Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.2 Statement of Research Problems
Clamp down on the Nigerian press has become so rampant that it has become necessary to examine the issue of government infringement on press freedom vis-à-vis the effects it possibly has on the general performance of the Nigerian press. The Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Enugu being a Federal Government Medium is vested with the responsibility to protect its boss, as well as defend the profession.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
i. It is hoped that by the end of the study, we would be able to discover the impact the suppression of the Nigerian press by government has had on the ability of the Nigerian journalist to perform his functions. Also its effects on programmes and News production in NTA would be examined.
ii. It is also hoped that the result of the study will enable us know if the phenomenon has affected the growth of the Nigeria press.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The issue of the government/press relationship in Nigeria has raised a lot of interest both to the practitioners and the public, that a study into the phenomenon was long overdue.
This study will no doubt be useful to mass media practitioners in Nigeria and will help the public appreciate the onerous role of the press in Nigeria so as to enable them rise in defence of the press whenever it is threatened by excessive political power.
1.5 Research Questions
i. To what extent has government interference with News and programmes production affected the performance of the Nigerian press?
ii. Has the lack of press freedom negatively affected the investigative spirit of journalists.
iii. Does the lack of press freedom hinder the growth of journalism and by extension, national development?
1.6 Research Hypotheses
Based on the research questions stated, three hypotheses were formed.
H1: Government interferes with News and Programmes production.
H0: Government does not interfere with News and programmes production.
H2: Lack of press freedom negatively affects the performance and investigative spirit of journalists.
H0: Lack of press freedom does not negatively affect the performance and investigative spirit of journalists.
H3: Lack of press freedom hinders the growth of journalism and by extension, national development.
H0: Lack of press freedom does not hinder the growth of journalism and by extension, national development.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research was carried out to ascertain Uyo resident's perception of the credibility of select online newspapers (PUNCH and Vanguard). The...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF ANTI-GRAFT AGENCIES IN ANTI- CORRUPTION CAMPAIGNS IN NIGERIA: (A CASE STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 2 Before this country could be free from corruption, its deem fit to invite certain bodies like E...Continue Reading »
3. NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF RURAL HEALTH CARE DELIVERY: AN ANALYSIS OF SOME SELECTED NATIONAL DAILIES» ABSTRACT. This thesis examines Nigerian Newspaper coverage of rural health care delivery. Using content analysis, the issue of concern was investigate...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In every societies we find ourselves, the need for the rules to reach out improve the standard of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Live broadcasting of television programs is here to stay. Whether we like it or refuse to acknowl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study analysed comments posted by readers on Vanguard newspaper website relating to news reports of President Muhammadu Buhari‘s e...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF GULDER ADVERTISEMENT ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF STUDENT’S OF ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Nigeria marketing environment today is one of aggressive and unfriendly competition among bot...Continue Reading »
» LIST OF ACRONYMS/ABBREVIATIONS Ahmadu Bello University Advanced Research Project Agency Network Information and Communication Technologies Internet Wo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The responsibilities of the mass media as a social institution cannot be over emphasized, it is...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Scholars have long overlooked entrepreneurship in theatre arts. The difficulty of making firms operating in these contexts economically, self...Continue Reading »