Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Education is obviously the basic instrument of economic growth and technological advancement of any society. It is in recognition of this fact that governments commit immense resources to ensure the provision of education for their citizens and also tailored their policies towards ensuring that it is made accessible to the generality of their citizenry (Oyebade et al., 2008). However, business education is an essential element of this general education. It is concerned with the impartation of business orientation and knowledge for personal and national development.
Business education involves teaching students the fundamentals, concepts, theories and processes of business. To Okoli (2010), business education is an important part of the general education which emphasizes on skills and competencies acquisition for use in offices and business related occupations.
Similarly, Nwanewezi (2010) describes business education as encompassing education for office occupations, business teaching, business administration and economic understanding. In all, Abdulkadir (2011) noted that one remarkable important characteristic of business education program is that, its products can function independently as self-employed and employers of labor. To this end, the tenet of business education embraces basic education for teaching career, entrepreneurship, business understanding, office environment and vocational practices.
Education in this field occurs at several levels, including primary, secondary and higher education, with the greatest activity in the later. However, Igboke (2005) enumerated the following as the objectives of business education at all levels of education:
To develop basic skills for personal use in the future
To acquire the basic knowledge and skills of business education
To relate the knowledge and skills acquired to national development
To develop basic skills in office occupation
To provide the needed background for teaching in business subjects
To prepare students for further training in business studies
To provide orientation and basic skills with which to start a life of work for those who may not undergo further training
For education to really serve as a veritable vehicle for socioeconomic growth and development as well as for the actualization of these lofty objectives of business education in tandem, educational institutions and its systems must function optimally in relation to its set standards.
Historically, business education did not come about in Nigeria through government, but through the individual initiative of a few Nigerian entrepreneurs. Such individuals were quick to realize the importance of business education not only to their personal, but also to national economic growth and development. As a matter of fact, prior to Nigeria’s independence and 10 years after, business teacher education, like other vocational and technical education disciplines, was not given any thought in Nigerian teacher education curricula. This is not to say that the Colonial educational administrators did not recognize the importance of this form of teacher education. As reported by
Ekpenyong (1992), some form of business and technical teacher education programme was introduced in the curricula of Higher College, Yaba (1932-47), and of Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology (1954-61).
Business education exposes students to different ways of being innovative, It also facilitates Job Competence, as well as development of understanding for vocational opportunities available in the field of business. Entrepreneurship without adequate education, knowledge and skills, usually leads to failure. Judging by the figures that are coming out of the Education Ministry. In the last few years, at least 60% of graduates are not able to get employment immediately which does not encourage economic growth (Lawal 2005). Because of that, people go into one entrepreneurial venture or another, but unfortunately, they have not been adequately prepared to face the attendant challenges in business. Now it has become necessary to incorporate Business education into the curriculum in order to prepare our graduates for self-employment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Business Education is a type of training which, while playing its part in the achievement of the general aims of education on any given level, has its primary objective as the preparation of people to enter into a career, to render efficient service and to advance from their present level of employment to higher levels which always have significance effect on the economic development (Osuala 2003). Basic Business Education affords to every individual an opportunity to develop the skills, abilities and understanding that will enable him to handle competently his personal business affairs; to develop an understanding of the vocational opportunity available in the broad field of business and to assume his citizenship responsibilities through enlightened participation in, as well as an understanding and appreciation of the business system (Osuala 2003). Furthermore, Basic Business Education is the broad area of knowledge that deals with the economy. It identifies and explains the role of business as an economic institution and provides content and experience that prepare the individual for effective participation as a citizen and consumer. The researcher is examining the relevance of business education on the economic development of Nigeria.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of this study:
To examine the relevance of Business education program on economic development of Nigeria.
To examine how the Business education program in Nigeria is operated.
To determine the relationship between Business education program and economic development of Nigeria.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
What is the relevance of Business education program on economic development of Nigeria?
How is the Business education program in Nigeria operated?
What is the relationship between Business education program and economic development of Nigeria?
HO: There is no significant relationship between Business education program and economic development of Nigeria
HA: There is significant relationship between Business education program and economic development of Nigeria
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the significance of this study:
Results from this study will educate the government of Nigeria, stakeholders in the business sector on the relevance of business education on the economic development of Nigeria.
This research will also serve as a resource base to other scholars and researchers interested in carrying out further research in this field subsequently, if applied will go to an extent to provide new explanation to the topic
1.7 SCOPE/LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This study on a survey on the relevance of business education program to economic development of Nigeria will cover the Curriculum of business education from primary to tertiary education level in Nigeria with the view of identifying the influence on the Nigeria economic development.
LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
Abdulkadir, A.A., 2011. The role of entrepreneurship education in empowering Nigerian youths. Bus Edu. J., 8(1): 14-22.
Igboke, S.A., 2005. Business Education: Principles and Methods. Jones Communication Publishers, Enugu.
Lawal, S.S., 2005. The need to improve teacher quality in business education programme in Nigerian universities. Int. J. Edu. Res., 11(1): 42-51.
Nwanewezi, M.C., 2010. Problems in business education research in ICT era as perceived by business educators. Bus. Edu. J., 7(2): 46-54.
Okoli, B.E., 2010. A case for entrenchment of ICT literacy in the business education programme. J. Voc. Adult Edu., 7(1): 82-87.
Oyebade, S.A., S.A. Oladipo and J.A. Adetoro, 2008. Determinants and Strategies for Quality Assurance in Nigerian University Education. Retrieved from: http://herp-net.org, (Accessed on: August 4, 2012).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF MALE AND FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. A CASE STUDY OF GOVERNMENT DAY SECONDARY SCHOOL, ARKILLA, SOKO...» ABSTRACT This study compared the performance of male and female secondary school students in Sokoto State using Government Day Secondary School, Arkil...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Road traffic safety refers to the methods and measures used to prevent road users from being killed or seriously injured....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is a developing country located in West Africa with a population of 182 million (United Natio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is no doubt that good skills gives you the edge you need to be ahead in our society today. But...Continue Reading »
5. NEWSPAPER READERSHIP AMONG SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION LECTURERS (A CASE OF SELECTED NBTE SCHOOL IN KADUNA).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Reading newspapers is one of the best ways to keep up with important news in your town, across th...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF IMPROVISATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FOR BIOLOGY INSTRUCTION IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Science education must seek to permit the individual to develop to the fullest his capacities for adj...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to determine the influence of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities on learning of biology in Ezza Sout...Continue Reading »
8. Causes And Effect Of Mass Failure Of Mathematics In Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Case Study Of Igbo-Etiti LGA Area Of Enugu State)» ABSTRACT There has been a problem for some years now, student’s poor academic performance in Senior secondary School certificate examination. It...Continue Reading »
9. CAUSES AND IMPLICATION OF DRUG ABUSE AMONG YOUTHS IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA SATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction The main aim of selecting this topic’ causes and implication of drug abuse among the youths in Kaduna South Local G...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS USED IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ECONOMICS IN GOVERNMENT SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ENUGU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA O...» ABSTRACT This study was to identify the type of instructional materials used in teaching and learning of Economics in government secondary school in E...Continue Reading »