Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is meant to be a guide for the general public to understand and know the importance of growth pattern and nutritional status of under five children in Yusuf Dantsoho Memoral hospital Tundun-Wada area of Kaduna state. the research was adopted using questionnaire method. Fifty respondents were selected using simple random sampling; the population includes breastfeeding mothers and mothers who had breastfed before. A survey research designed was used for the study with structured questionnaires as main instrument for data collection; data were computed and analyzed using simple percentage (%) for table presentation. The majority of the children were mildly over weight with 56%, followed by normal weight with 36%, moderately over weight with 4.0% and severely over weight with 2.0% respectively. Majority of the respondent height for age shows that 52% were normal followed by mildly stunted with 40%, moderately stunted with 8.0% and severely stunted 4.0%. This had revealed that most of the respondents parents were married with 68%, divorced 22%, single with 4.0% and widows 2.0%. The majority of the respondents parents had primary education with 36%, followed by post primary and tertiary 24% none educated parents with 16%. Most respondents parents were full time house wives with 34%, business with 24% civil servants with 22% students with 14% and farmers 6.0% Most of the respondents were from the low income family with 76%, medium income and high income with 12% respectively. Majority of the respondents were fed with bread and cereals products, milk and milk products as well as fruits and vegetables which are good source of iron. Majority of the respondents parents period of exclusive breastfeeding 0-3 months with 35%, 7-9 months with 26% ,4-6 months and 10 months and above had 20% each
Growth is a positive change in size or maturation, often over the period of time which occurred as a stage of maturation or a process toward fullness or fulfillment.
Growth pattern involves following changes in a child’s physical development by regular measurement of weight and sometimes length. It's a positive change in size of a growing individual, is a dynamic measure of health, the best available indicator of a nutritional status and the only real measure of nutrition adequacy. Deviations from the expected or predictable complete course of growing are not visible at earliest stage and such invisibility is a major barrier in preventing and curing health problems. Growth pattern has gained popularity in the last two to three decades and has been practiced in over EIGHTY (80) countries with perhaps the earliest report from clinic-base activities in Nigeria.
The most widely promoted method of growth pattern is weighing and charting growth, since weight gain is believed to be the most sensitive indication of growth and is universally applicable. Among other techniques, measuring of mid upper arms circumference (MAUC) is very easy and cheapest alternative to weighing and has been recommended for use at homes and village levels when ever regular and frequent weighing is not possible (UNICEF 2018). The measurement starts at birth and should be performed on a monthly basis, accurately recorded on a growth chart and interpreted.
The health workers provide services such as giving information through counseling facilitating communication and interacting with mothers in a way that aims to generate adequate maternal action to promote child growth, furthermore, adequate supervision are provided for the health workers while strong links between therapeutic feeding units are established to address moderate and acute malnutrition problems.
Nutritional status is a requirement of health of a person convinced by the diet, the levels of nutrients containing in the body and normal metabolic intergrity, managed by balance food consumption and normal utilization of nutrients.
1.1 Significant Of The Study
· The study will help to identify the major problem associating with poor growth pattern and nutritional status of under five.
· It will enable the state authority to use the health workers around the study area to create awareness on proper breastfeeding and safe complementary feeding of under five.
· It will also serve as reference to other allied students
1.1 Aims and Objectives
• To assess the growth pattern and nutritional status of the under five children at yusuf dan-tsoho memorial hospital tundun-wada Kaduna state.
• To determine the degree of wasting and stunting among under five using mid upper arms circumference (MAUC).
• To find out the growth pattern method use at yusuf dan-tsoho memorial hospital Kaduna.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF HEAVY METAL CONTAMINATION IN IRISH POTATOES AND SOILS FROM AN ABANDONED MINING SITE IN JOS-SOUTH, USING AAS AND XRF TECHNIQUES.» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to assay the elemental concentration in some Irish potatoes and soils from farmlands in an ex mining area at Dahwol...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The population of Nigeria was estimated to be about 170 million people by the end of 20133 , up f...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Starch from tigernut was isolated by wet milling process and physico chemical properties of native and modified tigernut starches (cyperus es...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Mangifera indica root is medically important species used to treat different diseases. The present work was aimed to screen the medicinal pla...Continue Reading »
» Chapter One Introduction 1.1 Introduction Fruits and vegetables are important sources of essential dietary nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and fi...Continue Reading »
6. FOOD CONSUMPTION PATTERN, ANTHROPOMETRIC INDICES AND MICRONUTRIENT STATUS OF CHILDREN AGED 6 – 59 MONTHS IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study was undertaken to assess food consumption pattern, anthropometric and micronutrient status of children aged 6 59 months in Kaduna s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 ORIGIN, HISTORY OF CULTIVAT OF BANA (Musa nagensium). Edible Musa spp. Originated in south eastern Asia from the India east an...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Water – yam flour was enriched with ingredients such as onions, crayfish, pepper, salt and Maggi seasoning which will in turn be mixed with...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Hospitality industry is one of the business entities that budgeting must be functional and active. The method of it application or execution ...Continue Reading »
10. PRODUCTION OF OGIRI FROM SOYABEAN USING MICRO ORGANISM RESPONSIBLE FOR FERMENTATION OF CASTOR BEANS SEED OGIRI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION “Ogiri” is a local condiment inform of oily paste with strong putrial and ammonial odour made from some fermentat...Continue Reading »