Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The issue of gender inequality is one which has been publicly reverberally through society for decades. The problem of inequality in employment being one of the most pressing issues today, in order to examine this situation, one must try to get to the root of the problem and must understand the sociological factors that cause women to have a much more difficult time getting the same benefit, wages and job opportunities as their male counterpart. The society in which we live has been shaped historically makes the policy makers have consistently been male and it is important to examine all facts of the problem, but in order to fully tackle the issue on most recognize that this inequality in the work force is rooted in what shape future employees and employers – education. The research work will examine the inequalities in policy, actual teaching situations, admission to post-secondary institution, hiring and job benefits and wages, the situation will also tackle was is being done to solve this problem and what can be done to remedy the situation.
Monrovia Street is an area situated in Ungwan Rimi Gabasawa ward under Kaduna North Local Government with a total of least populated area in Gabasawa ward which is more or less like a GRA consist of civil servants, students and businessmen and women etc. the population has made up different tribe such as Hausa, Yoruba, Gwari, Igbo, Nupe, Katab, etc.
Those living in Monrovia are predominantly civil servants that is 80% of people are said to have gainfully employed either by government or private sectors. And of 20% of them are engaged in commercial activities ranging from trading, tailoring, hair dressing, etc out of which 15% where engaged by men only 5% is engaged by women base on the research.
I found that women were left behind in time of gainful employment as well as commercial activities in the area. In view of above a lot is expected to be done to bridge the gap between the two genders.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Men and Women are both equal and both play vital roles in the creation and development of their families in particular and the society in general indeed; the struggle for legal equality has been one of the major concerns of women movement all over the world. Therefore, the sense of insecurity, humiliation and helplessness always keep a woman mum our whole socialization in such that for any unsuccessful marriage which results the who is held responsible. Cultural beliefs and traditions that discriminate against women may be officially discredited but they continued to flourish at the grassroots level, this has been main of this research work.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To find out factors responsible for low employment opportunities of women.
2. To find out the effort of Government towards reducing gender inequality.
3. To examine the implication of gender inequality in the society.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
A research of this nature has to do with gender issues must be of great significance. Gender inequality in terms of employment opportunities, home management and other issues are very critical. Therefore, this research will be of significance in the following areas:
1. The project work is one of the basic requirements for the award of National Diploma in Social Development.
2. It is expected to provide solutions to the problem of gender inequality generally and specifically in employment opportunities.
3. Considering the roles played by human in home and nation building, if genders imbalances are corrected using the recommendation of this research, the nation would be greater, this is another significance.
4. Researchers may find this work as a foundation for further research.
5. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) may find the research work and its recommendation very useful.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTH CARE SEEKING BEHAVIOUR AMONG THE MALE ADULTS IN ISIALANGWA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background to the Study Health care seeking behaviour which is a sequence of remedial actions to address perceived ill h...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main concern of this study was to final out the teenage pregnancy and how it affects the educational development of our teenagers in Kaur...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The Church in Nigeria is older than the political independence of Nigeria. While the Nigeria’s political independence d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Teachers’ quality has been the focus of considerable debated worldwide since the middle of 20th...Continue Reading »
5. PROVISION AND MANAGEMENT OF BIOLOGY LABORATORY RESOURCES IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN SOUTH EASTERN NIGERIA» Abstract The study investigated the provision and management of Biology Laboratory Resources (BLR) in Colleges of Education (COE) in South Eastern Nig...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF CHILD LABOUR ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ISOKO SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study A child is a person between the age of 18 months and l3 years. However, children are one of the m...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF AVAILABILITY AND INTEGRATION OF ICT IN PRIMARY PUPILS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN IBEJU, LAGOS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background to the study The use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in education and training has been a prior...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the factors hindering availability of qualified teacher in the effective teaching and learning of Soc...Continue Reading »
9. A regression analysis on the hours spent on the internet and time spent to study on academic performance of students.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Nigerians are confronted with an environment that is rapidly changing and the time spent on non ...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF FAMILY BACKGROUND ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PHYSICS STUDENTS - GBOKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BENUE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education is a basic tool used by society for transmission of its societal values. It has become ...Continue Reading »