Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 110 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
Attempt was made to determine the nutritional and anti nutritional composition of Wild melon (C. ecirrhosus ) popularly known as “Gunar shanu in Hausa land, using suitable methods of analyses. The results for proximate analyses (% DW) showed a composition of 3.73 ± moisture, 2.12 ± 0.08 ash content, 26.36 ± 0.10 crude protein, 50.67 ± crude lipid, 2.17 ± 0.29 crude fibre, 18.69 ± 0.82 carbohydrate and energy value of 601.7 ± 8.75 Kcal/ 100g. Amino acids determination revealed a profile containing essential amino acids for adults, but leucine, lysine, and threonine are below the requirement value for
children. The oil was found to composed of a combination of high concentration (67.3%) of unsaturated fatty acids (linoleic acid C:18.2) and oleic C:18.1), and low concentration (36.6%) of saturated fatty acids (stearic acid C: 18.0 and palmitic acid C:16.0). This arrangement gave the oil good properties suitable for industrial and domestic activities. High concentration of nitrate (151666±7637), phytate (136.04±1.54) and saponin (18.65
± 0.2mg/100gDW) were recorded in the seed, this is notwithstanding because boiling reduce their effect to a minimum. The
overall result implies that seed of the wild melon possessed the potential to be used as a source of nutrition.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Tris buffer solution was prepared in the laboratory by dissolving 4.6g of boric acid, 6.5g of EDTA and 60.5g of trisma base in 1000cm3 of dis...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A total of 106 actinomycetes isolated from the rhizosphere of plants in abbatoir and refuse dumps in Awka and Onitsha were investigated for t...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY AND STABILITY OF ETHANOL EXTRACTS OF CONOIDES MILLER AND LONGUM NIGRUM (CAPSICUM ANNUUM).» ABSTRACT Available synthetic colour additives used in food have been shown to exhibit genotoxic effects and pose several potential health hazards to h...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Acid rain has become a phenomenon that draws a lot of attention. Even recently, there was a panic in the country and in t...Continue Reading »
5. DETERMINATION OF SOME HEAVY METALS IN SELECTED FISHES IN THE VICINITY OF CONFLUENCE OF RIVERS NIGER AND BENUE IN LOKOJA, NIGERIA» Abstract The study assessed the physicochemical parameters of the water and concentrations of Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Pb and Zn in the water, sediments and or...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to determine the phytochemical contents of jatropha tanjorensis (hospital too far) leaves. The plant leaves were o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The manufacture of alcohol by fermentation has bee3n known since amtignity, the4 main purpose being the preparation of al...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Energy drinks refer to beverages that contain large doses of caffeine and other legal stimulants such as taurine, carbohy...Continue Reading »
9. DETERMINATION OF PROXIMATE COMPOSITION, MINERAL ELEMENTS, HEAVY METAL LEVELS AND MICROBIAL QUALITY OF KILISHI FROM SELECTED AREAS IN KADUNA STATE, NIG...» ABSTRACT Analysis of proximate composition, mineral composition, heavy metals concentration, microbiological counts and identification of microbial co...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Palm wine is an important alcoholic beverages resulting from the spontaneous fermentation of the ...Continue Reading »