Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 79 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Evaluation of chemical composition of C. citratus and M. spicata, gave the
following proximate composition on dry weight basis: moisture; (1.67±0.29%)
and (2.67±0.29%), ash; (7.52±0.30%) and (24.4±0.35%), crude lipid;
(6.67±0.28%) and (6.17±0.27%), crude fibre; (24.67±0.29%) and (2.67±0.29%),
crude protein;(17.44±0.12%) and (25.32±0.13%), available carbohydrate
(42.03±0.32%) and (39.78±1.11%), energy value; (297.91) and (315.93)
respectively. The samples contain mineral elements, (mg/100g); Na; 15.83±0.38
and 13.17±0.38, K; 610±20.00 and 646±11.55, P; 0.32±0.01 and 0.33±0.01, Ca;
0.05±0.01 and 0.07±0.01, Mg; 6.41±0.01 and 6.94±0.02, Cu; 0.06±0.03 and
0.04±0.02, Fe; 0.08±0.01 and 0.37±0.03, Mn; 0.03±0.01 and 0.11±0.02, Zn;
0.15±0.02 and 0.32±0.01 respectively. Eight phytochemicals were qualitatively tested out of which six were confirm present, with concentration of alkaloid;(mg/100g) 3.20±0.60, and 7.60±0.20, tannins;(mg/100g) 4.73±0.08 and
8.52±0.40, phenolics;(mg/100g) 76.80±2.50 and 96.72±10.01, flavonoid;(mg/100g) 74.59±05.97 and 94.33±6,65 proanthocyanidin;(mg/100g) 12.83±01.77 and 10.51±0.90 for C.citratus and M. spicata respectively. Both the samples show antioxidant activities of 52% and 56% using Hydrogen peroxide radical scavenging assay. The samples shows various components of essential oil. The phytochemical and mineral content of both plants justify their medicinal value. The result further indicated the potential of the two samples as sources of therapeutic agents.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY AND STABILITY OF ETHANOL EXTRACTS OF CONOIDES MILLER AND LONGUM NIGRUM (CAPSICUM ANNUUM).» ABSTRACT Available synthetic colour additives used in food have been shown to exhibit genotoxic effects and pose several potential health hazards to h...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction Increasing demand for the production of energy from renewable sources has fueled a search for alternativ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION A dye is a deeply coloured organic compound, usually soluble in water. Insoluble coloured compounds are called pigments. ...Continue Reading »
4. The role of plants in the treatment of diseases caused by micro-organisms based in the natural products (pure and applied chemistry)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUNG OF STUDY 1.1.1 Phyllantus This is a genus of the family Euphorbiaceae. It was first identified in Central and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Oscillatory flows has known to result in higher rates of heat and mass transfer, many studies hav...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTSDedication………………………………………………………………………….. iiCertification…………………...Continue Reading »
7. DETERMINATION OF POLYCHLORINATED BIPHENYL RESIDUES IN SOIL OF SELECTED TRANSFORMER MAINTENANCE WORKSHOPS IN KADUNA AND ZARIA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT As effective as polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) may be in achieving thermal stability as coolant in transformer oils; spills, decommissionin...Continue Reading »
8. CHARACTERIZATION AND UTILIZATION OF ACTIVATEDTAMARIND KERNEL POWDER IN INDUSTRIAL WASTE - WATER TREATMENT» ABSTRACT Activated tamarind kernel powderwas prepared from tamarind seed(Tamarindus indica);and utilized for the removal of Acid Red 1, Reactive Orang...Continue Reading »
9. DETERMINATION OF SOME PROPERTIES OF BLENDS OF POLYSTYRENE AND MODIFIED EPOXIDIZED SOYBEAN OIL RESINS» ABSTRACT Soybean oil is among the most abundant, biodegradable, renewable and sustainable vegetable oil in Nigeria that is rich in polyunsaturated fat...Continue Reading »
10. SUGGESTION OF POSSIBLE METHODS OF ELIMINATING STAINS ESPECIALLY STUBBORN AND TOUGH ONES IN THE SURFACE OF THE TEXTILE FABRICS WITHOUT CAUSING ANY DAMA...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study According to Bob Flexner (1999) stain is a discolouration that can be clearly distingui...Continue Reading »