Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 42 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Prior to the invention of modern medications, infectious disease were generally incurable, and treatment was limited to treating the symptoms of the disease sexually transmitted diseases has been known for hundred of years, but as we enter a new millennium, age old problems of the infectious disease continue to plague us. Very many have been eliminated, examples are syphilis and Tuberculosis. Overcrowding, environmental degradation, poverty often inflate these disease.
Many of these diseases may have arisen in the context of modern social trends. Perhaps the most frightened is the HIV and herpes disease unknown before the last eight decades of the twentieth century. This currently incurable virus has already infected more than 80% of the ordinary young adults population in parts of the sub-Saharan African an is rapidly spreading especially in the poorer and more socially unstable part of the world. However, syphilis is potentially one of the most controllable disease (STD). HIV is not nearly as transmissible as some other STD’s e.g. hepatics or gonorrhea. It is the cofactors of other STDs that largely explain the infectivity and prevalence of HIV.
According to the national institute of allergy and infectious diseases (NIAID) 2005 the prevalence of STDs shows 333 millions cases per annum. Anti-microbial treatment of some STDs is becoming increasingly problematic some strains of gonorrhea and chancrous are now resistant to all anti-biotic generally available in poorer countries. Despite anti-viral agents (and their combination) that have been developed to treat it, the vast proportion of STDs worldwide are not treated at all. This is affected by the cost of treatment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
This study attempts a critical examination of the prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted disease which causes problems like infertility, scarring of fallopian tubes, sterility, heart problems and disorders of the central nervous system, sexually transmitted diseases also causes pelvic inflammatory diseases, which can lead to ectopic pregnancy or the formation of abscesses, cervical cancer, blindness and even death.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to:
1. Consider factors or means of prevention and treatments of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
2. Pre-disposed youths to STDs.
3. To assist partners or individuals in these localities discuss their sexual and STD history before having sex and to consider getting tested.
4. To help individuals that are sexually active to understand the symptoms and how they are spread.
5. To help the general population to understand the symptoms and how to diagnose the diseases.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Sexually transmitted diseases is not what can be sign handled, it is hoped that when study is concluded suggestions will be offered to rewards the pr3eventive measures of these disease by viewing some of the factors that propagate sex. This study will also be useful to researchers, scientists in the discovery of the new ways of treating some deadly STDs.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
For the purpose of this study research questions were formulated.
1. Does faithfulness to only one partner whose sexually transmitted disease states has been proved by blood test prevent sexually transmitted disease?
2. Does abstinence from sex if you are single prevent sexually transmitted disease?
3. Does the use of anti-biotic help in the treatment of sexually transmitted disease?
4. Does voluntary counselling and sex education of the youths aid in the prevention of sexually transmitted disease?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
It is not an easy task to go round the nook and cranny of Egor Local Government Area in searching for information due to the fact that biological concept are being modernized as a result of arising discoveries by researchers or scientists or biologist.
For one to get recent information there is the need to go on line search via the Internet, which is economically expensive and time consuming. To this end researcher has therefore resolved to study how sexually transmitted disease can be prevented and treated in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. For example the purpose of this research attention will be focused on youth, traders, civil servants, students of secondary and tertiary institutions.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
There is shortage of funds to embark on large-scale study of the infants and adults in Egor Local Government Area. In addition, the time available for this study makes it humanly impossible to cover the infants and adults progressively.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
STD (AKA) Venereal disease (VD) is an illness that has a significant probability of transmission between humans or animals by means of sexual contact including oral sex and anal sex.
Gonorrhea: An STD that affect the mucolls membrane particularly in the urinary tract and genital area. It can make urination painful and cause pulse like discharge through the urinary tract.
HIV: The Human Immuno Deficiency Virus. It is the virus which causes (AIDS) can replicate and the disease can be transmitted to other followed by a symptomatic period which leads rapidly to death unless treated.
Anti-Biotic: A substance derived from bacterial and other organism that fight the growth of other bacteria or organism.
Anti-Viral Agents: These are agents or drugs that kills or inhibit viruses and are used to treat viral infections disease. Examples are acyclovir effective against herpes viruses and zidovudine (AZT), which is used to treat HIV infections.
Vaccine: A substance that causes the body immune system to build up resistance to a particular disease.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ADULT EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF AVAILABLE RESOURCES FOR THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BUSINESS EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In order to have a describable change in the learner, good teaching must take place and to bring ...Continue Reading »
2. CAPACITY BUILDING NEEDS OF STATE AGENCY DIRECTORS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN ADULT EDUCATION IN NORTH CENTRAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Education is indispensable to national development. The Federal Government of Nigeria in her national...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF LIFELONG LEARNING ON THE SOCIO ECONOMIC WELLBEING OF WOMEN (A CASE STUDY OF OYO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The chasing of education beyond the formal school years among women may be associated with the n...Continue Reading »
4. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEARNING STYLES AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE OF ADULT EDUCATION STUDENTS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study A shift from traditional to progressive model of education has led to an increased interest in learne...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the leading causes of premature death in the last twenty years has been the scourge of Acq...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The civil services as we have in Nigeria today has its origin in the administrative machinery cre...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It has become increasingly common to hear life in the present age characterized in term of aliena...Continue Reading »
» Abstract For several scores of years, Nigeria has earned an appellation for herself as a showcase of Africa’s democracy. Paradoxically, every journe...Continue Reading »
9. DRUG ADDICTION AMONG THE YOUTH OF MUCHIA AND CHIKAJI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF SABON GARI ZARIA KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The twin problem of drug trafficking and abuse is a global phenomenon with serious threat to the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE (A CASE STUDY OF BAYELSA STATE 2016 ELECTION) 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Nigeria as a country has had so many setbacks thro...Continue Reading »