Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of the research work is to find out the influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. To achieve the above stated objectives, five research questions were raised which includes:
1. Does untrained teacher affect you as a student?
2. Does untrained teacher affect school calendar?
3. Did you know the causes of untrained teacher in Edo State?
4. Does government purposely employ untrained teacher?
5. How does untrained teacher contribute to the low performance or students?
From the above research questions, a questionnaires was drawn, fifteen items was used for the study within the population of one hundred respondents from the three selected secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State which are:
1. Emotan Secondary School,
2. Idia College
3. Imaguero College
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Purpose of study
Significance of the study
Limitations of the study
Definition of concepts/terms
Review of related literature
Administration of questionnaires
Description of instrument
Reliability of instrument
Validity of instrument
Method of data analysis
Result and data analysis
Summary, conclusion and recommendations
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This study examined the factors responsible for the influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo state of Nigeria. Though many people would agree that there is an observable fail in standard of education in Edo state of Nigeria.
Nobody in his wildest imagination would have believed that secondary schools in Edo state, has fallen to an abysmally low level as a Nigeria education observer study came up with a report that secondary school in Edo state has degenerated in the past 15 to 16 years. The shocking news which was retorted as one of the lead bead lines in the Guardian, one of Nigeria’s major daily newspapers, was published on the 11th of February.2006. the screaming head line reads; ‘’ federal ministry of education has scores Edo state secondary level low most on social studies’’ The guardian newspaper quoted the federal ministry of education sponsored study that secondary teachers in Edo state are poorly trained and unproductive subjects.
According to the report the poor performance of students in Edo state is particularly evident in two areas; poor mastery of the untrained teachers and lack of requisite technical skill. It was ascertained in the report that the deficiencies in both vital areas make secondary students in Edo state of the past fifteen years unfit. The study also indicated that a serious disconnection exists between untrained teachers and the parents. On the students academic performance though the study may have identified major areas of the influence of untrained teacher on the academic performance on students.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In Nigeria as a country and Edo state in particular, teachers still living in ignorance over the fact that training teachers are more relevant in education teaching system. Although many teachers claim that their relative will assist them on gaining a teaching job in the state. It is therefore on this basic that the researcher has device possible way to enlighten the influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Edo state.
PURPOSE OF STUDY
This research would enlighten the public on influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary school students.
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The essence of this work is to create awareness to the general public on the influence of untrained teacher on the academic performance of students in some selected secondary level in Edo State and the way to eradicate this menace.
1. Have you heard about untrained teachers?
2. What is untrained teacher is all about?
3. Do you know the causes of untrained teachers in Edo State?
4. How does untrained teacher contribute to the low performance of students?
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Untrained teachers: This means the process where teachers are not properly received training in their discipline field of study.
Academic performance: This also means educational presentation.
Imagination: Means thoughts of mind of something.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF POOR PERFORMANCES OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The issue of poor academic performance of students in Nigeria has been of much concern to the governm...Continue Reading »
2. THE CAUSES, EFFECTS AND SOLUTION TO EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS(A CASE STUDY OF ILAJE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education serves as a prime instrument in the development of Nigeria but the issue of malpractice has led to t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Parents are very influential in the lives of their children. They have the ability to shape, sust...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Teaching is a very complex activity that is affected by the subject matter, the time available, t...Continue Reading »
5. THE INFLUENCE OF PENTECOSTAL PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATION. A CASE STUDY OF LIVING FAITH PENTECOSTAL CHURCH (WINNERS CHAPEL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY A global study and research on Pentecostal pentecostal churches is an on going assignment because...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out on the relationship between teachers qualification and students academic performance in English. The study sought ...Continue Reading »
7. CAUSESOF POOR PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN ECONOMICS (case study of Warri south local government area of Delta state)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Educational activities are geared towards ensuring that students achieve mastery of educational objec...Continue Reading »
8. PERCEPTION OF TEACHERS ON THE EFFECTIVENESS OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING PROGRAMME IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN OKITIPUPA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study was to investigate the effectiveness of guidance and counselling programme as perceived by secondary school te...Continue Reading »
9. STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING DISCIPLINARY PROBLEMS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at investigating strategies for managing disciplinary problems among secondary school students in Izzi Local Government A...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Guidance and counseling are two closely interrelated concepts. According to Makinde (1984) and Pa...Continue Reading »