Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 30 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The Rehabilitation of 3 Belding bottom disc plough implement involved was in this project. The bearing for the disc carries, disc, bolts and nut to hold tight the disc plough are faulty, and certain repair maintenance were carried out on the disc plough implement in such a way that the worn out, fault missing part were repaired and replace. The purpose for the rehabilitation of this plough is to add to the number of more and functionable implement in the department and to acquire more experience on how to carry out repair or maintenance on farm implement, and to highlight the importance of maintenance on an implement and the this project report described the rehabilitation work carried out
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This history of implement is said to date back to the early man using hand tools like rake, hoes, wheel barrow, cutlass and shovel etc. for tillage operation. But due to advancement in technology, modern implement are being established to make tillage or land cleaning easier and also other agricultural activities such as land clearing, planting herbicide application and harvesting of crops using combine harvester to cut fresh and clean wheat, rice and maize encourage the farmer by reducing drudgery. Agricultural implement is a mechanical device used for tillage operation maintenance of implementation has always been a problem since man began to invent. Currently, farmers use implements that are more expensive and supplicated. Therefore, farmers most pay attention to the maintenance of this implement if they are to help make good return of his investment. (Ruth Niner Development October, 2012).
Tillage is the land preparation of soil by mechanical agitation of various types such as digging, stirring and overturning. Example of human powered tillage method using hand tools includes shoveling, picking methods work, hoeing and raking. Example of draft animal powered or mechanized work includes ploughing overturning with moldboards or chiseling with chisel plough. Small scale gardening and farming, for household food production or small business production tend to use the smaller scale method. However any type of gardening or farming, but especially longer scale commercial types may also use low-till or no till method as well (zero tillage or direct drilling).
Tillage is often classifieds into two types primary and secondary. There is no strict boundary between them so which as a distinction between tillage that is deeper and more through (primary) and tillage that is shallower and sometimes more selective of location (secondary). Primary tillage such as ploughing tends to produce a smother surface finish such as that required to make a good seedbed for many crops. (smallfarmersjournal.com).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
A physical inspection was carried out on the scraped or abandoned three disc plough to assess the problem of the disc plough. After inspection, it was discovered that the
i. Bearing in the hobs were damaged
ii. The bearing of the furrow wheel was missing
iii. The bolt and into on the disc need replacement
iv. The disc of the plough were also missing
v. Also discovered that the bracket was not tere
vi. The cap of disc carried was not there
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The aims and objective of this project are as follows:
i. To rehabilitate a three disc plough implement
ii. To provide additional primary tillage implement to the department
iii. To acquire practical knowledge on the rehabilitation processes of a tractor implement
iv. To highlight on the advantage of proper maintenance culture
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
v To have practical knowledge and experience of what was theoretically taught in the class. Also to have idea about the maintenance to add to the no of good equipment in the department of the implement.
v Rehabilitation of the plough will provide knowledge to the students on the pairs and maintenance of agricultural implement. It will also be used for teaching student the various techniques of tillage operations.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project is procurement and replacement of the defective part of the plough in the agricultural engineering department to make the plough functional and to add to the number of functional ploughs to the department.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INSTALLATION OF WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» TABLE OF CONTENT Tittle page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Abstract vi CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1 1.1 Backgro...Continue Reading »
2. INSTALLATION OF AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Through a constant series of research and development, It was suggested that groundwater is a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Green lawn, according to Barre (1950) is the maintenance of a perennial green vegetation cove...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Agricultural spraying may be termed a process of applying chemicals such as fertilizer, herbi...Continue Reading »
5. INSTALLATION OF AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK TO THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover page i Fly page ii Title page iii Approval page iv Declaration v Dedication vi Acknowledgement vii Table of contents viii List...Continue Reading »
6. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING RICE PROCESSING AND PACKAGING AMONG FARMERS IN EDU, MORO AND PATIGI KWARA NORTH SENATORIAL ZONE, KWARA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE : INTROD...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Backgr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The processing operation are as good as the production when the vegetable is not properly processed, losses take place and the economic retur...Continue Reading »
9. TO INSTALLATION OF AN AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK TO THE TANK AND TO OTHER UNITS IN THE DEPARTMENT FROM THE ALREADY CONSTRUCTED BOREHOLE IN AGRICUL...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Water is the most essential commodity for the sustenance of life. Water makes everything grow but, there is a ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The field experiment was conducted at Kaduna Polytechnic Tudun Wada, Kaduna state in a Randomized Complete Block Design (RCBD) to evaluate th...Continue Reading »