Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examined the problems and prospects of oil palm cultivation using Nifor as a case study. In the process of the research questionnaires were administered to farmers and workers, so as to enable the researcher collect the required data which were selected and analyzed using simple percentage. The findings of the study revealed that problems facing oil palm production include lack of adequate land space, inadequate storage facilities which result in low production of oil palm, inadequate finance etc while those of its prospect include that the cultivation of oil palm is an inevitable means of shifting the nations dependence on oil sectors as the main stay of the nations economy, a means of encouraging rural agriculture since southern Nigeria with particular reference to Nifor is fertile for oil palm production and as a means of discouraging urban drift. Recommendations were given thereby encouraging the setting up of small scale industries in the rural areas were oil palm is produced as a means of reducing unemployment and encouraging rural development.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The oil palm originated in tropical West Africa where it is found growing in any areas the centres of production of oil palms stretches from Senegal, through Dahondy and Nigeria to Congo and Angola. Nigeria is one of the worlds loading producer of palm oil and palm kernels palm produce was the main commodity which attracted the early European traders to west African those traders save the oil rivers to the Nigeria delta area where they traded the use of oil palm and it products are many the leaves are used for making brooms and for roofing materials the back and the front is paled and weaving into baskets, the main trunk can be split and used as supporting frames in buildings a sap tapped from the female flower is drunk as palm wine a rich source of year red palm oil can be extra from the fibrous layers of the nuts of the fruit bunch this is locally used in the manufacture of candles, margarine, and soap a clear oil from the kernels is used for making pomades palm kernel meats is used as a menial food the empty fruit bunch, the shell and fortress which remain after oil extraction are used as fondle many plantation of oil palm have been establish in west African, but most palm produced is obtained from palms growing wild.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Edo state is one of the major oil producing area in Nigeria recently some other ones have sprang up and Edo state is noted as the largest producers of palm oil and kernels in Nigeria yet there is storage of palm oil and kernels in Nigeria not to talk of export the yield of palm kernels for export which used to add to the nations revenue as falling. It is therefore they concerned of these study to identify the reasons of problems responsible for the falling level of oil palm producing in the area of study and also to render useful subjections.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are
1. To identify and examine the problems of oil palm production in Edo state.
2. To find out solutions to some of those problem.
3. To make recommendation for improve or better oil palm production in Edo state.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is focused on the oil palm production problems and prospects in Edo state specifically Nigeria institute for oil palm research in Benin city for the purpose of the research, oil palm production will be among small scale farms will be used as a case study in the light of the above information gathering will be limited to communities in NIFOR.
1.5 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The importance of oil production to the society cannot be over emphasized therefore this research work is designed to find out the problem facing the improvement of oil palm production, problem and prospect in NIFOR (Edo state).
1. It is hoped that the results of the research will be of use in the improvement of oil palm production.
2. Besides, the study will help agricultural policy planners in the under standing of the problems of oil palm production and how to solve them.
The hypothesis of this study are formulated are
1. Inadequate storage facilities result in low cultivation of oil palm in Nigeria
2. Attack by pest and disease lead to decline in oil production.
3. Inadequate land space affect the production of oil palm farmers who produce oil palm are called with the problems of advise from the extension workers.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
There is the need to print out that there are some limitations which hinder the generalization of the findings of the study one of such limitations in the small sample size which was deliberately chosen because of the time factor and resource constraints.
Another reason was sea out some areas of Edo state could not be covered due to the level of land of some local governments another problem was that the researcher was faced with the problem of finance. The present economic situation of the nation has resulted in the sharp increase in the prince of goods and devices needed to support the research survey and is subjected to the resources available to researcher.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUNG OF STUDY Coagulation Flocculation is an important process in water and wastewater treatment used for the removal o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION AND LITERATURE REVIEW Phosphorus is usually present in natural water as phosphate and is an essential element of life, ph...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is an extremely versatile and delicious vegetable that possesses high nutritional value (M...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY The African oil palm is native to tropical Africa, from Sierra Leone in the west through the Democratic Re...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF GROWTH PATTERN AND NUTRITIONAL STATUS OF UNDER FIVE A CASE STUDY AT YUSUF DAN-TSOHO MEMORY HOSPITAL TUDUN-WADA KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This project is meant to be a guide for the general public to understand and know the importance of growth pattern and nutritional status of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Food packaging is just one among ways of food preservation for when food is been packaged, it is set for shipment and marketi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTS Foodborne diseases remain a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the general population, particularly in vulnerable groups. These disea...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Micronutrients are essential for good crop performance. There is little or no quantitative data on the content and distribution of micronutri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Food safety and quality is a global topic of public concern. Salmonella is a Gram negative bacteria, ...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF FERMENTATION ON NUTRITIONAL QUALITIES OF FORMULATED CEREAL/LEGUME FORTIFIED WEANING FOODS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The first year of life is crucial in laying the foundation of good health and improving the quality of life of children. ...Continue Reading »