Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Composite jam was produced from four different tropical fruits – pineapple, apple, orange and banana at different proportion. Four difernt samples were produced with the following proportion sample A 70% pineapple and 10% of banana, apple and orange. Sample B 70% banana, 10% pineapple, apple and orange. Sample C 70% apple, 10% orange, pineapple apple and banana. Sample D 70% orange. 10% pineapple, banana and apple. The final product was subjected to sensory analysis using multiple comparism method. Sample A which comparize of 70% pineapple pulp was rated best in term of colour spreadability, and General Acceptability while sample B, C and D was rated best in term of texture, taste. However statistical analysis revealed that there is no significant different among the four sample.
Jam is a shelf-stable food product from fruit pulp, pectin and sugar cooked to form a gel. Fleshy or pulpy fruits such as pineapple, pawpaw, orange, Apple, banana and mango etc or combination of these fruits are usually employed. Good jam has a soft even consistency without distinct part of fruit, a bright colour, good fruit flavour and jam jellied texture that is easy to spread but has no free liquid. (Nickerson 1998)
Jam is a form of fruit preservation through the use of high concentration of sugar, hence jam can be classified as sugary food, and however their quality characteristics may be more easily determined from their relationship with fruit rather than with sugar. It is the product made by cooking fruit pulp to a suitable consistency. (Nickerson 1998)
Perfectly ripe and unblemished fruits are suitable for jam production because they have the best levels of pectin and a finest flavor. Pectin is important to the jam’ set, low pectin fruit like strawberries need extra pectin (from peel of unripe lemon or pectin enriched sugar) to attain a spreadable consistency.
Composite jam i.e. combination of two or more fruits to produce jam such as mango, pawpaw, pineapple, etc improve the nutritive content of the final product and as well create food variety for breakfast menu. Although producing of composite Jam requires careful handling and good technical know how which in the long run is a beneficial and worthwhile venture.
The aim and objective of this research work is to produce four types of composite jam from combination of Pineapple, Apple, Orange and Banana at different proportion and carry out sensory evaluation to determine which of the fruit combination is most preferred as suitable composite jam by panel of judges
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CONSUMPTION PATTERN OF ANTIOXIDANT RICH FOODS BY THE MIDDLE AGED ADULTS IN ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Background of the study Antioxidants are disease fighting compounds that nature puts in foods to help body cells and tiss...Continue Reading »
2. MICROBIAL EVALUATION OF RAW MILK FROM A DAIRY FARM (A CASE STUDY OF EMENE FULANI CATTLE RANCH FARM)» ABSTRACT Microbial evaluation of twenty samples of raw milk from a dairy farm (Emene Fulani cattle farm Enugu State). was carried out using five metho...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is an extremely versatile and delicious vegetable that possesses high nutritional value (M...Continue Reading »
4. PRODUCTION OF OGIRI FROM SOYABEAN USING MICRO ORGANISM RESPONSIBLE FOR FERMENTATION OF CASTOR BEANS SEED OGIRI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION “Ogiri” is a local condiment inform of oily paste with strong putrial and ammonial odour made from some fermentat...Continue Reading »
5. SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF NAME PROPERTIES FROM PERIWINKLE SHELL FOR BLEACHING OF PALM KERNEL OIL» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Palm kernel oil (PKO) is black viscous oil extracted from the kernel of oil palm. In its raw form...Continue Reading »
6. DIETARY MANAGEMENT OF CHILDREN WITH PROTEIN ENERGY MALNUTRITION IN 44 NIGERIA ARMY REFERENCE HOSPITAL, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project was conducted with the primary objective of knowing the dietary management of children with protein energy Malnutrition (PEB) in...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF MATERNAL NUTRITION KNOWLEDGE AND NUTRITIONAL STATUS ON PREGNANCY OUTCOME IN RURAL AND URBAN AREAS OF EBONYI STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study was to assess the effect of maternal nutrition knowledge and nutritional status on pregnancy outcome in Ebonyi...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study focused on the effect of oil spillage on soil properties and plant performance in East Senatorial district of Bayelsa state. Five r...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSMENT OF THE NUTRITIONAL STATUS OF STUDENTS IN COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY KADUNA POLYTECHNIC, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Nutritional status is a measure of the extent to which an individual’s physiological need for nutrient is met. Poor nutritional practic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Macroscopic marine algae, popularly known as seaweeds, form one of the important living resources of the ...Continue Reading »