Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of the research work is to find out the influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. To achieve the above stated objectives, five research questions were raised which includes:
1. Does untrained teacher affect you as a student?
2. Does untrained teacher affect school calendar?
3. Did you know the causes of untrained teacher in Edo State?
4. Does government purposely employ untrained teacher?
5. How does untrained teacher contribute to the low performance or students?
From the above research questions, a questionnaires was drawn, fifteen items was used for the study within the population of one hundred respondents from the three selected secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State which are:
1. Emotan Secondary School,
2. Idia College
3. Imaguero College
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Purpose of study
Significance of the study
Limitations of the study
Definition of concepts/terms
Review of related literature
Administration of questionnaires
Description of instrument
Reliability of instrument
Validity of instrument
Method of data analysis
Result and data analysis
Summary, conclusion and recommendations
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This study examined the factors responsible for the influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo state of Nigeria. Though many people would agree that there is an observable fail in standard of education in Edo state of Nigeria.
Nobody in his wildest imagination would have believed that secondary schools in Edo state, has fallen to an abysmally low level as a Nigeria education observer study came up with a report that secondary school in Edo state has degenerated in the past 15 to 16 years. The shocking news which was retorted as one of the lead bead lines in the Guardian, one of Nigeria’s major daily newspapers, was published on the 11th of February.2006. the screaming head line reads; ‘’ federal ministry of education has scores Edo state secondary level low most on social studies’’ The guardian newspaper quoted the federal ministry of education sponsored study that secondary teachers in Edo state are poorly trained and unproductive subjects.
According to the report the poor performance of students in Edo state is particularly evident in two areas; poor mastery of the untrained teachers and lack of requisite technical skill. It was ascertained in the report that the deficiencies in both vital areas make secondary students in Edo state of the past fifteen years unfit. The study also indicated that a serious disconnection exists between untrained teachers and the parents. On the students academic performance though the study may have identified major areas of the influence of untrained teacher on the academic performance on students.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In Nigeria as a country and Edo state in particular, teachers still living in ignorance over the fact that training teachers are more relevant in education teaching system. Although many teachers claim that their relative will assist them on gaining a teaching job in the state. It is therefore on this basic that the researcher has device possible way to enlighten the influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Edo state.
PURPOSE OF STUDY
This research would enlighten the public on influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary school students.
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The essence of this work is to create awareness to the general public on the influence of untrained teacher on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary level in Edo State and the way to eradicate this menace.
1. Have you heard about untrained teachers?
2. What is untrained teacher is all about?
3. Do you know the causes of untrained teachers in Edo State?
4. How does untrained teacher contribute to the low performance of students?
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Untrained teachers: This means the process where teachers are not properly received training in their discipline field of study.
Academic performance: This also means educational presentation.
Imagination: Means thoughts of mind of something.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out the roles of teaching sex education in junior secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area, Benin Cit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study Education as the key to development has the capacity to upgrade teaching effectiveness as well as ...Continue Reading »
3. AN ASSESSMENT OF TEACHERS MOTIVATION AND ATTITUDE TO WORK AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN YOBE STATE: A CASE STUDY OF PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS, YOB...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Teachers are very important in the developing the future of student and the academic sector in Ni...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF SUPERVISION IN PROMOTING EFFICIENCY IN TEACHING AND INSTRUCTION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Supervision right from time immemorial has to improve the activities of teaching and learning in ...Continue Reading »
5. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING LOW ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The modern trend in education and the complex nature of learning and instruction have made the ro...Continue Reading »
6. THE LEVEL OF COMPUTER LITERACY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN EZZA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract The study investigates the level of computer literacy among secondary school teachers in Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi state. Fo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The immunization of a new born child is a very important way of preventing illness considering th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study attempted to examine innovative techniques of teaching and learning business education in secondary school. The purpose of the stud...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF FAMILY ON CAREER CHOICE OF STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF ESAN CENTRAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Family is a place in which children learn to interpret realities (Wary and Passman, 1996) parents...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECTS OF QUALIFICATION OF ACCOUNTING TEACHERS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS» ABSTRACT This study focused on the effect of qualification of accounting teachers on performance of Secondary School Student external examinations in ...Continue Reading »