Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was carried out to produce biscuit. spiced with ginger garlic, turmeric, cinnamon. Biscuit is hard, crisp and dried and baked product from flour. The study carried out the production of biscuit spiced with four different spices which have nutrition and health benefit. Five sample were produced with sample A (Biscuit without spice), Sample B (Biscuit spiced with ginger), Sample C (Biscuit spiced with Garlic), Sample D (Biscuit spiced with turmeric), Sample E (Biscuit spiced with Cinnamon). The production process includes sieving, weighing, separation, mixing, kneading, rolling, shaping, cutting and baking at a temperature of 1800C for forty minute. The final product was then subjected to sensory evaluation with a group of ten panelists. The result showed that sample A ranked the highest in terms of taste, texture and overall acceptability and sample C ranked the highest in terms of colour.
Urbanization is changing the food habits and preferences of the populace towards convenient foods which influence their nutritional intake. Most of the snacks consumed are high in carbohydrate ranging from biscuits, confectionary snacks etc.
A biscuit is any of various hard or crisp dry baked product similar to the American English terms cracker or cookie, or a small quick bread made from dough that has been rolled out and a dropped from a spoon. The word biscuit is derived from the latin word biscotus meaning twice baked. (Cookery, 2015)
Spices are plant matter usually dried used to season or flavor food. Spices are used to make a food product appealing and interesting. Spices consists of various plant matter, ginger, garlic, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and many more. Spices are either freshly used or used in its dry and processes form.
Spices are important to human in terms of treating skin problems, weight loss, relieves indigestion, lower, cholesterol level, regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, it also helps to fight flu and common cold.
Ginger: Ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or ginger is widely used as a spice and folk medicine (Sutarno, 2015). Ginger helps in lowering blood pressure and lowers blood sugar.
Garlic: Garlic is used as a spice or medicine. It helps to detoxify heavy metals in the body, improve bone health, help prevent dementia, it also helps in improving cholesterol level which lowers the risk of heart disease (Eric, 2016).
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavouring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savoury dishes breakfast cereals, snack foods, tea and traditional foods (Mohamed 2013).
Cinnamon is highly in antioxidants that reduce free radical damage and slow the ageing process. Cinnamon also has an anti-ageing process. Cinnamon also has an antidiabetic effect on humans which is why it is considered as one of the best food for diabetes patient.
Condiment and flavouring material cinnamon is often used in savouring dishes.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Varieties of biscuits are largely produced all around the world everyday but some of these biscuit are not acceptable by the public or masses, either health wise due to the addition of strong additives, preservatives, and other artificial flavours which may not be accepted by the human body system or due to its level of amount of purchase which makes it difficult for the poor masses to purchase. Most biscuits when consumed by certain group of individuals make them fall into an unhealthy state due to the use of strong additives, chemicals or even some ingredients which may be excessively added during production. Even when these biscuit are produced some of the masses find it difficult to purchase due to the prices imposed on them, and this affects the masses.
Biscuits for, certain patients like diabetic patients are produced daily but the financially unstable masses with this ailment can’t purchase these special biscuits due to the cost of the biscuits. Based on research and findings only the masses which are financially stable get to purchase biscuits with high nutritional benefits. While the unstable financial masses purchase biscuits with low or no nutritional benefits.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The end product of these projects has been discovered to be able to provide nutritional benefits at and also making it very affordable for both the financially unstable and stable masses and also provide the nutritional benefits needed.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of these studies is to make biscuits readily available for the financially unstable masses and to provide a wide range of health benefits which are;
i. Overcoming hunger pangs between meals.
ii. Provide health benefits such as dietary fiber, essential vitamin and minerals and also whole grain benefits.
iii. Also help to alleviate nausea.
iv. May help address deficiencies in children and adults.
To produce biscuit using local spices
1. The produce biscuits from local spices (cinnamon, garlic, ginger, turmeric)
2. To carry out sensory evaluation on the biscuits produced from the local species
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE CHEMOPREVENTIVE EFFECT OF DIETARY INCLUSION WITH CUCURBITA MAXIMA LEAF ON N-METHYL-N-NITROSOUREA-INDUCED COLON CARCINOGENESIS IN WIS...» ABSTRACT There is growing attention on medicinal plants use as food for cancer inhibiting potential, so that chemo preventive dietary inclusion can be...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The proximate composition and analysis of cucumber and spinach leaves was to assess the nutritional value of cucumber and spinach leaves by a...Continue Reading »
3. DIETARY MANAGEMENT OF CHILDREN WITH PROTEIN ENERGY MALNUTRITION IN 44 NIGERIA ARMY REFERENCE HOSPITAL, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project was conducted with the primary objective of knowing the dietary management of children with protein energy Malnutrition (PEB) in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION Nutrition is the sum total of the processes involved in the intake and utilization of food substan...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF MATERNAL NUTRITION KNOWLEDGE AND NUTRITIONAL STATUS ON PREGNANCY OUTCOME IN RURAL AND URBAN AREAS OF EBONYI STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study was to assess the effect of maternal nutrition knowledge and nutritional status on pregnancy outcome in Ebonyi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Honey is as old as written history dating back to 2100 BC where it was mentioned Sumerian and Babylonian cuneiform writin...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF OKARA AND Detarium microcarpum INCORPORATION ON THE QUALITY OF ‘TALIA’ PRODUCED FROM WHEAT AND SORGHUM FLOUR BLENDS» ABSTRACT The effect of Okara and Detarium microcarpum seed flours on the quality of talia noddles produced from wheat and sorghum flour composites was...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Bread is a staple food prepared from a dough of flour and water usually by baking. It is a good source of good nutrient such ...Continue Reading »
9. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES AND MICROBIAL LOAD OF SOME SPECIES OF GASTROPODS MEAT FLOURS» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of content v List of table vi List of figure vii Abstract viii ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work is aimed at examination of jollof rice served in hotels for pathogenic organisms and to find out possible pathogenic organi...Continue Reading »