Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is meant to be a guide for the general public to understand and know the importance of growth pattern and nutritional status of under five children in Yusuf Dantsoho Memoral hospital Tundun-Wada area of Kaduna state. the research was adopted using questionnaire method. Fifty respondents were selected using simple random sampling; the population includes breastfeeding mothers and mothers who had breastfed before. A survey research designed was used for the study with structured questionnaires as main instrument for data collection; data were computed and analyzed using simple percentage (%) for table presentation. The majority of the children were mildly over weight with 56%, followed by normal weight with 36%, moderately over weight with 4.0% and severely over weight with 2.0% respectively. Majority of the respondent height for age shows that 52% were normal followed by mildly stunted with 40%, moderately stunted with 8.0% and severely stunted 4.0%. This had revealed that most of the respondents parents were married with 68%, divorced 22%, single with 4.0% and widows 2.0%. The majority of the respondents parents had primary education with 36%, followed by post primary and tertiary 24% none educated parents with 16%. Most respondents parents were full time house wives with 34%, business with 24% civil servants with 22% students with 14% and farmers 6.0% Most of the respondents were from the low income family with 76%, medium income and high income with 12% respectively. Majority of the respondents were fed with bread and cereals products, milk and milk products as well as fruits and vegetables which are good source of iron. Majority of the respondents parents period of exclusive breastfeeding 0-3 months with 35%, 7-9 months with 26% ,4-6 months and 10 months and above had 20% each
Growth is a positive change in size or maturation, often over the period of time which occurred as a stage of maturation or a process toward fullness or fulfillment.
Growth pattern involves following changes in a child’s physical development by regular measurement of weight and sometimes length. It's a positive change in size of a growing individual, is a dynamic measure of health, the best available indicator of a nutritional status and the only real measure of nutrition adequacy. Deviations from the expected or predictable complete course of growing are not visible at earliest stage and such invisibility is a major barrier in preventing and curing health problems. Growth pattern has gained popularity in the last two to three decades and has been practiced in over EIGHTY (80) countries with perhaps the earliest report from clinic-base activities in Nigeria.
The most widely promoted method of growth pattern is weighing and charting growth, since weight gain is believed to be the most sensitive indication of growth and is universally applicable. Among other techniques, measuring of mid upper arms circumference (MAUC) is very easy and cheapest alternative to weighing and has been recommended for use at homes and village levels when ever regular and frequent weighing is not possible (UNICEF 2018). The measurement starts at birth and should be performed on a monthly basis, accurately recorded on a growth chart and interpreted.
The health workers provide services such as giving information through counseling facilitating communication and interacting with mothers in a way that aims to generate adequate maternal action to promote child growth, furthermore, adequate supervision are provided for the health workers while strong links between therapeutic feeding units are established to address moderate and acute malnutrition problems.
Nutritional status is a requirement of health of a person convinced by the diet, the levels of nutrients containing in the body and normal metabolic intergrity, managed by balance food consumption and normal utilization of nutrients.
1.1 Significant Of The Study
· The study will help to identify the major problem associating with poor growth pattern and nutritional status of under five.
· It will enable the state authority to use the health workers around the study area to create awareness on proper breastfeeding and safe complementary feeding of under five.
· It will also serve as reference to other allied students
1.1 Aims and Objectives
• To assess the growth pattern and nutritional status of the under five children at yusuf dan-tsoho memorial hospital tundun-wada Kaduna state.
• To determine the degree of wasting and stunting among under five using mid upper arms circumference (MAUC).
• To find out the growth pattern method use at yusuf dan-tsoho memorial hospital Kaduna.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF PROCESSING ON FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES, NUTRIENTS COMPOSITION, GLYCEMIC INDEX AND SENSORY ATTRIBUTES OF FINGER MILLET (ELEUSINE CORACANA) FOOD ...» ABSTRACT The effect of various processing methods (roasting, germination and fermentation) on functional properties, nutrient composition, glycemic in...Continue Reading »
2. NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, QUALITY EVALUATION AND ACCEPTABILITY OF “GARI” FORTIFIED WITH TOASTED AFRICAN YAM BEAN SEED FLOUR» ABSTRACT Fresh peeled and grated cassava mash was blended with toasted African yam bean seed flour (TAYBSF) in ratios of 95:5, 90:10, 85:15 and 80:20 ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION AND LITERATURE REVIEW Phosphorus is usually present in natural water as phosphate and is an essential element of life, ph...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Honey is as old as written history dating back to 2100 BC where it was mentioned Sumerian and Babylonian cuneiform writin...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF DIFFERENT METHOD OF STORAGE ON NUTRITIONAL QUALITIES AND SENSORY ATTRIBUTES OF MIXED CITRUS JUICE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Fruits have been a part of human diet over the years. They are also considered as food supplement...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTS Foodborne diseases remain a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the general population, particularly in vulnerable groups. These disea...Continue Reading »
7. DIETARY MANAGEMENT OF CHILDREN WITH PROTEIN ENERGY MALNUTRITION IN 44 NIGERIA ARMY REFERENCE HOSPITAL, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project was conducted with the primary objective of knowing the dietary management of children with protein energy Malnutrition (PEB) in...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Micronutrients are essential for good crop performance. There is little or no quantitative data on the content and distribution of micronutri...Continue Reading »
9. PRODUCTION AND ASSESSMENT OF ACCEPTABILITY OF CAKE FROM A BLEND OF CARROT AND WHEAT FLOUR ORIGINAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Humans have consumed bakery products for hundreds of years. Among the different bakery products i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Watermelon (Citrallus lanatus) is an important horticultural crop, mostly known for its sweet...Continue Reading »