Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 17 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF REPORT
Motion detector is a two jointed word which are simply motion and detector, all these pairs of words have their respective meanings motion is the movement of part of the human body or continual change in physical position of anything.
Detector any electronic device used in detecting any object by means of sound or light signal.
Motion detector is an electronic sensitive device that send protective signal (either human being or object) to keep awareness to the people against instruments.
Motion creates security network in our homes, hospitals, military base and banks it enables them to detect or attend to people in need or emergencies at all times for instance in bank where maximum security is required the device can be installed in an unnoticeable strategic position (Connected to a dark place) so that intruders can be detected without the intruders being aware of it.
1.2 PROBLEM STATEMENT
For nowadays, we will switch OFF the light when we are going out from the office or sleep in the bedroom. However, some people might wake up during at night. When they wake up, their mental might not so clear and it is hard for them to find the switch to switch ON the light. Therefore, if they have a motion detection system to switch ON the light automatically, it is easier for them to avoid cannot find a switch and occur accident.
With this system, users do not have to turn ON the light or fan manually. Once users entered the room, light will turn ON and fan is depends on the temperature. It is convenient to the old people and some handicapped people who are sitting on the wheelchair. Besides that, kids will not fall down and get injure when they are go to toilet at night.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
i. To investigate the principle of the device.
ii. To investigate the factors that can affect the sensitively of the device.
iii. Improve the security network.
iv. To determine the reliability and maintainability to the system.
Procedures stated in the block diagram. Equipment and tools that are going to use in this project had chosen by study from the literature review through internet and advice from the supervisor.
Besides that, circuit is drawing in schematic diagram by using software Proteus 7 to stimulate the circuit. Then the circuit is constructed by using breadboard to testing the functioning of the circuit to ensure it can work well.
After testing on the breadboard, circuit is built by soldering those electronics component on the strip board or on PCB board. Final is testing the circuit to ensure it can function well. Below is the block diagram of the project.
A.C Power Supply Unit
D.C Supply Unit
Switching Relay Unit
Output Load Unit
Fig. 1.1: Block diagram of motion detector
Power unit is the source when a 220V enter through it will step it down so that the voltage component can withstand the voltage.
Passive infrared sensor whenever PIR sensor detect any body movement, its output pin becomes high which applies the triggering voltage to base and allow the current to pass through the resistor.
Switching relay unit is an electromagnetic is controlled by small current and used to switched ON and OFF relatively.
Output load unit the relay gets energizes and create electromagnetic field which attracts the lever and come and ON get connected this allows a much larger current (220V) A.C to flow which turns ON the bulb. We on increase or decrease the bulb On duration by setting up PIR sensor.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
This project is constructed as a motion detector using passive infrared sensor to be used in our homes and offices to tackle security challenges.
1.6 REPORT OUTLINE
The content of this project report is about Motion Detector using Passive Infrared Sensor. This report is consists of five chapters.
In the chapter one, the project overview which are the introduction, objective, scope of project, problem statement and project methodology. Chapter two is embracing the literature review of the Passive Infrared Sensor with review of some related work. Chapter three is about the construction and packaging of the circuit. Chapter four discuss about testing and result of project. This chapter also will include the final product of the project and describe function of the project in diagram. Chapter five covers the conclusion and recommendation of the whole project.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The project is aimed at constructing a frequency to voltage transducer circuit. The method of constructing this circuit is first simulated on...Continue Reading »
2. AN INSIGHT ON THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A POWER LINE VANDALISM MONITORING SYSTEM USING ELECTRONIC SYSTEM» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This project gives the insight on the design and construction of a transmission power line vandal...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT Due to advance electron logy in the electronic which gave rise to automation of electr...Continue Reading »
4. THE POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND PSYCHOSOCIAL DISORDER, USING TANURE OJAIDE’S THE ACTIVIST AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROW OF RAIN» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria’s political problems sprang from the carefree manner in which the British took over, administered, and aban...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work describes the construction and designing of distance proximity sensor using LDR and LEDs.The construction focuses more on L...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project is based on Construction of microcontroller vehicle speed alarm system which automatically warns the driver by activating a panic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND Human to human communication is an essential part of our every day activities. Advances in com...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION OF NIGERIAN GAS PRODUCTION & ELECTRICITY GENERATION FROM NATURAL GAS USING REGRESSION ANAYLSIS (1999-2014)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Nigeria is a nation that has been blessed with mineral resources ranging from solid minerals to ...Continue Reading »
9. TO HARNESS THE ABUNDANT AND FREE SOLAR ENERGY DURING THE DAY TIME AND CONVERT IT TO ELECTRICAL ENERGY THAT WILL BE USED TO POWER SOME COMPONENTS OF AN...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A solar cell is an electronic device that converts the sunlight energy directly into electric energy without any f...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The importance of light to every mankind cannot be over emphasized, even when the earth was created; the earth was illumi...Continue Reading »