Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 23 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦2,000
The project is aimed at constructing a frequency to voltage transducer circuit. The method of constructing this circuit is first simulated on a computer system using the livewire application, before permanently soldering the components to a Vero board. The results obtained after testing the circuit was satisfactory as on each of the input frequency and output voltage corresponding to the results from the simulation was obtained.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A device that converts frequency into voltage is known as a frequency to voltage converter. It is an electronics device that converts the sinusoidal input frequency into a proportional current or output voltage. The basic circuit includes operational amplifier and RC (Resistor capacitor network). The operational amplifiers are used for signal processing.
Frequency to voltage converter can receive AC and DC voltages, frequency and pulses, and other specialized wave forms such as timer’s, relays, tachometer, encoders, and switches.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In the past, measuring frequency directly and converting it into voltage has not been easy, because to get the number of oscillation of a wave per second is always very difficult. This is why the construction of this frequency to voltage converter is very essential because it helps give the direct measurement and conversion of input frequency into output voltage.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project work is to construct a circuit that convert frequency directly into voltage.
The purpose of this study is to,
i. To construct a frequency to voltage converter using LM555 timer.
ii. To construct a circuit that can be use also in digital tachometer.
iii. To also construct a circuit which can be used, to measure the rate of rotation of a car by displaying the rate of rotation in form of voltage
iv. To construct a circuit which can be used in laboratories, factories and field environment to provide direct frequency measurement of devices.
In the cause of carrying out this project research work, various sources have been contacted and important and useful guides and directive was gotten for the completion of this project work. Starting from the power unit which was properly organized and coordinated for efficient performance.
Fig. 1.1 Block Diagram of Frequency to Voltage Converter
The operational process is outline below.
i. The circuit must be powered by the 12V DC power pack.
ii. A frequency generator is needed for inputting the frequency into the circuit with the common from the frequency generator connected to the ground of the circuit.
iii. A multi meter is needed to take the values of the input frequency from 0- 100Hz input frequency and also from 100- 50 KHz.
1.5 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
In carrying out this frequency to voltage converter (FVC). The following are the limitations:
1. Its output voltage of 09.2 V only tally’s with its input frequency of 10Hz
2. The circuit converts only the maximum of 10KHz with the output voltage 19.5V
3. The circuit must be powered by an external power circuitry embedded in it before conversion can take place.
1.6 REPORT OUTLINE
The remaining parts of the project write-up as follows:
Chapter two will present literature review. Chapter three discusses the construction and principle of operation of the converter. Chapter four will present testing and results. Chapter five will present the general conclusion and recommendation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThe design of this 30 volt Audio Amplifier with volume, table and bass control which was done wit ht he combination of five (5) different circ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 112 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Constant Electricity Power supply is the hallmark of National development with electric emerg...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 334 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
3. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT AN INTELLIGENT TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM USING SENSORS AND A MICROCONTROLLER» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Traffic control systems include signs, light and other devices that communicate with specific direction, warning, or requ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 395 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION In Nigeria and some other parts of the world today, the electricity power supply to consumers (at homes and industries) are n...Continue Reading »
30 pages | 69 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
5. SKILLS IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF TEACHERS IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORKS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 554 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
6. APPLICATION OF ARTIFICAIL NEURAL NETWORK FOR ENHANCED POWER SYSTEMS PROTECTION ON THE NIGERIAN 330kV NETWORK» AbstractThis work investigates an improved protection solution based on the use of artificial neural network on the 330kV Nigerian Network modelled us...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 526 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
7. THE POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND PSYCHOSOCIAL DISORDER, USING TANURE OJAIDE’S THE ACTIVIST AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROW OF RAIN» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria’s political problems sprang from the carefree manner in which the British took over, administered, and aban...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 302 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT`To improve the overall efficiency of the power system, the performance of transmission system must be improved. Some of the vital ways of ach...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 533 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT A thermosyphon solar water heating system which captures and utilises the abundant solar energy to provide domestic hot water was designed, s...Continue Reading »
117 pages | 457 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT The project is based on Construction of microcontroller vehicle speed alarm system which automatically warns the driver by activating a panic...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 1,100 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING