Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of environmental factor on choice of career among youths in nigeria. It analyzes environmental factors, career choices among youths and environmental factors that influence their decision of a choice of career in secondary school.
Background of the study
Education is universally recognized as the answer to socio- economic problems of the world. Nations and individuals look up to education to provide a cure for poverty, ignorance, drought, excessive rainfall, mental deficiency, joblessness, bad government, poor communication system, hunger and inadequate shelter among other things. Every nation of the world aspires toward quality of life and social status. Career selection is one of many important choices students will make in determining future plans. This decision will impart them throughout their lives. The essence of who the student is will revolve around what the student want to do with their life- long work. The choice of career has been a serious problem among the secondary school students in Nigeria. No matter what one’s age is, the choice of career or desire is an important question for everybody.
A lot of student in secondary schools believe that their future is a glorious adventures in which they are bound to succeed. Many of them have the idea that they would be able to work in the public or private establishments as soon as they complete secondary school education. Some have planned to become lawyers, engineers, medical doctors, accountants and so on. Students in secondary schools like many other young adults are always worried about what they will do with their lives, the kind of adult they will become. They are concerned about early entry into the occupational world and finding productive and rewarding places in and out rapidly, fast changing societies where wages employment is unlikely to be available on a scale sufficient to absorb more than a small fraction of the young people when they do arrive at the labour market.
The conflict of choice of career among youths constitute an educational social dilemma in our society and nation .therefore constructive analysis must be made to this issue with a view to proffering recommendations and guide to enable youths to make proper decision of future career.
These constructive analysis lie within the environmental factors in which the youth operates or is domiciled. The youth are largely influenced by this environmental issues; so if not guided may be propelled to make wrong choices. It is the fragility and significance of these issues that stresses the importance of a research of this nature. The research shall appraise the influence of environmental factor on choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to appraise the influence of environmental factor on choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos. There exists a great conflict on the selection of a choice of career among the youths. Analyzing these factors would help proper possible solution to guide the youths in right career choices.
1 what is the nature of environmental factors influencing the choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos?
What is the nature of career choices facing secondary school student in Lagos?
What is the influence of environmental factors on the choice of career among the secondary school student in Lagos?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To examine the nature of environmental factors influencing the choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos
2. To appraise the nature of career choices facing the youth in Nigeria
3. To determine the impact of environmental factors on the career choices of the secondary school student
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study shall facilitate possible solutions to helping youths make right decision on the choices of future career.
It shall provide detail source of information on career decision choices for the youths, etc.
1.6 statement of hypothesis
Ho The conflict of wrong career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state
Hi The conflict of wrong career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state is low
2 Ho conflict of environmental factor s is high
Hi conflict of environmental factor is lo
Ho the influence of environmental factors on career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state is low
Hi the influence of environmental factors on career choices among secondary school student in Lagos state high
Scope of the study
The study focuses on the appraisal of the influence of environmental factors on the choice of career among secondary school student in Lagos
Definition of terms
Career choice: the broad opportunities that exist for lifelong vocations. These vocations are set out in a framework of strategies moving toward personal goals.
Environment: the complex physical factors that make up our surroundings and in turn act upon us. This include the forces of family, political, social and economic issues that both typical and non- typical students may deal with on a day- to- day basis.
Motivation: forces acting on or within a person causing initiation of behavior or what it is that moves us.
Opportunity: those choices in one’s life which are exposed either in a subtle or obvious manner.
Personality: a characteristic way of thinking, feeling and behaving. The personality is the collection of impression in the appearance of the student’s body and the impressions believed to have been made on others, good or bad. One’s personality may embrace attitudes and opinions that affect the way we deal with interactions of people and, in particular to this study, the situations of choosing a career.
Peers: peers are adolescents who are about the same age of maturity level.
Quality of life: the depth in the content of richness and fullness in our day- to- day existence. This includes observed and unobserved criteria that contribute to the fulfillment with our expectations and aspirations
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Perception of business education student on relevance of entrepreneurship education at collage of education» Abstract The purpose of entrepreneurial training as stipulated by the European Commission 2008, among others include; raising awareness of students ab...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF NIGERIAN UNION OF TEACHERS ON EDUCATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF OWERRI MUNINCIPAL COUNCIL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria Union of Teachers is a known trade union in Nigeria. It was formed to foster a united front f...Continue Reading »
3. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY OF THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF EARLY MOTHERHOOD IN NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF EJIGBO OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and problems of early motherhood in Ejigbo metropolis, Osun State. Related literature...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF PROVERTY ON SCHOOL ATTENDANCE IN PRIVATE SECONDRY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF OJI RIVER LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY educational sector in every part of the world fa...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on an evaluation of principals administrative in Nigeria secondary schools in Nigeria. The total population for the study is 20...Continue Reading »
6. INFLUENCE OF FAMILY BACKGROUND ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PHYSICS STUDENTS - GBOKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BENUE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education is a basic tool used by society for transmission of its societal values. It has become ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study was designed to find out the factors affecting women’s effective participation in Adult Education in Oredo Local Government ...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING SERVICES ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND CAREER CHOICE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS OF SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study According to Melvin (1975), secondary school education is the engine room of knowledge acquisitio...Continue Reading »
9. THE INFLUENCE OF HOME BACKGROUND ON THE CAREER CHOICE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ESAN CENTRAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Home is a place in which children learn to interpret realities (Wary and Passman, 1996) parents serve...Continue Reading »
10. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECT OF POOR PARENTING ON THE CHILDREN AND THEIR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF THEIR CHILDREN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY According to Cleaner Casiellino, Michinery and Terry Vilarcial  parenting is the term summarizi...Continue Reading »