Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Autocratic leadership style is a system of leadership in which the leaders use in controlling the subordinates, has unrestricted power, it is a centralized system of administration whose nature is always forceful on the employers. The study essentially focused on identifying the effects of autocratic leadership on the employee productivity, The problem areas discussed during the research work that hinders organizations from achieving their organizational goal are gotten from the style of leadership used by the organization, which are low productivity, industrial unrest strict decision making without the consent of the employee etc. Finally the researcher made certain recommendation aimed at solving the problems listed above, which are usually encountered in organization.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Theoretical framework
1.3 Statement of the problem
1.4 Objectives of the study
1.5 Research question
1.6 Research hypothesis
1.7 Significance of the study
1.8 Scope an limitations of the study
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.2 Choosing a leadership style
2.3 The concept of production
2.4 Communication link
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 The design of the study
3.2 The area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample and sampling techniques
3.5 Instrument of data collection
3.6 Validation of instrument
3.7 Method of data analysis
CHAPTER FOUR: PRESENTATION, INTERPRETATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.2 Test of Hypothesis
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AN CONCLUSION
5.4 Suggestion for further study
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Centuries ago the belief held was that leaders are born not made. It was widely believed that leadership was uniquely endowed with work ability and also treats of people, which made it possible for them to become leaders.
Autocratic leadership style characteristically is one in which leaders apply coercive reward and even legitimate force on their subordinates. The leader also uses threats and punishments to achieve their desires and does not allow the subordinate to contribute in the running of the organization, which made upward communication of the organization ineffective.
The other types of leadership style are
A. Laissez-Faire leadership style: leaders here don’t pay attention to the achievement of the organizational goals less emphasis is laid to the behaviour of the subordinates therefore they are left to o what they chose. These leaders are only there as figure heads.
B. Likere leadership style: Reisis Lifetree is a graduated from the university of Michigan and his associate has for decades based themselves on leadership style in enterprises. In this studies they came out to say that an effective manager as strong oriented to his subordinates relying on communication to keep all parties working as a unit, others include
c. Participate group
1.2 THEORETICAL FRAMEWORK
In the course of this study, the researcher tried to survey some theories that will further enhance the understanding of the concept of Autocratic leadership and its effect on employee productivity.
Among the theories that are worthy of mention and explanation are
A. The trait theory of leadership
B. The behaviour leadership theories
C. The situational leadership theories
The trait theory posits that the leader has always occupied a central role in management theory most of the early researchers on leadership attempted to either compare the traits of people who became leaders with those who did not identify characteristics and traits possessed by effective leaders.
According to Weiss and Adler (1984:1) the trait approach to leadership is the evaluation and selection of leaders on the basis of their physical mental and social and physiological characteristics
The behavioral school on the other hand is a product of the dissatisfaction with the trait theory. This theory focuses on how leaders should behave rather than on traits or characteristics they might possess
According to a number of studies carried out in the United States like the Ohio state leadership studies. They made a series of in-depth studies of the behavior of leaders in a wide variety of organizations. The key concern of the Ohio state University study was the leaders behavior in directing the support of others towards group objectives.
The situational or contingency leadership theory stated out with the assumption that appropriate behaviour or style depends on the circumstance at a given time, there are five importances of these theories. They are
a. Houses path goal theory
b. Tannebaum and schmidts leadership continuum
c. Fielders contingency leadership theory
d. Vrooms and yattons normative leadership theory
e. Heresy and blachards situation leadership theory
All the theories examined in the theoretical framework in the study of this research work will help the researcher and the student to understand and better appreciate the topic of the researchers effort.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
All effort made by the leader of the organization in making the productivity of workers improve seems not to be yielding a positive result. In using other types of leadership style, many organization have concluded that autocratic leadership style would make the employee more productive than using the democratic style of leadership because
A. Workers are not putting their best in production since they are not motivated rather punished, there by contributing to the death of the organization
B. Leaders who are authoritarian do not actually achieve their company’s objective and the rate of staff turnover is on the increase and the process-experienced workers are lost.
C. Also, in many organizations, some leaders tend to be autocratic relying heavily in the power of their formal position. Highly authoritarian lowers place high Permian on completing assigned task, while neglecting the needs of their subordinates
D. Autocratic leader run centralized system of organization, they take no note thereby duplicating no authority to the subordinate and places higher interest on the achievement of organizational goods then the welfare of staffs and workers in the organization
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to enable leaders know the best leadership style that may improve their employee productivity. The study would also serve as a reference material to many administrative officers and business students in and out of the school needs
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
A. Does autocratic leadership style influence employee productivity
B. Does autocratic leadership style achieve its objective
C. Is there any significant leadership between autocratic leadership style and industrial harmony
D. How does autocratic leadership style influence employee moral
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Based on the research problem stated above, the following hypotheses were generated for the research.
A. Ho: autocratic leadership cannot influence employee productivity in an organization
B. Hi: autocratic leadership can influence employee productivity in an organization
C. Ho: autocratic leadership cannot cause the worker to put in his best and the productivity is very low.
D. Hi: autocratic leadership makes the worker to be more productive and he puts in 100% commitment in the work he is doing
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The effect of autocratic leadership style on the employee productivity cannot be overemphasized because the study will help in controlling and directing future mangers organizations will use the book in their style of leading the workers in the organization and also the study will change the perception of organizations leadership style i.e. can also review the factors that are strengths and weakness cannoning job motivation on an organization.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPLEMENTATION OF HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES IN CONSTRUCTION OF HIGH RISE BUILDING IN KADUNA METROPOLIS» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Approval Page Declaration Dedication Acknowledgement Table of Contents Abstract List of Tables CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION ...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF INTERNET USE ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF AUTOMOBILE STUDENTS OF DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL) KADUNA POLYTECHNIC.» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Introduction Internet plays a fundamental role in many organizations and societies. The basic fact justifies the i...Continue Reading »
3. ICT SELF-EFFICACY OF TEACHERS AS A DETERMINANT TO JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL PERFORMANCE IN COMPUTER STUDIES IN EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT IV IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Developments in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) have been making a gre...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL WORKERS IN AN HOSPITAL (A CASE STUDY OF PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, USELU, BENIN CITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There are many notions of what the role of a social worker should be; we identify the more preval...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sex is a basic physiological need of every human being, male and females are created with differe...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT PERFORMANCE IN ELECTRICAL MACHINE WINDING IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN BAUCHI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study In the year 2007, the Universal Basic Education scheme introduced in Nigeria Kano state inclusive, ba...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT ICT HAS ON SOCIAL STUDIES IN SELECTED JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KAJURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The role of technology in teaching and learning is rapidly becoming one of the most important and...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The influence of instructional materials in promoting students’ academic performance and teachi...Continue Reading »
9. THE ASSESSMENT OF CAUSES OF GIRLS DROP-OUT FROM SCHOOL A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN TALATA MAFARA, IN ZAMFARA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study A dropout is considered, a student who for any reason other than death leaves school before gradu...Continue Reading »
10. FINANCIAL STRATEGY AS SUPPORT DETERMINANT FOR THE AVOIDANCE AND RESOLUTION OF DISTRESS IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY» ABSTRACT The banking sector is the bedrock of the Nigerian economy, and this industry is known to have contributed in no small measure to the developm...Continue Reading »