Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 Background of Study
Library Management System refers to an application that is specifically designed to manage generally small and medium size libraries and to help mainly those in charge of the library at that particular time to help maintain and keep tracks of library users and books.
Library Management System as an application is mainly used by librarian to manage the library using a computerized system where he/she can record various transactions like issue of books, return of books, addition of new books, addition of new students etc.
Books and student maintenance modules are also included in this system which would keep track of the students using the library and also a detailed description about the books a library contains. With this computerized system there will be no loss of book record or member record which generally happens when a non-computerized system is used.
In addition, report module is also included in Library Management System. If user’s position is admin, the user is able to generate different kinds of reports like lists of students registered, list of books, issue and return reports.
All these modules are able to help librarian to manage the library with more convenience and in a more efficient way as compared to library systems which are not computerized.
A majority of libraries in Nigeria are found in research centers, private and public institutions of learning. Public universities have the highest volumes of books, journals, research papers, and other collections. The libraries are set up with the main aim of been used by both the students, teachers, lecturers and staff members within the institution. There is a collected effort by the library management to restructure their services so as to extend them to other outsiders other than the normal users. Many of the libraries are coming up with information resource centers in the spirit of embracing technology.
Library Management System supports the general requirement of the library such as the acquisition, cataloguing, circulation and other sections. Before the advent of computer in modern age there were different methods of keeping records in the library. Records were kept in the library on shelves and each shelf was labeled in an alphabetical or numerical order, in which the categories of books available were arranged on different position on the shelves and as well were recorded on the library manuscript and when any book is to be referenced the manuscript is being referred to, to know the position of such required book by the person that requested for the book. After the invention of computer different researchers carried out various approaches on an automated library management system in which this project is as well all about.
1.1 Statement of the Problem
This online library management system was developed to solve the major drawbacks that faced people responsible for the general managing of small or large libraries who were using the existing systems.
The problem occurred before having computerized system includes:
· File loss
When computerized system is not implemented files could get missing, sometimes due to some human error there may be a loss of records.
· File damaged
Online library will save us a great deal since physical interference is greatly reduced due to the nature of the digital world and thus files in the library is safer than ever before.
· Difficult to search record
When there is no computerized system there is always a difficulty in searching of records, especially if the records are large in number.
· Space consuming
After the number of records become large the space for physical storage of file and records also increases if no computerized system is implemented.
· Cost consuming
As there is no computerized system to add each record paper will be needed which will increase the cost for the management of library.
· Time consuming
Computerized system has the ability to work at a faster rate than a non computerized system. As such more time is needed to record where there is no computerized system.
The aims and objectives are as follows:
1. Developing a system that ensures the privacy of its users and enable them access it remotely.
2. Designing a system that respond in a timely manner.
3. To enable easy maintenance of students and book details.
4. Easy retrieval of books by simply searching the system.
5. To enable easy borrowing and returning of books.
6. Automated fine calculation and reports generation.
7. Enabling a secure and portable database system that eliminates duplicate data.
1.3 Significance of the Project
This system improves services delivered to end users. Data is saved in the most appropriate manner eliminating duplication and redundancy. Multiple users can access the system at the same time. The system operates electronically hence ensures less space is occupied and also presents a paperless working environment. Library staff members are motivated by the system since it makes work easier. The system has a friendly user interface which is attractive and easy to use.
This study will be beneficial to the following:
1. Students: The study would increase efficiency of students in using the library, as they easily know the books available in the library and also borrow available books with the aid of the system. This is more convenient as it is not time-consuming.
2. Librarian: The system would improve the monitoring capacities of those who maintain the library. It would aid easy cataloging and and keeping record of books issued, reissued and not returned.
3. Lecturers: They would use the study to teach student on how to use the system and as users, use it to easily access library and borrow them.
4. The University: The use of the system would reduce the cost of management of the library . The system eliminates the need to employ many workers and keep many manual files, thereby reducing cost . It would also enhance the look of the library
Other Library Staffs: The study would increase the productivity of theses staff,as they would spend time doing important things and with ease.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. The Challenges Of Cost Benefit Analysis, In A Computerized Accounting System (a Case Studyof Coca-cola Bottling Company Enugu)» This research is on the challenges of cost benefit analysis in a computerized Accounting System. The purpose of this study is to inquire into the viab...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction An identity document is any document which may be used to verify aspects of a person’s personality. If...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONComputerized Traffic Offense System is a powerful web based and database program that records all the traffic offenses comm...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEI.0 Introduction Computerized System and improved efficiency have been the focus of entrepreneurs. As with many business scenarios, getting...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE MULTIMEDIA BASED LEARNING SYSTEM FOR POST PRIMARY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE» ...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PURCHASING INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SHOP AND SAVE SUPERMARKET, UYO)» ABSTRACT In almost all business area purchasing information system has been indispensable. The operation of this system has over decade been practiced...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT A WORKING PROTOCOL INTERNET SYSTEM FOR THE CHRIST DOMINION POWER MIRACLE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Probably no other advancement since the telephone has changed the way humanity works quite as...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionA poultry keeping information system is a database software system that can be used to record needed or relevan...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionToday’s world of business is characterized by the wave of information technology. Seeking information about y...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The federal republic of Nigeria comprises of 36 states, The federal capital territory (FCT), and ...Continue Reading »