Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Composite jam was produced from four different tropical fruits – pineapple, apple, orange and banana at different proportion. Four difernt samples were produced with the following proportion sample A 70% pineapple and 10% of banana, apple and orange. Sample B 70% banana, 10% pineapple, apple and orange. Sample C 70% apple, 10% orange, pineapple apple and banana. Sample D 70% orange. 10% pineapple, banana and apple. The final product was subjected to sensory analysis using multiple comparism method. Sample A which comparize of 70% pineapple pulp was rated best in term of colour spreadability, and General Acceptability while sample B, C and D was rated best in term of texture, taste. However statistical analysis revealed that there is no significant different among the four sample.
Jam is a shelf-stable food product from fruit pulp, pectin and sugar cooked to form a gel. Fleshy or pulpy fruits such as pineapple, pawpaw, orange, Apple, banana and mango etc or combination of these fruits are usually employed. Good jam has a soft even consistency without distinct part of fruit, a bright colour, good fruit flavour and jam jellied texture that is easy to spread but has no free liquid. (Nickerson 1998)
Jam is a form of fruit preservation through the use of high concentration of sugar, hence jam can be classified as sugary food, and however their quality characteristics may be more easily determined from their relationship with fruit rather than with sugar. It is the product made by cooking fruit pulp to a suitable consistency. (Nickerson 1998)
Perfectly ripe and unblemished fruits are suitable for jam production because they have the best levels of pectin and a finest flavor. Pectin is important to the jam’ set, low pectin fruit like strawberries need extra pectin (from peel of unripe lemon or pectin enriched sugar) to attain a spreadable consistency.
Composite jam i.e. combination of two or more fruits to produce jam such as mango, pawpaw, pineapple, etc improve the nutritive content of the final product and as well create food variety for breakfast menu. Although producing of composite Jam requires careful handling and good technical know how which in the long run is a beneficial and worthwhile venture.
The aim and objective of this research work is to produce four types of composite jam from combination of Pineapple, Apple, Orange and Banana at different proportion and carry out sensory evaluation to determine which of the fruit combination is most preferred as suitable composite jam by panel of judges
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ISOLATIOIN AND CHARACTERISATION OF BACTERIA ASSOCIATED WITH HAWKED SUYA- MEAT (CASE STUDY OF ENUGU).» ABSTRACT This project work is carried at the isolation and characterization of pathogenic bacteria from hawked suya meat, which were bought in full fr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. Canteen services stated way back in the 18th centaury, food and snacks are served as to the taste of the client. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF STUDY 1.0 Introduction A drilling fluid, or mud is any fluid that is used in a drilling operation in which that fluid is cir...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The demand for energy increases by the day because the population of the world continues to grow ...Continue Reading »
5. PRODUCTION AND ASSESSMENT OF ACCEPTABILITY OF CAKE FROM A BLEND OF CARROT AND WHEAT FLOUR ORIGINAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Humans have consumed bakery products for hundreds of years. Among the different bakery products i...Continue Reading »
» Chapter One Introduction 1.1 Introduction Fruits and vegetables are important sources of essential dietary nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and fi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Food packaging is just one among ways of food preservation for when food is been packaged, it is set for shipment and marketi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Starch from tigernut was isolated by wet milling process and physico chemical properties of native and modified tigernut starches (cyperus es...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF CONSUMPTION CHARACTERISTICS OF MUSHROOM AND SNAIL AMONG URBAN HOUSEHOLDS WITHIN AKURE METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT The study was conducted in Akure metropolis to evaluate the consumptions characteristics of mushroom and snails among urban households. Strat...Continue Reading »
10. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES AND MICROBIAL LOAD OF SOME SPECIES OF GASTROPODS MEAT FLOURS» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of content v List of table vi List of figure vii Abstract viii ...Continue Reading »