Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of environmental factor on choice of career among youths in nigeria. It analyzes environmental factors, career choices among youths and environmental factors that influence their decision of a choice of career in secondary school.
Background of the study
Education is universally recognized as the answer to socio- economic problems of the world. Nations and individuals look up to education to provide a cure for poverty, ignorance, drought, excessive rainfall, mental deficiency, joblessness, bad government, poor communication system, hunger and inadequate shelter among other things. Every nation of the world aspires toward quality of life and social status. Career selection is one of many important choices students will make in determining future plans. This decision will impart them throughout their lives. The essence of who the student is will revolve around what the student want to do with their life- long work. The choice of career has been a serious problem among the secondary school students in Nigeria. No matter what one’s age is, the choice of career or desire is an important question for everybody.
A lot of student in secondary schools believe that their future is a glorious adventures in which they are bound to succeed. Many of them have the idea that they would be able to work in the public or private establishments as soon as they complete secondary school education. Some have planned to become lawyers, engineers, medical doctors, accountants and so on. Students in secondary schools like many other young adults are always worried about what they will do with their lives, the kind of adult they will become. They are concerned about early entry into the occupational world and finding productive and rewarding places in and out rapidly, fast changing societies where wages employment is unlikely to be available on a scale sufficient to absorb more than a small fraction of the young people when they do arrive at the labour market.
The conflict of choice of career among youths constitute an educational social dilemma in our society and nation .therefore constructive analysis must be made to this issue with a view to proffering recommendations and guide to enable youths to make proper decision of future career.
These constructive analysis lie within the environmental factors in which the youth operates or is domiciled. The youth are largely influenced by this environmental issues; so if not guided may be propelled to make wrong choices. It is the fragility and significance of these issues that stresses the importance of a research of this nature. The research shall appraise the influence of environmental factor on choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to appraise the influence of environmental factor on choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos. There exists a great conflict on the selection of a choice of career among the youths. Analyzing these factors would help proper possible solution to guide the youths in right career choices.
1 what is the nature of environmental factors influencing the choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos?
What is the nature of career choices facing secondary school student in Lagos?
What is the influence of environmental factors on the choice of career among the secondary school student in Lagos?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To examine the nature of environmental factors influencing the choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos
2. To appraise the nature of career choices facing the youth in Nigeria
3. To determine the impact of environmental factors on the career choices of the secondary school student
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study shall facilitate possible solutions to helping youths make right decision on the choices of future career.
It shall provide detail source of information on career decision choices for the youths, etc.
1.6 statement of hypothesis
Ho The conflict of wrong career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state
Hi The conflict of wrong career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state is low
2 Ho conflict of environmental factor s is high
Hi conflict of environmental factor is lo
Ho the influence of environmental factors on career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state is low
Hi the influence of environmental factors on career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state high
Scope of the study
The study focuses on the appraisal of the influence of environmental factors on the choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos
Definition of terms
Career choice: the broad opportunities that exist for lifelong vocations. These vocations are set out in a framework of strategies moving toward personal goals.
Environment: the complex physical factors that make up our surroundings and in turn act upon us. This include the forces of family, political, social and economic issues that both typical and non- typical students may deal with on a day- to- day basis.
Motivation: forces acting on or within a person causing initiation of behavior or what it is that moves us.
Opportunity: those choices in one’s life which are exposed either in a subtle or obvious manner.
Personality: a characteristic way of thinking, feeling and behaving. The personality is the collection of impression in the appearance of the student’s body and the impressions believed to have been made on others, good or bad. One’s personality may embrace attitudes and opinions that affect the way we deal with interactions of people and, in particular to this study, the situations of choosing a career.
Peers: peers are adolescents who are about the same age of maturity level.
Quality of life: the depth in the content of richness and fullness in our day- to- day existence. This includes observed and unobserved criteria that contribute to the fulfillment with our expectations and aspirations
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Brief history of SIWES On 8th October, 1971, government highlighted the capacity building of human resources in indus...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 91 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. ORAL SKILLS AND PERFORMANCE IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AMONG JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL III STUDENTS IN IKOT EKPENE EDUCATION ZONE» ABSTRACT This study assesses the oral skills and performance in the English Language among Junior Secondary School III students in Ikot Ekpene Educati...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 131 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Information Provision of secondary education is a major concern for many countries in the world today (UN Decl...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 559 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. THE EFFECT OF PIDGIN ENGLISH ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OT TERTIARY STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The advent of the colonial master in African presumably marked the beginning of the use of the En...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 1,077 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. IMPACTS OF INDUSTRIAL SET-UP ON THE ENVIRONMENT (A CASE STUDY OF THE AGBARA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE IN OGUN STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Industry is one of the major categories in economic activities after agriculture. Industry is con...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 258 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Environment according to Denek, described someone who is ready and able to learn and also wants to learn, if this same person is kept in a room withou...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 570 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 128 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. THE ATTITUDE OF PARENTS TOWARDS THE EDUCATION OF FEMALE STUDENTS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Egor Local Government Area is one of the eighteen local government area in Edo State. The major occup...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 220 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the influence principal’s gender has on teachers’ work behaviours in secondary schools in Anambra State. ...Continue Reading »
110 pages | 125 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. THE EXTENT OF USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING - LEARNING OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In teaching, it is highly desirable to know exactly what one aims to achieve as it is in all grea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 498 hits | Source: EDUCATION