Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 88 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦15,000
Euphorbia balsamifera plant belongs to the family of Euphorbiaceae. Leaves,stems and roots of Euphorbia balsamifera were extracted using ethanol and the extracts were screened for phytochemical components. The phytochemical results indicated that the plant contained tannins, flavonoids, saponins, steroids, glycosides, terpenoids, alkaloids, and anthraquinones. Ethanol extract of leaves and its fractions were tested for antibacterial activity using agar well diffusion method and were found to show inhibitory activity against Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Micrococcus species and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Thesensitivity test results showed highest activity of 25mm zone of inhibition at 120mg/ml of chloroform fraction against Micrococcus species. The MIC and MBC of the chloroform fraction were 5mg/ml and 7mg/ml respectively. The TLC of chloroform fraction of leaves showed six components of different Rf value using benzene: ethyl acetate (3:1) solvent system. The chloroform fraction was further subjected to column chromatography, after which preparative TLC was carried out on the fraction obtained from column. The isolated compound was subjected to IR, UV and GC-MS Spectroscopy which revealed the presence of (6H-Indolo[3,2,1-de][1,5]naphthyridin-6-one) and fatty acid in the isolated compound. Therefore the bioactive of Euphorbia balsamifera leaves can be served as a lead for the development of new pharmaceutical therapeutic needs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY OF GENDER DIFFERENCES IN THEREFORE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TO SCIENCE SUBJECTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» 1.1 Background to the problem Until the later half of the twentieth century, the different roles of men and women in society in the western world rema...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 843 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
2. ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY AND STABILITY OF ETHANOL EXTRACTS OF CONOIDES MILLER AND LONGUM NIGRUM (CAPSICUM ANNUUM).» ABSTRACT Available synthetic colour additives used in food have been shown to exhibit genotoxic effects and pose several potential health hazards to h...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 40 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
3. COMBINED EFFECTS OF PLAY-SIMULATIONS AND TEACHING WITH ANALOGY ON SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN CHEMISTRY» ABSTRACT Excessive use of the lecture method in teaching science to secondary school students has been faulted by science educators: It leads to low a...Continue Reading »
122 pages | 114 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
4. PREPARATION OF LOCAL SOAP WITH WOODASH DERIVED FROM THE CALYX AND THE COROLLA OF PALM FLOWER (EJEASIS GUINEENSIS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Soap is the earliest detergent know to man and apparently was first made by the Romans from animal fats an...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 325 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
» ABSTRACT Caffeine is an odorless, slightly bitter organic compound found mostly in beverages such as coffee or tea and in chocolate. It is the most wi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 314 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
6. ASSESSMENT OF CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) LEVEL IN ENUGU METROPOLIS MONITORING INDUSTRIAL AND RESIDENTIAL AREA» ABSTRACT Air pollutions pollutant showed that the extent of spreading depends on the motor vehicle traffic population of the area. This pollution stro...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 131 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Oscillatory flows has known to result in higher rates of heat and mass transfer, many studies hav...Continue Reading »
31 pages | 145 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
8. PHYTOCHEMICAL SCREENING, PROXIMATE ANALYSIS AND NUTRIENT EVALUATION OF Thaumatoccocus daniellii (SWEET PRAYERS LEAVES) AND Musa accuminata (BANANA LEA...» ABSTRACT Thaumatococcus daniellii and Musa accuminata are leaves used for wrapping foods and these herbs have some medicinal value. The affordability,...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 149 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
9. INFLUENCE OF STUDENTS` PERCEPTIONS OF CHEMISTRY CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT ON THEIR ACHIEVEMENT AND ATTITUDES TOWARDS CHEMISTRY.» ABSTRACT Students perform very poorly in Chemistry in the last few decades, many reasons have been induced to explain these poor performances. Attitud...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 525 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Perfume is a fragrant liquid made from an extract that has been distilled in alcohol and water. Since the begi...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 43 hits | Source: CHEMISTRY