Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Computer Science has played a great role in the development of Nigeria, most especially within the educational sector where its relevant on teacher education cannot be overemphasized. This study therefore sought to identify the strategies for improving the teaching/learning of Computer Science at Department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic. Among the specific purpose of the study were to identify the adequacy and quality of human and material resources for the teaching/learning of Computer Science at Department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic, the methodology used in the teaching and the problems encountered were highlighted. It also suggests possible ways of improving the teaching/learning of Computer Science. The study adopted descriptive survey research design and the area of the study is Department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic. The population of the study is made of 144 respondents. No sampling was employed as the population was manageable. The instrument used for data collection was a 30 questions structured questionnaire design to elicit Computer Science from the respondents on the research topic. The instrument was validated by the project supervisor and two other experts in the department of Education Technical for face and content validity. Data for the study were personally collected by the researcher and mean statistics was employed to analyze the data. The findings and discussions were analysed and suggestions and recommendations were proffered.
Background of the Study
Technology is a body of knowledge devoted to creating tools, processing actions and extracting of materials. The term technology is wide and everyone has their own way of understanding the meaning of technology. We use technology to accomplish various tasks in our daily lives. In brief we can describe technology as product processes or organization, we use technology to extend our abilities and that makes people as the most important part of technological system (Igwe, 2009).
Technology is concerned with the usage and knowledge of tools, techniques and craft. It is a system or method of organizing, or is a material product (such as clothing), that deals with the practical application of knowledge especially in the area, of economic science, Medical Technology, Electrical/Computer Science, Building Technology etc. The economic strength of every nation depends on its technological advancement (Gowon, 2010).
Technology education is a generic term embracing all the experience that an individual need to prepare for useful occupation. It helps to equip citizens with the acquisition of appropriate practical skills, activities and competency (both mental and physical) that enables him/her to live in and contribute to the development of the society Gowon (2010). Vocational and technology education is a major tool design to be used in achieving the five (5) main National Policy on Education NPE (2004). Technology education is important today in the nation building.
Computer science education is defined as the process of acquiring the basic computer knowledge, ideas, skills, and other competencies so as to understand the basic technologies. In the earliest days of computers, the only computer education was about computers. At that time, computer were huge, expensive and rare, computer education was limited to those students with exceptional mathematical aptitude. After all that is what computers were all about, solving mathematical problems.
Computer Science is the science and technology of transmitting Computer Science electronically by wires or radio signals with integrated encoding and decoding equipment (Microsoft Encarta, 2014).Technological education is concern with the systematic training, acquisition of knowledge, practical skills and character formations. It deals with the total development of individuals and how he can manipulate his physical environment. Nigeria has long recognized that survival of the nation depends on the technological advancement (F.G.N. 2004).
Computer Science comprises devices and systems that transmit electronic or optical signals across long distances. It helps to access Computer Science instantly through networking which can be access all over the nation. Computer Science enables people to send and receive personal messages across town, between countries, and to and from outer space. It also provides the key medium for delivering news, data, Computer Science, and entertainment, (Microsoft Encarta, 2014.)
However, the researchers have observed that after about four (4) decades of the establishment of technical schools (colleges) Polytechnics, Monotechnics, Colleges of Education Technical and Universities of technologies, Computer Science education is yet to be given the desired attention and/or focus in our educational system. Computer Science education is plagued with numerous problems, ranging from shortage of manpower, lack of funds, inadequate workshops for practical, and government not give enough attention to it. The main aim it to identify the problems encountered by and make amendment toward solving these problems.
Statement of the Problem
Despite the importance of Computer Science Education as evident in our present day life, yet not much attention have been dedicated to this specialty. Therefore, this study tries to look at the causes or factors responsible for such a serious national problem. Could these be attributed to; lack of enough manpower in the field of Computer Science, inadequate supply of practical materials in the workshop, Poor performance of students in Computer Science, un-conducive learning environment, wrong method of teaching and learning of Computer Science, Strike action embarked upon by the lecturers, Lack of constant studies by the students, recruitment of unqualified manpower in the field, lack of funds, or lack of enough time for practical to students that contribute to poor background among many others.
Therefore, these call for a study to investigate ways for improving the teaching/learning of computer science education in the department of education technical, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna.
Purpose of the Study
The study will aim at developing strategist for improving the teaching and learning of Computer Science at Department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna state. specifically, the study seeks to:
1. Assess the availability of resources for the teaching/learning of Computer Science in the department of education technical, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna.
2. Determine the challenges encountered in teaching/learning of Computer Science Education in the department of education technical, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna.
3. To find out ways of improving the teaching and learning of computer science education in the department of education technical, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna.
Significance of the study
a. If the findings of this study are adopted and implemented, it will be of great benefit to the government and policy makers, school managers, students and parents/guardian.
b. The research will be of benefit to government, in planning its vocational and technical education effectively, thus is with particular reference to computer science education.
c. It will also benefit policy makers, such as the National Commission for colleges of education (NCE) with Computer Science about the challenges in teaching Computer Science in Department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic.
d. It will also be useful to schools managers, in maintaining admission standard, monitor the lecturers' performance and qualities. Provide adequate practical materials, tools equipment. And above all ensure the free environment for students to learn.
e. It will benefit students, who want to devote their lives to offer the course (Computer Science) as subject.
f. It will benefit Parents/Guardian, in allowing and guiding their children/wards in choosing courses of their choice according to their capabilities, provide all their need for effective learning.
Based on the purpose of the study the following research questions are drawn
1. What are the resources available for the teaching/learning of Computer Science at Department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic?
2. What are the challenges encountered in teaching/learning of Computer Science in the Department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic?
3. What are the ways of improving teaching/learning of Computer Science Education in the Department of Education (Technical) Kaduna Polytechnic?
Scope of the study
This study is delimited to investigating how to improve the teaching and learning of computer science in the department of Education (Technical), Kaduna Polytechnic.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE NEED FOR AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM IN TEACHING AND LEARNING (E-LEARNING) A case study of Emmanuel College Owerri» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY According to DfES e Learning Strategy Unit (2003), e Learning exploits interactive technologies a...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE CHOICE OF CAREERS AND ROLES PLAYED IN ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENT» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child’s learning and his future life, endeavour of stude...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF THE USE OF AUDIO-VISUALS MATERIALS ON STUDENTS COMPREHENSION IN MATHEMATICS IN SOME SELECTED SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Schools are dynamic places to work for both teachers and students, Erson (1992). Some students co...Continue Reading »
4. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST STUDENTS COMMITMENT TO THE STUDY OF HISTORY; CASE STUDY UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» History is an important school subject which conveys invaluable lessons from the past and whose worth transcends regional, national and cultural bound...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Admission of students into secondary school places on the schools the responsibility for providing th...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF CONFLICT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN WAEC EXAMINATION IN CIVIC EDUCATION IN JOS METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Conflict is defined as disagreement between two or more persons as a result of unexpected behavio...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF STRATEGIES TO ENHANCE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ECONOMICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN AWGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study One of the fundamental rights for every human being is education. Education prepares the individual f...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Child abuse and neglect are fastly becoming universal phenomena in the current world societies de...Continue Reading »
9. THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING OF READING IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of English Language in some selected sec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study One of the greatest threats to Education, social, economic, and political development of any nati...Continue Reading »