Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 46 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Information seeking behaviour is a broad term, which involves a set of actions that an individual, such as undergraduates, takes to express information needs, seek information,evaluate and select information and finally uses this information to satisfy his/her information needs (Fatima and Ahmad, 2008). It is therefore described as an individual’s way and manner of gathering and obtaining information for personal use, knowledge, updating and development. In other words, information seeking behaviour involves active or purposeful information as a result of the need to complete course assignment, prepare for class discussions, seminars, workshops, conferences, or write final year research paper. Though, Singh and Satija (2006) see information seeking behavior as a human process that requires adaptive and reflective control over the afferent and efferent actions of the information seeker in which information seeking behaviour results from the recognition of some needs, perceived by the user, who as a consequence makes demand upon a formal system such as libraries and information centres or some other person in order to satisfy the perceived information need.
Thus, they pointed out that information seeking behaviour essentially refers to locate discrete knowledge elements concerned with the three basic resources namely, people, information and system. Information seeking behaviour is an area of dynamic interest among librarians, information scientist, communication scientists, sociologist, and psychologists. Information seeking behaviour is expressed in various forms, from reading printed material to research and experimentation (Bhatti, 2010). Information users make active and intentional attempts to seek up to date information from the library resources, including, electronic sources. It is worthy to also note that the advent of information technology has revolutionized the field of library and information services and has brought about considerable changes in the information seeking behaviour of users. Though there seems to exist many reasons and sources of information to the information user, the university library occupies a central position in the information seeking process of undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to appraise the self efficacy and information seeking behavior of students of selected universities in Nigeria.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1 To determine the significance of information to university students
2 To appraise the self efficacy and information seeking behavior of students of selected Universities In Ogun State.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
1 What is self efficacy and nature of information of students?
2 What is the information seeking behavior of students?
3 What is the self efficacy and information seeking behavior of students of selected universities in Ogun State?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. The study shall provide an analysis of the self efficacy and information seeking behavior of students of selected Universities in Ogun State
2. It shall provide a reference source of information for students and the public.
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
1 H0 Information is not significant to University Students in Ogun State.
H1 Information is significant to University Students in Ogun State
2 H0 The level of information available to University Student in Ogun State is low
H1 The level of information available to University Student in Ogun State is high
3 H0 The self efficacy and information seeking behavior of selected University Students In Ogun State is low
Hi The self efficacy and information seeking behavior of selected University Students In Ogun State is high
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is focused on the self efficacy and information seeking behavior of students of selected Universities In Ogun State
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR DEFINED Information seeking behaviour is a broad term, which involves a set of actions that an individual, such as undergraduates, takes to express information needs, seek information, evaluate and select information and finally uses this information to satisfy his/her information needs (Fatima and Ahmad, 2008).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED POPULATION CENSUS MONITORING SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION» ABSTRACT The purpose of the study was to design and implement a computer based population monitoring system for Enugu State.The researcher critically ...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION RESULT PROCESSING SYSTEM (A Case Study Federal Government College, Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Remuneration is the monetary compensation that one receives exchange for the work or services performed. Typ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY INTRODUCTION Web Design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modelling, and execution of electronic media ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information management has become a major strategic factor in companies’ development. It is imp...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to verify all the manual processes involved in generating student’s transcript and to seek for a way of automati...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project work which is conducted to meet the stipulation of the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) for the award of National Di...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED WAREHOUSING INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PORTS AUTHORITY) (NPA) LAGOS» ABSTRACTThe purpose of this study is to computerize the warehousing information system (A case study of NPA – Lagos) and to develop a computer packa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe principal objective of this project is to help Security Information Systems (SIS) especially NIGERIAN POLICE which is my case study in the...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT TO ONLINE MARKETPLACE Online Market, commonly known as e commerce or eCommerce, or e business consists of the buying and ...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT AN EFFECTIVE PERSONNEL DATABASE INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Prior to the advent of computers and efficient data base management software, official and private and public document we...Continue Reading »