Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The process of keeping the cost of all the raw materials used in producing any product in ANAMMCO is not an easy task. The concept of COMPUTERIZED BILL OF MATERIAL PROCESSING has been in existence in many organizations though in a traditional of (manual) approach. But the introduction of computer and more structured software will greatly improve reliability, validity accuracy and processing of data.
This project work extensively discussed the existing system takes care of the materials and cost of the materials used in constructing a particular costing reports which could described detailing materials, labour and over head cost, gross-profit or loss, actual cost and quantities and time.
Prior to the computerized database, the processes are put into computer control that is more efficient than the former. The new system will take care of the following vital financial and operating control of materials.
- Elimination of stocking items that are not needed.
- Elimination of production delay
- Proper cost accounting for materials etc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
ORGANISATION OF THE WORK
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTON
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1.4 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1.5 SCOPE OF STUDY
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.1 FACT FINDING METHOD USED
3.2 ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
3.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.4 INPUT, PROCESS, AND OUTPUT ANALYSIS
3.5 INFORMATION FLOW DIAGRAMS
3.6 PROBLEMS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.7 JUSTIFICATION OF THE NEW SYSTEM
DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
4.1 OUTPUT SPECIFICATION AND DESIGN
4.2 FILE DESIGN
4.3 PORCEDURE CHART
4.4 SYSTEM FLOWCHART
4.5 SYSTEM REQUIREMENT
5.1 PROGRAM DESIGN
5.2 PROGRAM FLOWCHART
5.4 SOURCE PROGRAM
5.5 TEST RUN
6.1 OPERATOR DOCUMENTATION
6.2 PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION
6.3 USER DOCUMENTATION
CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
1.1 Background of the study
Ever the creation of man, there have been a continual quest by man to improve on his welfare, though the conception of computer has built confidence in man towards eradication of loop holes encouraged by his traditional approach to different life problems. But the basic need, still suggests that more should be done especially in production companies for more stress free life.
The concept of material requirement planning (MRP), which embraces the computerized bill of material processing system (COMBOMP) have been in existence in many organization though in a traditional approach and in anticipation. I believe that the introduction of computer into the scene may greatly improve reliability, validity, accuracy and timely processing of data.
The initial stage in every engineering process is to conceive an idea and then transcribe this imagination/mental pictures on paper, and the material involved in the production are studied and the computerized bill of quantity are determined in a manual form, but in the new system the computer are used to translate the master production schedule into a detailed plan for all materials required to produce scheduled products. The material subsystem for each product computerized bill of material) is multiplied by the number of units scheduled to be produced. The amount of material on hand, the materials needed to be purchased and a schedule of purchase are then calculated. This helps to minimize investment in material inventories while still adhering to the master production schedule.
The industrial age in moving into a dramatic form of computer development every organization is trying to be computerized because of the reliability and validity of information derived from the database. Though most organizations are lagging behind and it pams us to observe that COMPUTERIZED BILL OF MATERIALS has not been computerized in most of our manufacturing companies. In spite of this, we believe that this research work, which is properly probed and compiled, will serve as a stepping-stone on how to rectify the anomaly of manual processing.
The developed system has the capacity of receiving, editing and deleting information about COMPUTERIZED BILL OF MATERIAL PROCESSING and it’s application is vital to ANAMMCO and any other production industries.
1.2 Statement of problem
This work is targeted to consider of the problems that render the already existing system inefficient in running their daily activities as regards to production of a 1414 Mercedes product.
The number of quantity and amount of material and sub-assembly needed to produce a product cannot be traceable because of the glaring disadvantages stated below.
1. Inefficient system of processing and storing information about COMPUTERIZED BILL OF MATERIAL.
2. For the fact that records are stored on paper makes it easily accessible for vandalization by unauthorized persons.
3. Using filling cabinet filing cabinet is used to organize different types of files which might not be benevolent in organizing files.
Thus, it may lead to record or file loss. Record can easily slip off. If the filing cabinet is not placed in a decent environment, it leads to termites eating off papers and other documentaries.
4. It takes a long time in accessing record in manual system that is in filing cabinet than automated system.
5. Inaccuracy of data due to negligence and also repetitive nature of work. Negligence does occur as a result of over looking of some relevant information.
6. Because of inaccuracy of data, management decisions are always obscured and also forecasting could not be well determined.
To be more precise these problems were jacked off by the introduction of computer. Computer made ON-LINE-BILL OF MATERIALS mode of operations such as permanent storage retrieval and processing of information to be easily for establishment.
1.3 Purpose of study
This project is geared towards eradication of all the deformities and loopholes of the manual of COMPUTERIZED BILLS OF MATERIAL PROCESSING. Thus, developing a new system to handle all the Jobs/works, involved in (COMBOMP) electronically, supplying all the deficiencies of the existing system.
Consequently upon the elimination of the deficiencies and rectifying the anomalies encountered in the existing system, overshadowing its operational in capacitations by developing a computer-based solution of storing information for billing.
Investigation has presented some of the problems and deficiencies of the method such as difficulty in editing already filed document using correction fluid which makes it appear unity and rough, time wasting in searching for file or retrieving of information habitual ways of stealing and hoarding materials in shop/ware house because of lack of documentation of materials used in production and knowing the cost of each material involved in production considering the above problem and difficulties, the researcher considered it better to introduce computerized form which may be better than the manual if well designed and implemented. This is to enable the level of job enrichment and to produce increased administrative efficiency.
Application of computer in the COMPUTERIZED BILLS OF MATERIALS PROCESSING will make for quick, and easy collection, processing, storage and retrieval of information as regards to the (Combomp) in ANAMMCO.
1.4 Aims and objectives
In an organization whether manufacturing or merchandising, where the competitors and the objectives of the organization are at the top list of their endeavor especially meeting the labour market, there is always a focus on the organizational goal which might not be the goal of the sbu-system to avoid sub-optimality working toward individual benefits.
The aims of this project include:
1. To work toward the elimination of ineffective modes of operation. It centered on the user to having a conducive atmosphere for work thereby minimizing stress.
2. As a means of safeguarding information, which will serve as reference for making management decision, forecasting and also budget management decision expenditure against production processing, which includes: ON-LINE-BILLS-OF-MATERIAL as its emphasis.
3. The target/objective from the creator of the proposal is geared towards combating all the aims and problems being discovered on the existing system.
4. Among the objectives include finding out the requirements needed to build the new system which serve as the messiah for the old system.
5. The type of database to be produced to suit the user of the software, would be based on the sequential or random or index mode of operation?
1.5 Scope of the study
The scope of this project work covers all the areas of (Combomp) systems which include the cost of individual material responsible for production, the stock control or inventory area in which materials are being stored and s well contains reports each of these have different fields that make up the record, which could be expanded a little to form what is called file. These files give room for editing/updating and retrieving of information as its need. Some of the field are items description, quantity total requirement, re-ordering point, labour cost, overhead cost, profit, power cost etc. this project is focused on the entire information recorded on COMPUTERIZED BILLS OF MATERIALS PROCESSING FOR ANAMMCO NIGERIA LTD EMENE, ENUGU
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Massive integration of information technology into all aspects of modern life caused demand for processin...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 431 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF FINGERPRINT BASED ATTENDANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» ABSTRACT The implementation of the biometric based attendance system constrained by our scope and objectives was successfully achieved using the water...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 269 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThe Project Online shopping website for gentlemen clothing is a complete multi user website. The system helps in buying of goods, products and...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN OF A COMPUTER ASSISTED MULTIPLE CHOICE EXAMINATION SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Computer Science Department Fedponek Owerri)» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement AbstractCHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.0 The problem and its settlings 1.1 Objecti...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 169 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT INTO LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an ...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 361 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 GENERAL OVERVIEW Automated prison management system is the collection of register cases for each prisoner entering the pr...Continue Reading »
370 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» Chapter one 1.1Introduction 1.2background of the study 1.3statement of the problem 1.4objective of the study 1.5research question for hypothesis 1.6si...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 554 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study One of the recent advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development of com...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 390 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION COMPUTERIZED EMPLOYEE CLOCKING SYSTEM ( A CASE STUDY OF MARLUN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Employee clocking systems are time system used by organization to accurately record the number of ho...Continue Reading »
43 pages | 272 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This project work, design and implementation of a web based car rental system which will incorporate the different functional, operational an...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 31 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE