Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 23 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦2,000
The project is aimed at constructing a frequency to voltage transducer circuit. The method of constructing this circuit is first simulated on a computer system using the livewire application, before permanently soldering the components to a Vero board. The results obtained after testing the circuit was satisfactory as on each of the input frequency and output voltage corresponding to the results from the simulation was obtained.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A device that converts frequency into voltage is known as a frequency to voltage converter. It is an electronics device that converts the sinusoidal input frequency into a proportional current or output voltage. The basic circuit includes operational amplifier and RC (Resistor capacitor network). The operational amplifiers are used for signal processing.
Frequency to voltage converter can receive AC and DC voltages, frequency and pulses, and other specialized wave forms such as timer’s, relays, tachometer, encoders, and switches.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In the past, measuring frequency directly and converting it into voltage has not been easy, because to get the number of oscillation of a wave per second is always very difficult. This is why the construction of this frequency to voltage converter is very essential because it helps give the direct measurement and conversion of input frequency into output voltage.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project work is to construct a circuit that convert frequency directly into voltage.
The purpose of this study is to,
i. To construct a frequency to voltage converter using LM555 timer.
ii. To construct a circuit that can be use also in digital tachometer.
iii. To also construct a circuit which can be used, to measure the rate of rotation of a car by displaying the rate of rotation in form of voltage
iv. To construct a circuit which can be used in laboratories, factories and field environment to provide direct frequency measurement of devices.
In the cause of carrying out this project research work, various sources have been contacted and important and useful guides and directive was gotten for the completion of this project work. Starting from the power unit which was properly organized and coordinated for efficient performance.
Fig. 1.1 Block Diagram of Frequency to Voltage Converter
The operational process is outline below.
i. The circuit must be powered by the 12V DC power pack.
ii. A frequency generator is needed for inputting the frequency into the circuit with the common from the frequency generator connected to the ground of the circuit.
iii. A multi meter is needed to take the values of the input frequency from 0- 100Hz input frequency and also from 100- 50 KHz.
1.5 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
In carrying out this frequency to voltage converter (FVC). The following are the limitations:
1. Its output voltage of 09.2 V only tally’s with its input frequency of 10Hz
2. The circuit converts only the maximum of 10KHz with the output voltage 19.5V
3. The circuit must be powered by an external power circuitry embedded in it before conversion can take place.
1.6 REPORT OUTLINE
The remaining parts of the project write-up as follows:
Chapter two will present literature review. Chapter three discusses the construction and principle of operation of the converter. Chapter four will present testing and results. Chapter five will present the general conclusion and recommendation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This thesis has to do with the transfer of medical records taken remotely to a doctor via GSM wireless communication link. Specifically it ma...Continue Reading »
2. TO HARNESS THE ABUNDANT AND FREE SOLAR ENERGY DURING THE DAY TIME AND CONVERT IT TO ELECTRICAL ENERGY THAT WILL BE USED TO POWER SOME COMPONENTS OF AN...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A solar cell is an electronic device that converts the sunlight energy directly into electric energy without any f...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The (PHCH) Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc, effort to provide us with a regular power supply has not yet been achieved. And it is becaus...Continue Reading »
4. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF DYNAMIC PRIORITY CALL ADMISSION CONTROL ALGORITHM FOR WCDMA BASED 3G NETWORKS» ABSTRACTThe wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) based 3G cellular mobile wireless networks is expected to provide diverse range of multimed...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project topic, Teleconference System, is one of the state of the art invention and need of many organizations for purpose of reducing co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this project works is to Design and Construct a Microcontroller Based Liquefied Petroleum Gas leakage Detector system using GSM Mo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND Human to human communication is an essential part of our every day activities. Advances in com...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN OF AN EQUIPMENT THAT CAN FACILITATE A CONVENIENT AND EASY WAY OF CONTROLLING OUR DOMESTIC APPLIANCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT The need for a remote control alert system that can control domestic appliances and various lighting...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project shows the construction of a microcontroller based security door using smart card. It is aimed towards programming the microcontr...Continue Reading »
10. A SURVEY OF FACTORS AFFECTING ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC TRADE STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE (NTC) EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COL...» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITLE PAGE i CERTIFICATION ii APPROVAL PAGE iii DEDICATION iv ACKNOWLEDGEMENT v TABLE OF CONTENTS vi LIST OF TABLES ix LIST OF APPEN...Continue Reading »