Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 35 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page - - - - - - - - - i
Certification - - - - - - - - - ii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - iii
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - iv
Table of Contents - - - - - - - - v
1.0 Introduction - - - - - - - - 1
2.0 Origin of Pineapple - - - - - - - 3
2.1 Botanical Description - - - - - - - 6
2.2 Harvesting and Post-Production Operations - - - - 11
2.3 Nutritional Contents of Pineapples - - - - - 14
2.4 Health Benefits of Pineapple- - - - - - 15
2.5 Microbial Spoilage of Pineapple - - - - - 17
3.0 Medicinal Uses - - - - - - - 19
3.1 Industrial Uses - - - - - - - 20
3.2 Animal Feed - - - - - - - - 23
3.3 Social and Economic Importance of Pineapple - - - 24
4.0 Summary - - - - - - - - 26
4.1 Recommendation - - - - - - - 27
4.2 Conclusion - - - - - - - 28
References - - - - - - - 29
HEALTH BENEFITS AND INDUSTRIAL USES OF PINEAPPLE
BEN, VICTORIA EFFIONG
THE DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES
AKWA IBOM STATE POLYTECHNIC
IKOT OSURUA, IKOT EKPENE
Pineapples are one of the most popular tropical fruits in the world, the important food which can be eaten fresh or in a processed form. It is composed of nutrients which are good for human health. Due to researchers carried out on the relationship between nutrients in pineapple and human health (Akinmusire, 2011) pineapple plays a vital role in human health due to its high nutrient composition as well as its numerous health benefits for the proper functioning of the body. The fruit is investigated on edible portion to contain nutrient such as carbohydrates sugars, vitamins A, C and carotene, beta. It contains low amounts of protein, fat, ash and fiber; Pineapples also contain antioxidants such as flavonoids, vitamin A and C (Tochi et al., 2008). Thus, these antioxidants reduce the oxidative damage such as that caused by free radicals and chelating metals. It also has the enzyme complex protease (bromelain). Bromelain contains peroxidase, acid phosphate, several protease inhibitors and organically bound calcium (Tochi et al., 2008).
Pineapples are widely recognized for their mineral and vitamin contents and high nutritive value which offers great taste and health benefits (Suaads and Eman, 2008). They also improve blood lipid profiles in people affected by hyper-cholesterolemia and enhance consumer’s health through inhibition of breast cancer, congestive heart failure (CHF), and urinary tract infection (Kurowka et al., 2000).
In addition to consumption, pineapple leaves are used to produce the textile fiber pina in the Philippines, commonly used as the material for men’s Barong Tagalog and women’s Baro’t saya formal wear in the century. The fiber is also used as a component for wallpaper and other furnishings. Pineapples are found in a wide array of cuisines. In addition to consumption, the plant are classified as a versatile, due to its multiple uses, the fruits which is cultivated predominantly for consumption either fresh or in a processed formed (Akinmusire, 2011) the stems and leaves serves as source fiber as well as a meat tenderizing agent. Parts of the plant are used for silage and hay for cattle feed. The plant has a short stocky stem and tough, waxy leaves, when creating its fruits produces up to 200 flowers or more than depending on cultivars (SARH, 1994). The fruit of pineapple is arranged in two interlocking helices, eight in one direction, thirteen in the other each being a fibonacci number (Jones et al., 2006). The fruit is a good source of dietary supplement, and known to be a rich source of vitamins, minerals, protein, fats, dietary fiber and other important nutrient that may lower the risk of cancer, heart disease and other chronic disease (Kurowska et al., 2000).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE LEVEL OF NUTRITIONAL KNOWLEDGE/AWARENESS AMONG WOMEN IN SHIRORO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nutrition is all the process used by the adult or child to take in food and digest, absorb, transport, utilize and excret...Continue Reading »
2. DIETARY MANAGEMENT OF CHILDREN WITH PROTEIN ENERGY MALNUTRITION IN 44 NIGERIA ARMY REFERENCE HOSPITAL, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project was conducted with the primary objective of knowing the dietary management of children with protein energy Malnutrition (PEB) in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Fresh fish rapidly deteriorates unless some way can be found to preserve it. Drying is a method o...Continue Reading »
4. PROFITABILITY AND TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY ANALYSIS OF RICE PRODUCTION IN ESAN CENTRAL AND NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This research was designed to access the Profitability and Technical Efficiency Analysis of Rice Production in Esan Central and North East Lo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION AND LITERATURE REVIEW Phosphorus is usually present in natural water as phosphate and is an essential element of life, ph...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Stabilized yoghurt samples were produced by reconstituting powdered milk in water along with sugar and 0, 0.5 and 1.0 % concentrations of car...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Water – yam flour was enriched with ingredients such as onions, crayfish, pepper, salt and Maggi seasoning which will in turn be mixed with...Continue Reading »
8. ISOLATIOIN AND CHARACTERISATION OF BACTERIA ASSOCIATED WITH HAWKED SUYA- MEAT (CASE STUDY OF ENUGU).» ABSTRACT This project work is carried at the isolation and characterization of pathogenic bacteria from hawked suya meat, which were bought in full fr...Continue Reading »
» Chapter One Introduction 1.1 Introduction Fruits and vegetables are important sources of essential dietary nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and fi...Continue Reading »
10. PRODUCTION AND ASSESSMENT OF ACCEPTABILITY OF CAKE FROM A BLEND OF CARROT AND WHEAT FLOUR ORIGINAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Humans have consumed bakery products for hundreds of years. Among the different bakery products i...Continue Reading »