PRODUCT PROMOTION, (A STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY PRODUCTS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study: Advertising is one of the tools used for persuasive communication to target audience. Advertisin...Continue Reading »