Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 THE BACKGROUND
Welding is a way of heating pieces of metal using electricity or a flame so that they melt and stick together. It can simply be defined as the process of joining two or more pieces of metal to make the act as a single piece. This is often done by melting the work pieces and adding a filler material to form a pool of molten material that cools to become a strong joint. Because of its strength, welding is used to join beams when constructing buildings, bridges and other structures. Welding can also be used to join pipes in pipelines, power plants at the construction sites and in home appliance. Furthermore, welding is used in shipbuilding, automobile manufacturing and repair, aerospace applications. There are many kinds of welding which include arc welding, resistance welding, gas welding among others. Emphasis will be laid on arc welding because it is the most common type of welding as well as the main aim of this project.
Arc welding is the process of welding that utilizes an electrical discharge (arc) to join similar materials together. Equipment that performs the welding operation under the observation and control of a welding operator is known as welding machine. To solve the problem of weight and size of conventional arc welding machine, it is necessary to design an inverter. The inverter provides much higher frequency than 50Hz or 60Hz supply for transformer used in welding. So transformer of much smaller mass is used to permit the handling of much greater output power. The welding noise produce by conventional arc welding machine is reduced by selecting the operating frequency over the hearing of human ability. The choice of 20Khz for the inverter type arc welding machine was determined to meet the above expectation. The output welding current is controlled by controlling the power supply for transformer at high frequency. This power supply is provided by a frequency inverter. Power switch IGBTs (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) or MOSFETs is used for the inverter design due to its high switching. The control circuit use to control the output welding current is design to drive the power switch at high frequency. Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor power switch is more efficient and less prone to failure than MOSFETs power switch.
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The main aim and objective of this project is to design and build and arc welding machine that operates on 36vdc at variable frequency which of benefit to urban area. This reduces the weight and size of the transformer use for welding. To have an arc welding machine that is more efficient which produce neat welding.
1.3 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The significant of this project is that it seeks to develop an arc welding machine that is cost effective, strong and portable. Not only that the arc welding machine is strong and portable, it is also mobile.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
The project has certain limitations which are mentioned below.
This project cannot weld bigger gauge of metals.
The welding time and power depends on the battery input power.
You are to have bands of battery for reliability when using battery.
The machine must be used by a qualified welder. Welding can endanger the operator or people near the working area. Therefore, the performance of welding and cutting must only be done under the comprehensive observation of all relevant safety regulation.
Switch function modes during welding could potentially damage the equipment. A safety switch is necessary to prevent the equipment from electric leakage. Use only high quality welding tools and equipment with this inverter type arc welding machine.
1.5 PROJECT REPORT ORGANIZATION
The organization of the project report is well detailed and vast in its coverage. It covers all the activities encountered during the research work. The first chapter is the introductory chapter which covers the background, project objectives, project justification, and scope of the project. Chapter two presents the literature reviews. Chapter three covers the system analysis and design methodology in details. Chapter four presents the system implementation which entails the circuits diagram of different stages and also the complete schematic diagram with necessary calculation involve in the design. Chapter five is emphasis on conclusion, problem encountered during project design, recommendations and suggestion for further improvement. Fig1.1 depicts an overview of project report organization.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Over the years the use of fossil fuels to generate electricity has not produced enviable results....Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A MICROCONTROLLER BASED LIQUIFIED PETROLEUM GAS LEAKAGE DETECTOR USING GSM MODULE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) detection is very important because gas is not only an explosive but al...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The advantage of cellular communication like GSM technology is a potential solution for such remote controlling activities. GSM SMS technolog...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF CONSTRAINTS ON HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT This study was designed to assess constraints on human resource development (HRD) in Technical vocational education. The study was designed t...Continue Reading »
5. INSTALLATION OF SOLAR/ INVENTER AND DEEP CYCLE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES FOR POWERING THIRTY DUSTY COMPUTER AND A PROJECTOR» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In the nineteenth century through the middle of the twentieths century DC to AC power convert...Continue Reading »
6. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF DYNAMIC PRIORITY CALL ADMISSION CONTROL ALGORITHM FOR WCDMA BASED 3G NETWORKS» ABSTRACTThe wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) based 3G cellular mobile wireless networks is expected to provide diverse range of multimed...Continue Reading »
» DEDICATIONI dedicate this project work to Almighty God, the source of all knowledge, wisdom and understanding, for being there for me throughout the p...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN OF AN EQUIPMENT THAT CAN FACILITATE A CONVENIENT AND EASY WAY OF CONTROLLING OUR DOMESTIC APPLIANCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT The need for a remote control alert system that can control domestic appliances and various lighting...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A microcontroller Based Versatile Stepper Motor System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in this project. The developed prototype was...Continue Reading »
10. IMPROVING THE CAPACITY OF A RENEWABLE POWER SYSTEM, USING SOLAR POWER PANEL (A CASE STUDY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE ND SOFTTWARE LAB)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The use of renewable energy increased greatly just after the first big oil crisis in the late sev...Continue Reading »