Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Composite jam was produced from four different tropical fruits – pineapple, apple, orange and banana at different proportion. Four difernt samples were produced with the following proportion sample A 70% pineapple and 10% of banana, apple and orange. Sample B 70% banana, 10% pineapple, apple and orange. Sample C 70% apple, 10% orange, pineapple apple and banana. Sample D 70% orange. 10% pineapple, banana and apple. The final product was subjected to sensory analysis using multiple comparism method. Sample A which comparize of 70% pineapple pulp was rated best in term of colour spreadability, and General Acceptability while sample B, C and D was rated best in term of texture, taste. However statistical analysis revealed that there is no significant different among the four sample.
Jam is a shelf-stable food product from fruit pulp, pectin and sugar cooked to form a gel. Fleshy or pulpy fruits such as pineapple, pawpaw, orange, Apple, banana and mango etc or combination of these fruits are usually employed. Good jam has a soft even consistency without distinct part of fruit, a bright colour, good fruit flavour and jam jellied texture that is easy to spread but has no free liquid. (Nickerson 1998)
Jam is a form of fruit preservation through the use of high concentration of sugar, hence jam can be classified as sugary food, and however their quality characteristics may be more easily determined from their relationship with fruit rather than with sugar. It is the product made by cooking fruit pulp to a suitable consistency. (Nickerson 1998)
Perfectly ripe and unblemished fruits are suitable for jam production because they have the best levels of pectin and a finest flavor. Pectin is important to the jam’ set, low pectin fruit like strawberries need extra pectin (from peel of unripe lemon or pectin enriched sugar) to attain a spreadable consistency.
Composite jam i.e. combination of two or more fruits to produce jam such as mango, pawpaw, pineapple, etc improve the nutritive content of the final product and as well create food variety for breakfast menu. Although producing of composite Jam requires careful handling and good technical know how which in the long run is a beneficial and worthwhile venture.
The aim and objective of this research work is to produce four types of composite jam from combination of Pineapple, Apple, Orange and Banana at different proportion and carry out sensory evaluation to determine which of the fruit combination is most preferred as suitable composite jam by panel of judges
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF GROWTH PATTERN AND NUTRITIONAL STATUS OF UNDER FIVE A CASE STUDY AT YUSUF DAN-TSOHO MEMORY HOSPITAL TUDUN-WADA KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This project is meant to be a guide for the general public to understand and know the importance of growth pattern and nutritional status of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Banana is a long curved fruit which grows in clusters and has soft pulpy flesh and yellow skin when ripe.There are about 1000...Continue Reading »
3. FOOD CONSUMPTION PATTERN, ANTHROPOMETRIC INDICES AND MICRONUTRIENT STATUS OF CHILDREN AGED 6 – 59 MONTHS IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study was undertaken to assess food consumption pattern, anthropometric and micronutrient status of children aged 6 59 months in Kaduna s...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF DIFFERENT METHOD OF STORAGE ON NUTRITIONAL QUALITIES AND SENSORY ATTRIBUTES OF MIXED CITRUS JUICE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Fruits have been a part of human diet over the years. They are also considered as food supplement...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work is aimed at examination of jollof rice served in hotels for pathogenic organisms and to find out possible pathogenic organi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Micronutrients are essential for good crop performance. There is little or no quantitative data on the content and distribution of micronutri...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF THE CHEMOPREVENTIVE EFFECT OF DIETARY INCLUSION WITH CUCURBITA MAXIMA LEAF ON N-METHYL-N-NITROSOUREA-INDUCED COLON CARCINOGENESIS IN WIS...» ABSTRACT There is growing attention on medicinal plants use as food for cancer inhibiting potential, so that chemo preventive dietary inclusion can be...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION OF SOME HEAVY METALS CONCENTRATIONS IN CHOCOLATE, CANDIES AND TOMATO PUREE IMPORTED FROM CHINA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Recently, there is an increasing concern about the quality of imported foods and food related products in ...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF PROCESSING ON FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES, NUTRIENTS COMPOSITION, GLYCEMIC INDEX AND SENSORY ATTRIBUTES OF FINGER MILLET (ELEUSINE CORACANA) FOOD ...» ABSTRACT The effect of various processing methods (roasting, germination and fermentation) on functional properties, nutrient composition, glycemic in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Suya is a form of processed stick meat consumed by people in West Africa. It is produced from boneless me...Continue Reading »