Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The nutritional potential walnut was determined by analyzing the proximate composition of conophonut, functional properties, Bulk Density of walnut flour, the result indicated the proximate composition to be Protein (39.01 + 39.69) Fat (36.26 + 38.53) Ash (2.56 + 2.71) while the mineral composition of walnut flour indicated calcium (6.93 + 6.78) Iron (2.87 + 2.80) magnesium (3.74 + 3.52) the functional properties indicated Bulk Density (0.65 + 0.82) swelling index (2.14 + 3.50) water absorbing capacity (1.89 + 2.61) Solubility (1.52+ 2.78)
Nut crops such as walnut (juglas Nigra) and pecans (carya illinoenosis) have potential for small parts of Virginia. Growing and handling are specialized, and while marketing is hands oriented, demand can be good For fresh high quality nuts used both for eating out of hands and for cooking purposes (Carlson Jones 1940) there are many different edible net species found and gathered in the wild such as hickory (Shell Dark – Shag Dark, Carya sp) chest nut (Juglan Cineralal) is another once plentiful native nut but because of chest nut Blight Diseases, it is now a rare found in the woods (Cornel Disnmic Johnson 1970)
English walnut also called (Carpathan Peisan Walnut, Juglaus regia) almond (
prunus amygida cus ) and nazdnut (corylvs avellena) represent significant activated and nut production, yet they are limited to specific adaptive areas. California the leading producer of English walnut as well as almonds, while Oregon growers produce 95% of all hazel/nuts (lmore in 1977). In the east, hazelnut are also retrend to as fiibrerts and there are several wild species found with a slumbly habits of growth. Nut production on Eastern filberts is variable and highly affected by weather conditions in the winter typically flowers (cat kins) open in late winter to yearly spring and thought frost tolerant, they can be damaged by hand freezing weather (Hamel, Dictoskey 1975)
Commercially sputhern pecan (also known as paper sheel type) is the most important nut crop for the Eastern US, followed by wild gathered natives black walnuts the pecan industry is centered in the south and south easts, with Creogia a leading state and in the Sothern plans, many acres are raised in Texas and okahlahoma and even as tarwest as new Mexico (Harloro , , Harrar, Harden white 1996) variety development for southern Pecans has been extensive and they are renow for their large size and very thin shells however as a starting points, good site selection is imperative for success one must have an understanding of the frost potential and season growing length as related to the flowering and fruiting characteristics of the chosen variety. (Moerman 1998) Native black walnut are found in most part of the state there are a number of improved black walnut varieties selection from the wild and from limited breeding programes. In general, timber characteristics (fester growth) has been the focus of these programs dual use potential for black walnut varieties for timber and as a high quality net crop is an important characteristics.
There are several outstanding black walnut varieties known for their nut qualities, including sparrow’s Emma Rupert “Hay” and Lawik corp the latter is often used as an Purdue University have developed a lene of black walnut known for their faster growth for timber purpose as predictable nut bearing habits (Carlson Jones 1940). The Northern pecan is a native of the olio, Wabash and upper Mississippi inver basins and in recent years a number of outstanding selection have been made from the world, this Northern pecan is know for its high ,quality nut meats houch has more oil content and better flavor than the southern types, they do however have been much smaller units in comparison (country man et al 1985) while Native (Southern) pecan are not as common in Nigeria as in the Midwest may find adaptability in many parts of the states, including middle and southern Premont regions, Northern pecans are noted for their cold hardness, later flowering to avoid frost, and reduced nut maturely periods as compound to the southern pecan (Chenoweth 1995 black walnut) the Northern pecan selection have fair to good nut size (through at best 50 – 60% of the southern pecan). In addition the widow for grafting is narrow, and the propagator needs to have on hand the scion (top) wood of the selected variety colour the sap begins to flow. Recently several keger nurseries have begun wider propagation of northern pecan and black walnut and certain named varieties are now available as poilted and pre grafter tries. (Fowels 1965) The objective of the work was to evaluate the chemical composition of walnut (C)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CHARACTERISATION OF CLAY DEPOSIT IN GWANDU TOWN OF KEBBI STATE AND ITS POTENTIAL IN CERAMIC PRODUCTION» Abstract Characterization and analysis of Gwandu clay deposits has been conducted with a view to finding its possible industrial applications. The che...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The manufacture of alcohol by fermentation has bee3n known since amtignity, the4 main purpose being the preparation of al...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL COMPOSITIONS and ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES OF Mentha Spicata and Cymbopogon Citratus LEAVES» ABSTRACT Evaluation of chemical composition of C. citratus and M. spicata, gave the following proximate composition on dry weight basis: moisture; (1....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A total of 106 actinomycetes isolated from the rhizosphere of plants in abbatoir and refuse dumps in Awka and Onitsha were investigated for t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Oscillatory flows has known to result in higher rates of heat and mass transfer, many studies hav...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY AND STABILITY OF ETHANOL EXTRACTS OF CONOIDES MILLER AND LONGUM NIGRUM (CAPSICUM ANNUUM).» ABSTRACT Available synthetic colour additives used in food have been shown to exhibit genotoxic effects and pose several potential health hazards to h...Continue Reading »
7. EXTRACTION OFALKALOIDS FROM THREE NIGERIAN PLANTS, KOLA ACCUMINATA (OJI IGBO), KOLA VERA (OJI HAUSA), AND GAXCINA KOLA (BITTER KOLA)» ABSTRACT The extraction of alkaloid from Gaxcina kola (bitter Kola), Kola acuminated (Oji Igbo) and Kola Vera (Oji Hausa) were carried out using 10% e...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) LEVEL IN ENUGU METROPOLIS MONITORING INDUSTRIAL AND RESIDENTIAL AREA» ABSTRACT Air pollutions pollutant showed that the extent of spreading depends on the motor vehicle traffic population of the area. This pollution stro...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF PESTICIDES DICHLORODIPHENYL TRICHLOROEYHANE (D.D.Y) AND BENZENE HEXACHRORIDE (BHC) ON THE MICROFLORA OF THE THREE TYPES OF SOIL.» ABSTRACT The effect of pesticides, chchlorodipheny trichloroethane (DDY) and Benzene hexaxhoride (BHc) on the microflora of the three types of soil (l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Acid rain has become a phenomenon that draws a lot of attention. Even recently, there was a panic in the country and in t...Continue Reading »