Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Akbar Zahdeh, water has become the most commercial products of the century. The stress on the multiple water resources is a result of a multitude of factors. On the one hand, the rapidly rising population and changing lifestyles have increased the need for fresh water. If opportunity costs were taken into account, it would be clear that in most rural areas, households are paying far more for water supply than the often-normal rates charged in urban areas. Also, if this cost of fetching water which is almost equivalent. To 150 million women days each year, is covered into a loss for the national exchequer, it translates into a whopping 10 billion rupees per year.
In summer, we face the problem of drinking water. So is the panic over drinking water supply in the city as well as in villages. The reservoir has just 35.63 feet of water, which is not even half of the total water level.
With the improvement in the technology there are many advanced devices and machines that are useful to the mankind. One of them is coin operated telephone. As we know the function of it and how it works. With the same technology used we are going to design a project which is based on liquid (water). Coin Operated Water Dispensing System as the name indicates it is based on COIN operation. It has been specially designed for use on Railway station, Bus deposes, public places etc. This system is based on microcontroller. The inputs to the microcontroller are coin and output in the form of water. Looking at the specifications required for Water Dispensing System and for simplicity of our application, microcontroller was found to be best suited.
Now-a-days, automated vending machines are most in use as they make various activities not only easier but also more efficient. The machine has numerous input and outputs to provide service to the customer. This machine is similar to vending machine. It is coin operated machine. It accepts only coins as input like Rs.1 in any sequence and delivers drinking water. The main motto of this system is to avoid the environmental pollution and also to avoid the wastage of water with the help of water control valve. We know that the available water resources have initiated towards the end. This problem is quietly related to poor water allocation, inefficient use, and lack of adequate and integrated water management. Since last few decades, several monitoring systems integrated with water level detection have been accepted; therefore, water controlling system implementations have potential significance in the society. Vending machine is going to be developed in such a way that water will get served to the customers. As it is coin operated machine, the required quantity of water and respective amount of money is decided that are affordable for common people.
In 1971 a set of guidelines for pre-development studies for water development was produced. Part of this was in cooperated in the reports from WHO “sectorial study and national programming for community and rural water supply, sewage and water pollution “in 1973. This report was used extensively by Engineers during the period of 1973-76. In 1976, research was carried out extensively to produce technical guidelines on matters of water supply. This culminated into a design manual dated 1978 and which has been reviewed the latest dated October 2005. This has been used by planners and Engineers in the ministry for design of water supply project.
From this time there have been experienced difficulties in the operation of sophisticated equipment’s which has made more emphasis to be put on new and reliable technology.
There is thus the need for designs that are more economical, creative, original and efficient due to harsh economic reality.
A water supply system covers a wide scope that involves the analysis of the demand status for which the supply is to be made, the geographical study of the area in which the system is to operate, the pipe work analysis, the pumping mechanism, the treatment works, the storage mechanisms and finally the supply to the intended destination depending on the need for which the water is to be supplied. Due to this wide scope, this project thus deals with the preliminary design procedure involved in the pumping aspect.
This project design therefore applies the appropriate technology to give a comprehensive design of a water pumping system.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
According to the M’C Graw Hill publications, the pumping element within a water supply system has not been dealt with in detail. There are critical elements that are involved and which have been assumed in the selection of pipe material and size and pump selection. There is thus the need for an expansion of this area to provide a clear procedure to be followed in the selection of pipe and pump to meet a specific demand. This project therefore prepares this sequence to fill this gap.
To provide a means of reducing stress involved in fetching water with bucket from the well in mechanical engineering Department Nigerian Defence Academy kaduna
The aims and objectives of this project are:
- To reduce the labour involved in operating pumping machine manually.
- To prevent or protect the coil of pumping machine from being burnt as a result of continuous work beyond its operating time.
- To pump water manually and electrically from water sources.
d. To prevent wastage of natural resources (water in particularly) and flooding of premises
- To prevent the machine from sucking mud and or air when there is no water in the well or source of water supply.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is to design a means of mankind water available in the storage tank for future uses such as domestic, industrial, Agricultural and economic purposes, which are beneficial to mankind. It is also reduce labour coil, wastage of water resulting from filling of the tank, which can eventually leads to flooding. Consequently it enables long life span of the pumping machine.
1.6 SCOPE OF STUDY
The projet is designed to provide a means of storing water for the benefit of mankind and industrial purpose.
The minimum and maximum level of water in the tank is determined by the individual operating the pumping machine
In the course of searching for information on this project,I consulted some learned professionals,lecturers,relevant text books,such as electrical drafting for HND students,Journals and past projects reports in the liberary of the institution e.g federal polytechnic Ede,Osun state,University of Nairobi,Collage of Architecture and Engineering and browsing on the internet to acquire relevant information on the design and construction of the project
The major limitation of the study is that it can be stressfull when there is no power supply.your efficiency will drop when operating the machine manually and much water will not be pumped.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MOTIVATIONAL NEEDS OF PUBLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL TEARCHERS IN NIGERIA (a CASE STUDY OF KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT Teacher motivation naturally has to do teacher’s desire in participation in the education process. Motivation is commonly assumed to be...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS AFFECTING ATTITUDE TO WORK OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS AND STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Teachers occupy every important position in the educational system of any country because it is u...Continue Reading »
3. A CONTRIBUTION OF YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA SOUTH LGA)» ABSTRACT This study was intended to examine the contribution of youth organizations in community development in Kaduna south LGA. This study was guide...Continue Reading »
4. THE UTILIZATION OF EDUCTONAL TECHNOLOGY IN DISTANCE LEARNING AMONGST THE STUDENTS OF NATIONAL OPEN UNVERSITY OF NIGERIA (NOUN) KADUNA STUDY CENTRE KAD...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi List of Tables viii Abstract ix ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Meaning of academic performance of student is challenging, since science student performance is the p...Continue Reading »
6. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE PROBLEMS FACING TEACHERS IN TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN SECONDARY SCHOOLS TODAY (A CASE STUDY ON IKPOBA-OKHA, ORED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY How fast the world has grown, from the days of the primitive man, to the days of the medieval man and...Continue Reading »
7. SIWES TO HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT THROUGH CERTIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION OF MOBILE, BUILDING TECHNOLOGY, ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY INTRODUCTION Students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill development programme established by in...Continue Reading »
8. IMPEDIMENTS TO THE EFFECTIVE LEARNING OF COMPUTER STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IKWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to investigate theimpediments to the effective learning of Computer Studies in junior secondary schools in Ikwo Local Gover...Continue Reading »
9. KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES IN LAUVN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA NIGER STATE» Abstract BACKGROUND: Globally, sexually transmitted disease (STD) is a public health problem. In Nigeria, adolescents form a substantial proportion (2...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECTS OF PEERS TUTORING AND DEMONSTRATION METHODS ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN THE CONCEPT OF CHANGES IN MATTER IN BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHN...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi List of Tables xi List of Appendi...Continue Reading »