Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The issue of gender inequality is one which has been publicly reverberally through society for decades. The problem of inequality in employment being one of the most pressing issues today, in order to examine this situation, one must try to get to the root of the problem and must understand the sociological factors that cause women to have a much more difficult time getting the same benefit, wages and job opportunities as their male counterpart. The society in which we live has been shaped historically makes the policy makers have consistently been male and it is important to examine all facts of the problem, but in order to fully tackle the issue on most recognize that this inequality in the work force is rooted in what shape future employees and employers – education. The research work will examine the inequalities in policy, actual teaching situations, admission to post-secondary institution, hiring and job benefits and wages, the situation will also tackle was is being done to solve this problem and what can be done to remedy the situation.
Monrovia Street is an area situated in Ungwan Rimi Gabasawa ward under Kaduna North Local Government with a total of least populated area in Gabasawa ward which is more or less like a GRA consist of civil servants, students and businessmen and women etc. the population has made up different tribe such as Hausa, Yoruba, Gwari, Igbo, Nupe, Katab, etc.
Those living in Monrovia are predominantly civil servants that is 80% of people are said to have gainfully employed either by government or private sectors. And of 20% of them are engaged in commercial activities ranging from trading, tailoring, hair dressing, etc out of which 15% where engaged by men only 5% is engaged by women base on the research.
I found that women were left behind in time of gainful employment as well as commercial activities in the area. In view of above a lot is expected to be done to bridge the gap between the two genders.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Men and Women are both equal and both play vital roles in the creation and development of their families in particular and the society in general indeed; the struggle for legal equality has been one of the major concerns of women movement all over the world. Therefore, the sense of insecurity, humiliation and helplessness always keep a woman mum our whole socialization in such that for any unsuccessful marriage which results the who is held responsible. Cultural beliefs and traditions that discriminate against women may be officially discredited but they continued to flourish at the grassroots level, this has been main of this research work.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To find out factors responsible for low employment opportunities of women.
2. To find out the effort of Government towards reducing gender inequality.
3. To examine the implication of gender inequality in the society.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
A research of this nature has to do with gender issues must be of great significance. Gender inequality in terms of employment opportunities, home management and other issues are very critical. Therefore, this research will be of significance in the following areas:
1. The project work is one of the basic requirements for the award of National Diploma in Social Development.
2. It is expected to provide solutions to the problem of gender inequality generally and specifically in employment opportunities.
3. Considering the roles played by human in home and nation building, if genders imbalances are corrected using the recommendation of this research, the nation would be greater, this is another significance.
4. Researchers may find this work as a foundation for further research.
5. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) may find the research work and its recommendation very useful.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The main concern of this study was to final out the teenage pregnancy and how it affects the educational development of our teenagers in Kaur...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 General Introduction Ch ild abuse is the physical, sexual or emotional, mal treatment, or neglect of children by parent, guardians or ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY With increasing population, the number of school going children is increasing much faster than th...Continue Reading »
4. IMPEDIMENTS TO THE EFFECTIVE LEARNING OF COMPUTER STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IKWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to investigate theimpediments to the effective learning of Computer Studies in junior secondary schools in Ikwo Local Gover...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study As individuals develop through stages of life and educational attainment, they encounter problems, ch...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF SCHOOL RECORDS MANAGEMENT ON PUPILS ENROLLMENT, RETENTION AND COMPLETION OF STUDIES IN GOVERNMENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The school administrator has the responsibility of seeing to the smooth running of a school. The ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYEvery living organism reacts to its physical environment; secondary school students and teacher lik...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Education is an important foundation to improve the status of women and has been recognized a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The immunization of a new born child is a very important way of preventing illness considering th...Continue Reading »
10. COOPERATIVE LEARNING APPROACH TO TEACHING GENETICS AND SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT IN BIOLOGY IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» TABLE OF CONTENT Pages Cover page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of tables ix List of Ap...Continue Reading »