Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was carried out to produce biscuit. spiced with ginger garlic, turmeric, cinnamon. Biscuit is hard, crisp and dried and baked product from flour. The study carried out the production of biscuit spiced with four different spices which have nutrition and health benefit. Five sample were produced with sample A (Biscuit without spice), Sample B (Biscuit spiced with ginger), Sample C (Biscuit spiced with Garlic), Sample D (Biscuit spiced with turmeric), Sample E (Biscuit spiced with Cinnamon). The production process includes sieving, weighing, separation, mixing, kneading, rolling, shaping, cutting and baking at a temperature of 1800C for forty minute. The final product was then subjected to sensory evaluation with a group of ten panelists. The result showed that sample A ranked the highest in terms of taste, texture and overall acceptability and sample C ranked the highest in terms of colour.
Urbanization is changing the food habits and preferences of the populace towards convenient foods which influence their nutritional intake. Most of the snacks consumed are high in carbohydrate ranging from biscuits, confectionary snacks etc.
A biscuit is any of various hard or crisp dry baked product similar to the American English terms cracker or cookie, or a small quick bread made from dough that has been rolled out and a dropped from a spoon. The word biscuit is derived from the latin word biscotus meaning twice baked. (Cookery, 2015)
Spices are plant matter usually dried used to season or flavor food. Spices are used to make a food product appealing and interesting. Spices consists of various plant matter, ginger, garlic, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and many more. Spices are either freshly used or used in its dry and processes form.
Spices are important to human in terms of treating skin problems, weight loss, relieves indigestion, lower, cholesterol level, regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, it also helps to fight flu and common cold.
Ginger: Ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or ginger is widely used as a spice and folk medicine (Sutarno, 2015). Ginger helps in lowering blood pressure and lowers blood sugar.
Garlic: Garlic is used as a spice or medicine. It helps to detoxify heavy metals in the body, improve bone health, help prevent dementia, it also helps in improving cholesterol level which lowers the risk of heart disease (Eric, 2016).
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavouring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savoury dishes breakfast cereals, snack foods, tea and traditional foods (Mohamed 2013).
Cinnamon is highly in antioxidants that reduce free radical damage and slow the ageing process. Cinnamon also has an anti-ageing process. Cinnamon also has an antidiabetic effect on humans which is why it is considered as one of the best food for diabetes patient.
Condiment and flavouring material cinnamon is often used in savouring dishes.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Varieties of biscuits are largely produced all around the world everyday but some of these biscuit are not acceptable by the public or masses, either health wise due to the addition of strong additives, preservatives, and other artificial flavours which may not be accepted by the human body system or due to its level of amount of purchase which makes it difficult for the poor masses to purchase. Most biscuits when consumed by certain group of individuals make them fall into an unhealthy state due to the use of strong additives, chemicals or even some ingredients which may be excessively added during production. Even when these biscuit are produced some of the masses find it difficult to purchase due to the prices imposed on them, and this affects the masses.
Biscuits for, certain patients like diabetic patients are produced daily but the financially unstable masses with this ailment can’t purchase these special biscuits due to the cost of the biscuits. Based on research and findings only the masses which are financially stable get to purchase biscuits with high nutritional benefits. While the unstable financial masses purchase biscuits with low or no nutritional benefits.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The end product of these projects has been discovered to be able to provide nutritional benefits at and also making it very affordable for both the financially unstable and stable masses and also provide the nutritional benefits needed.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of these studies is to make biscuits readily available for the financially unstable masses and to provide a wide range of health benefits which are;
i. Overcoming hunger pangs between meals.
ii. Provide health benefits such as dietary fiber, essential vitamin and minerals and also whole grain benefits.
iii. Also help to alleviate nausea.
iv. May help address deficiencies in children and adults.
To produce biscuit using local spices
1. The produce biscuits from local spices (cinnamon, garlic, ginger, turmeric)
2. To carry out sensory evaluation on the biscuits produced from the local species
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval Page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi List of tables Abstract viii CHA...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF MATERIAL QUALITY CONTROL ON PRODUCTION QUALITY OF SOFT DRINK IN 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY KADUNA» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Generally business organizations are being establish purposely in order to make profit and the suc...Continue Reading »
3. ISOLATIOIN AND CHARACTERISATION OF BACTERIA ASSOCIATED WITH HAWKED SUYA- MEAT (CASE STUDY OF ENUGU).» ABSTRACT This project work is carried at the isolation and characterization of pathogenic bacteria from hawked suya meat, which were bought in full fr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUNG OF STUDY Coagulation Flocculation is an important process in water and wastewater treatment used for the removal o...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF SPICES EXTRACT GINGER, EXTRACT GARLIC AND SALT CONCENTRATION ON THE MICROBIAL LOAD OF LOCUST BEAN SEEDS (Parkia biglobosa)» ABSTRACT Effect of spices (garlic and ginger extract) and salt concentration on the microbial load associated with process ‘Iru’ (Pakia bi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF STUDY 1.0 Introduction A drilling fluid, or mud is any fluid that is used in a drilling operation in which that fluid is cir...Continue Reading »
7. CHEMICAL COMPOSITION, SHELF- LIFE AND ORGANOLEPTIC EVALUATION OF COMPLEMENTARY FOODS BASED ON ACHA (Digitaria exilis), BENNE SEED (Sesamum indicum) AN...» ABSTRACT ) The study evaluated the chemical composition, nutrient adequacy, shelf life and organoleptic properties of complementary mixes based on &ld...Continue Reading »
8. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES AND MICROBIAL LOAD OF SOME SPECIES OF GASTROPODS MEAT FLOURS» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of content v List of table vi List of figure vii Abstract viii ...Continue Reading »
9. THE PREVALENCE OF GESTATIONAL DIABETICS AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN ATTENDING (Y.D.M.H) YUSUF DAN-TSOHO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL TUDUN WADA, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This project was aimed at assessing the prevalence of Gestational diabetes among pregnant women attending Yusuf Dantsoho Memorial Hospital Tu...Continue Reading »
10. AWARENESS OF GOOD NUTRITION DURING PREGNANCY AMONG WOMEN OF CHILD BEARING AGE IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This research work was designed to examine the awareness of good nutrition during pregnancy among women of child bearing age. Six (6) researc...Continue Reading »