Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 35 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page - - - - - - - - - i
Certification - - - - - - - - - ii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - iii
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - iv
Table of Contents - - - - - - - - v
1.0 Introduction - - - - - - - - 1
2.0 Origin of Pineapple - - - - - - - 3
2.1 Botanical Description - - - - - - - 6
2.2 Harvesting and Post-Production Operations - - - - 11
2.3 Nutritional Contents of Pineapples - - - - - 14
2.4 Health Benefits of Pineapple- - - - - - 15
2.5 Microbial Spoilage of Pineapple - - - - - 17
3.0 Medicinal Uses - - - - - - - 19
3.1 Industrial Uses - - - - - - - 20
3.2 Animal Feed - - - - - - - - 23
3.3 Social and Economic Importance of Pineapple - - - 24
4.0 Summary - - - - - - - - 26
4.1 Recommendation - - - - - - - 27
4.2 Conclusion - - - - - - - 28
References - - - - - - - 29
HEALTH BENEFITS AND INDUSTRIAL USES OF PINEAPPLE
BEN, VICTORIA EFFIONG
THE DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES
AKWA IBOM STATE POLYTECHNIC
IKOT OSURUA, IKOT EKPENE
Pineapples are one of the most popular tropical fruits in the world, the important food which can be eaten fresh or in a processed form. It is composed of nutrients which are good for human health. Due to researchers carried out on the relationship between nutrients in pineapple and human health (Akinmusire, 2011) pineapple plays a vital role in human health due to its high nutrient composition as well as its numerous health benefits for the proper functioning of the body. The fruit is investigated on edible portion to contain nutrient such as carbohydrates sugars, vitamins A, C and carotene, beta. It contains low amounts of protein, fat, ash and fiber; Pineapples also contain antioxidants such as flavonoids, vitamin A and C (Tochi et al., 2008). Thus, these antioxidants reduce the oxidative damage such as that caused by free radicals and chelating metals. It also has the enzyme complex protease (bromelain). Bromelain contains peroxidase, acid phosphate, several protease inhibitors and organically bound calcium (Tochi et al., 2008).
Pineapples are widely recognized for their mineral and vitamin contents and high nutritive value which offers great taste and health benefits (Suaads and Eman, 2008). They also improve blood lipid profiles in people affected by hyper-cholesterolemia and enhance consumer’s health through inhibition of breast cancer, congestive heart failure (CHF), and urinary tract infection (Kurowka et al., 2000).
In addition to consumption, pineapple leaves are used to produce the textile fiber pina in the Philippines, commonly used as the material for men’s Barong Tagalog and women’s Baro’t saya formal wear in the century. The fiber is also used as a component for wallpaper and other furnishings. Pineapples are found in a wide array of cuisines. In addition to consumption, the plant are classified as a versatile, due to its multiple uses, the fruits which is cultivated predominantly for consumption either fresh or in a processed formed (Akinmusire, 2011) the stems and leaves serves as source fiber as well as a meat tenderizing agent. Parts of the plant are used for silage and hay for cattle feed. The plant has a short stocky stem and tough, waxy leaves, when creating its fruits produces up to 200 flowers or more than depending on cultivars (SARH, 1994). The fruit of pineapple is arranged in two interlocking helices, eight in one direction, thirteen in the other each being a fibonacci number (Jones et al., 2006). The fruit is a good source of dietary supplement, and known to be a rich source of vitamins, minerals, protein, fats, dietary fiber and other important nutrient that may lower the risk of cancer, heart disease and other chronic disease (Kurowska et al., 2000).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study examined the problems and prospects of oil palm cultivation using Nifor as a case study. In the process of the research questionna...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Recently, a number of food borne illnesses occurred worldwide have aroused the concern and anxiet...Continue Reading »
3. NUTRITIONAL, MICROBIOLOGICAL AND SENSORY EVALUATION OF DIFFERENT BRANDS OF YOGHURT IN UYO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT Yoghurt is a fermented dairy product which is consumed as a dessert, snack or as a probiotic food drink and has been one of the dairy product...Continue Reading »
4. ISOLATIOIN AND CHARACTERISATION OF BACTERIA ASSOCIATED WITH HAWKED SUYA- MEAT (CASE STUDY OF ENUGU).» ABSTRACT This project work is carried at the isolation and characterization of pathogenic bacteria from hawked suya meat, which were bought in full fr...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF THE CHEMOPREVENTIVE EFFECT OF DIETARY INCLUSION WITH CUCURBITA MAXIMA LEAF ON N-METHYL-N-NITROSOUREA-INDUCED COLON CARCINOGENESIS IN WIS...» ABSTRACT There is growing attention on medicinal plants use as food for cancer inhibiting potential, so that chemo preventive dietary inclusion can be...Continue Reading »
6. CHEMICAL COMPOSITION, SHELF- LIFE AND ORGANOLEPTIC EVALUATION OF COMPLEMENTARY FOODS BASED ON ACHA (Digitaria exilis), BENNE SEED (Sesamum indicum) AN...» ABSTRACT ) The study evaluated the chemical composition, nutrient adequacy, shelf life and organoleptic properties of complementary mixes based on &ld...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUNG OF STUDY Coagulation Flocculation is an important process in water and wastewater treatment used for the removal o...Continue Reading »
8. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES AND MICROBIAL LOAD OF SOME SPECIES OF GASTROPODS MEAT FLOURS» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of content v List of table vi List of figure vii Abstract viii ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Watermelon (Citrallus lanatus) is an important horticultural crop, mostly known for its sweet...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. Canteen services stated way back in the 18th centaury, food and snacks are served as to the taste of the client. ...Continue Reading »