Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Technology is a body of knowledge devoted to creating tools, processing actions and extracting of materials. The term technology is wide and everyone has their own way of understanding the meaning of technology. We use technology to accomplish various tasks in our daily lives. In brief we can describe technology as product processes or organization, we use technology to extend our abilities and that makes people as the most important part of technological system (Igwe, 2009).
Technology is concerned with the usage and knowledge of tools, techniques and craft. It is a system or method of organizing, or is a material product (such as clothing), that deals with the practical application of knowledge especially in the area, of economic science, Medical Technology, Electrical/Computer Science, Building Technology etc. The economic strength of every nation depends on its technological advancement (Gowon, 2010).
Technology education is a generic term embracing all the experience that an individual need to prepare for useful occupation. It helps to equip citizens with the acquisition of appropriate practical skills, activities and competency (both mental and physical) that enables him/her to live in and contribute to the development of the society Gowon (2010). Vocational and technology education is a major tool design to be used in achieving the five (5) main National Policy on Education NPE (2004). Technology education is important today in the nation building.
Computer science education is defined as the process of acquiring the basic computer knowledge, ideas, skills, and other competencies so as to understand the basic technologies. In the earliest days of computers, the only computer education was about computers. At that time, computer were huge, expensive and rare, computer education was limited to those students with exceptional mathematical aptitude. After all that is what computers were all about, solving mathematical problems.
Computer Science education is the science and technology of transmitting Computer Science electronically by wires or radio signals with integrated encoding and decoding equipment (Microsoft Encarta, 2014).Technological education is concern with the systematic training, acquisition of knowledge, practical skills and character formations. It deals with the total development of individuals and how he can manipulate his physical environment. Nigeria has long recognized that survival of the nation depends on the technological advancement (F.G.N. 2004).
Computer Science comprises devices and systems that transmit electronic or optical signals across long distances. It helps to access Computer Science instantly through networking which can be access all over the nation. Computer Science enables people to send and receive personal messages across town, between countries, and to and from outer space. It also provides the key medium for delivering news, data, Computer Science, and entertainment, (Microsoft Encarta, 2014.)
Computer Science education is yet to be given the desired attention and/or focus in our educational system. Computer Science education is plagued with numerous problems, ranging from shortage of manpower, lack of funds, inadequate workshops for practical, and government not give enough attention to it. The main aim it to identify the problems encountered by and make amendment toward solving these problems.
To develop these competencies in teachers the integration of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) into pre-service teacher Education curricular becomes imperative. Indeed Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application should be on indispensable aspect of contemporary pre-service teacher education curriculum.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) component of pre-service teacher education curriculum should focus on two main are as information literacy and Information and Communication Technology. The approach should be to integrate both Information Literacy and Information technology skills across the curriculum of pre-service teacher education. If is only such a curriculum of pre-service teacher education. If is only such a curriculum that can help the teacher with necessary competence and knowledge fermenting the challenges of the 21st century classroom practiced.
In 1988, Nigeria Government enacted a policy on computer Education to keep up with the modern trends in teaching and learning.
Okebukola (1997) reported that computer is still not part of classroom teaching in over 90% of public schools in Nigeria. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as an aid to teaching and learning can be applied in secondary schools to enhance educational efficiency serve administrative functions, for individualized learning and to change current pedagogical practices in Secondary schools in Nigeria. Based on the above context this study is designed to Assess Utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities in teaching in secondary school in Kaduna North Educational Zone Kaduna State.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Many parents will admire their children’s ability if they can work with a Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and became amazed that the Technology that baffles than comes so naturally to their spring. Information and Communication Technology today are not in use in most of our secondary school.
The few Government Secondary Schools (Dialogue) that were supplied are not effectively utilized it is because there are no adequate trained teachers or personnel who will maintain the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or is unavailability of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities itself, government negligence to provide Function Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Another factor is the unavailability of internet service in the schools within the Zone. Based on the above context, the study is designed to assess the utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities in teaching in secondary schools in Kaduna North Educational Zone of Kaduna State.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
This study intends to find out the impact of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education among the Government Secondary Schools Students in Kaduna North Educational Zone Specifically, it will seek to:
1. Find out the level of Literacy of teachers in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Government Secondary Schools in Kaduna North Zone.
2. Find out low adequate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Government Secondary schools in Kaduna NorthZone.
3. Find out recent Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Government Secondary Schools in Kaduna NorthZone.
4. Find out how the recent Information and Communication Technology (ICT) trends can be used to improve teaching in Government Secondary Schools in Kaduna NorthZone.
1.5 Significance of the Study
When proper utilization of recent Information and Communication Technology (ICT) trends are found out, the Federal Ministry of Education Proprietors of Private schools principals and teachers may adopt and integrate recent trends in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to develop new policies on computer education. This study will also help teachers in secondary schools to improve their teaching methods using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to encourage individualized learning practices in students’ educationist at all levels principals, teacher and students will have a better understanding of what is happening in the world today. They will be able to form a new curriculum for Computer Education, guide students to learn from educational software give teachers up-to-date information on recent teaching practices and gives students opportunity to learn more through like internet.
The study will therefore be a guide to curriculum developers to develop a new curriculum in computer education. Teachers will also benefit in getting new and better ways of improving their method and techniques of teaching.
Students will not only learn how to use the computer but effectively use it through the internet to learn outside the class and beyond the given syllabus. Ultimately, this study will improve the teaching and learning process in secondary schools in Kaduna North educational Zone Kaduna State.
1.6 Delimitation of the Study
This study seeks to assess the utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities for teaching and learning of secondary school in Kaduna North educational zone Kaduna state. The study explains the recent Information and Communication Technology (ICT) trends and how these facilities could be used to improved teaching and learning in Secondary schools in Kaduna North Educational Zone Kaduna State.
Therefore the areas looked into were availability Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities in secondary schools in Kaduna North Educational zone Kaduna State utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities in teaching and learning process in secondary schools staff and students literacy level in operating Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTS OF CONCEPT-MAPPING AND DISCUSSION-BASED TEACHING METHODS ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN BOTANICAL CLASSIFICATION OF PLANTS IN UYO METR...» ABSTRACT This study investigated the comparative effects of using concept mapping and discussion based teaching methods on students academic achieveme...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The effect of health on worker‘s productivity suggests a relationship between health and ag...Continue Reading »
3. HOME VIDEO VIEWERSHIP AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SELECTED PUBLIC SCHOOL(SCHOOLS IN KADUNA AS A CASE STUDY)» Abstract The study investigated the influence of home television viewing on academic achievement of children in upper Basic Education Level in Kaduna ...Continue Reading »
4. IMPACT OF PLANNING ON TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESS (CHIKUN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background to the study Planning in the context of education entails the process of setting objectives and determining t...Continue Reading »
5. THE CAUSES OF STUDENTS POOR PERFORMANCE IN MATHEMATICS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF AKOKO-EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This project work is based on an attempt to identify the causes of student’s poor performance in mathematics in some selected secondary...Continue Reading »
6. ICT AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE: A STUDY IN SELECTED PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBO...» LIST OF TABLES Table 1: Pearson Product Moment Correlation of Mean and Standard Deviation showing the answers of the responses on computer influence o...Continue Reading »
7. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF USING TEACHING AIDS IN THE TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EDO STATE: A CASE STUDY OF OREDO...» ABSTRACT This study was to examine the problems and prospects of using teaching aids, which is reduced among students and people of Oredo Local Govern...Continue Reading »
8. FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR FAILURE OF THE STUDENTS’ IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORK EXAMINATION IN SELECTED TECHNICAL COLLEGES, GOMBE S...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The survival of any nation depends largely upon the premium attached to the education of its citizens...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Teaching is a very complex activity that is affected by the subject matter, the time available, t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this research is to investigate and find out the school factors that affect teaching and learning English language at primary leve...Continue Reading »