Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The issue of gender inequality is one which has been publicly reverberally through society for decades. The problem of inequality in employment being one of the most pressing issues today, in order to examine this situation, one must try to get to the root of the problem and must understand the sociological factors that cause women to have a much more difficult time getting the same benefit, wages and job opportunities as their male counterpart. The society in which we live has been shaped historically makes the policy makers have consistently been male and it is important to examine all facts of the problem, but in order to fully tackle the issue on most recognize that this inequality in the work force is rooted in what shape future employees and employers – education. The research work will examine the inequalities in policy, actual teaching situations, admission to post-secondary institution, hiring and job benefits and wages, the situation will also tackle was is being done to solve this problem and what can be done to remedy the situation.
Monrovia Street is an area situated in Ungwan Rimi Gabasawa ward under Kaduna North Local Government with a total of least populated area in Gabasawa ward which is more or less like a GRA consist of civil servants, students and businessmen and women etc. the population has made up different tribe such as Hausa, Yoruba, Gwari, Igbo, Nupe, Katab, etc.
Those living in Monrovia are predominantly civil servants that is 80% of people are said to have gainfully employed either by government or private sectors. And of 20% of them are engaged in commercial activities ranging from trading, tailoring, hair dressing, etc out of which 15% where engaged by men only 5% is engaged by women base on the research.
I found that women were left behind in time of gainful employment as well as commercial activities in the area. In view of above a lot is expected to be done to bridge the gap between the two genders.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Men and Women are both equal and both play vital roles in the creation and development of their families in particular and the society in general indeed; the struggle for legal equality has been one of the major concerns of women movement all over the world. Therefore, the sense of insecurity, humiliation and helplessness always keep a woman mum our whole socialization in such that for any unsuccessful marriage which results the who is held responsible. Cultural beliefs and traditions that discriminate against women may be officially discredited but they continued to flourish at the grassroots level, this has been main of this research work.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To find out factors responsible for low employment opportunities of women.
2. To find out the effort of Government towards reducing gender inequality.
3. To examine the implication of gender inequality in the society.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
A research of this nature has to do with gender issues must be of great significance. Gender inequality in terms of employment opportunities, home management and other issues are very critical. Therefore, this research will be of significance in the following areas:
1. The project work is one of the basic requirements for the award of National Diploma in Social Development.
2. It is expected to provide solutions to the problem of gender inequality generally and specifically in employment opportunities.
3. Considering the roles played by human in home and nation building, if genders imbalances are corrected using the recommendation of this research, the nation would be greater, this is another significance.
4. Researchers may find this work as a foundation for further research.
5. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) may find the research work and its recommendation very useful.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out the roles of teaching sex education in junior secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area, Benin Cit...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF CHILD LABOUR ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ISOKO SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study A child is a person between the age of 18 months and l3 years. However, children are one of the m...Continue Reading »
3. THE USE OF MULTIMEDIA IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project work has looked into the use of multi media in teaching and learning of computer science, a case study of Oredo local government...Continue Reading »
4. AN EVALUATIVE STUDY OF TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ENGLISH GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURES IN SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction The teaching and learning of English Language is very important in our society today. This is because of the various role...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examined the influence of social networking on the academic performance of Caritas university student. A study of Caritas Universi...Continue Reading »
6. PERCEIVED INFLUENCE OF GENDER AND STUDY HABIT ON EXAMINATION ANXIETY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The current standard of Education in Nigeria points to the fact that the educational system in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES AND STUDENT’S ACADEMY PERFORMANCE IN PHYSICS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM ST...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgements Table of Contents Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out on the relationship between teachers qualification and students academic performance in English. The study sought ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Over the past decades, the unfortunate reality is that the income gap has widened between Nigerian families. E...Continue Reading »
10. DRUG ABUSE AND STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCES IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNME...» ABSTRACT The study examined the problems of drug and substances, abuse among students in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State. In the course...Continue Reading »