Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is principally conceived to the investigate cause and effect of broken home on academic performance of primary school pupils in Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna State. However, before we discuss it is important to understand that home must be made or formed before they are broken before a proper grasp of the causes and effect of broken homes on the academic performance of pupils.
The society placed high value on marriage through which family is formed. Family is the nucleus or basic unit of the society. All member of every human organization (Large or Small) comes from the family and for the society to be well organized, and for the society to be well organized stable and progressive, the well being of family is called for and progressive, the well being of family called for and issue of broken home call for concern.
The pointer to the alarming increase in social vices that has bedecked our society is the broken, a lot of things are affected, especially the children that are part of the home constituents relationship are tempered with factors that can physically and physiologically impede rather than enhance learning come up.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The relationship between a man and a woman in marriage is arguably the most important and powerful relationship two people can experience. It is more than just a places of paper agreement or a social convenience. Good marriage is a doorway in for an experience of life that we all dream and hope to attain.
God intended it to be the potential for the greatest experience of intimacy, companionship partnership, mutual support, protection, personal growth pleasure, enjoyment and productivity and unparalleled treasure for both husband and wife strong growing and loving marriage is also the nurturing environment in which children thrive and psychologically and grow to be healthy and responsible adults.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Marriage and divorce are universal concepts which means they are no respecters of any tribe, region, nation, race, or culture. It is found in all human societies (both medieval and modern) marriage that crumbles produces broken home and it is not without causes and effect on the constituent elements of the family, especially on little children (i.e pupils).
The age bracket of pupils in our primary school is between 4 – 10 years. This is a very tender period in human life and level that form a spring board for individual projection in life. Whatever happens to the children at this level matters a lot, therefore it calls of r concern to research and study on the causes and consequences on effect on broke homes on pupils at this level in life with the aim of proffering more solution on the possibility of maintaining good marriage which is the foundation for good homes the pedestal upon which our society can become better.
The researchers have the belief that it is time to awaken the consciousness of the society with special references to Kaduna North Local Government Area to prevailing situation that are militating against the peace of many homes and the family in the human society at large.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
It is the researcher’s interest to identify the causes and effects of broken homes on primary school pupil in Kaduna North Local Government Area of Kaduna State to our attempt or proffer solution to the joy, peace and good families in our community state and country at large with the specific hope that the lives of pupils at this level will improve and the bid to produce good citizens will not be married.
In order to realized the objective of this study, the researchers formulated the following result of the investigative.
Null represent it.
Alternative represent it.
(Ho) Broken home affects pupil academic performance negatively.
(H1) Broken home has nothing to do with negative effect on academic performance of pupils.
With this the researchers by reasoning can predict the outcome of an experiment.
1.4 RESEARCHER QUESTIONS
In order to carefully and thoroughly investigate and study this research with, the question raised for this research are as follows:
Is poor academic performance of pupils caused by broke home?
Is there a connection between in adavate provision of learning materials to pupils and broken home? Is there a psychological trauma in pupil from broken home?
How can issues relating to broken homes be remedied?
What are the causes of broken – home?
Are pupils (children) in anyway connected to the causes of broken home?
Are children from broken homes backward in academic performance when compared with those from unbroken home?
Does broken home contribute to societal illness in anyway”
Is juvenile delinquency connected to issue of broken home in any way?
Do pupils from broken home receive more care than pupil from unbroken homes?
1.5 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This project intends to come out with solution for many families that are facing crisis of home breakage with which should serve as a guide for counseling in schools and social welfare centers to help children from broken homes. It will also go a long way to help pupils who are already from broken home to strive for excellence in life, by the suggestion of the way forward at last.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is limited to Kaduna North Local government Area of Kaduna State only. All information shall be based on both verbal interview and some parents of some selected primary school (both public and private)
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researchers were constrained in two major. Due to vast human engagements as a mothers, wives teachers, students e.t.c (many statues at the same time) with corresponding expectations in all, necessity was placed on the researchers to work on some selected private and public primary school in the area.
Another area of limitation is finance. The researchers were constrained by inadequate fund to cover the entire local government area which necessitated sampling
1.8 DEFINATION OF TERMS
MARRIAGE: This includes diverse ways defined by the society through which an adult man and woman live together as husband and wife for companionship procreation
FAMILY: - A family is a group of people who are closely related by blood. We have the nuclear and extended family. Nuclear family consist of father, mother and offspring. while extended family includes father, mother, aunties uncles and grandparent e.t.c.
DIVORCE: - When married couples disagree to continue in marriage and such marriage is dissolved
BROKEN HOMES: - When there is a divorce in marriage by which a family and home has been established, such a home is said to be broken
DESTITUTION:- A situation is when life become very difficult for some one with money, food and other things necessary for life.
JUVENILE DELINQUENT:- Young Children as defined by the Nigerian Constitution to be under the age of (18) eighteen and are found to be law breaker.
REMANDS/BOSTAL HOME: - A place where Juveniles’ delinquents are taken for rehabilitation
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ADULT EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract For several scores of years, Nigeria has earned an appellation for herself as a showcase of Africa’s democracy. Paradoxically, every journe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Civil Military Relations (CMR) emerged after the Second World War as a dominant challenge and a recurring them...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study All of us travel at least once in our life and when we are at a new place one of the majo...Continue Reading »
4. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY OF THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHJOOL STUDENTS IN WASSCE AND NECO EXAMINATIONS IN OWO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This study examined the correlative difference between students academic performance between WASSCE and NECO examinations in Owo metropolis. ...Continue Reading »
5. TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Prior to the invention of modern medications, infectious disease were generally incurable, and treatment was ...Continue Reading »
6. PERCEPTION OF AGING AND KNOWLEDGE OF AGING ISSUES AMONG THE NIGERIAN YOUTH: IMPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL POLICY.» ABSTRACT The growing percentage of the elderly in the population has raised questions about societies’ ability to meet their needs and about the...Continue Reading »
7. TEACHERS’ PERCEPTION OF COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES USED IN THE EDUCATION OF CHILDREN WITH HEARING IMPAIRMENT IN AKWA IBOM STATE» Abstract This study investigated teachers’ perception on the use of communication strategies in teaching students with hearing impairment in Akwa Ib...Continue Reading »
8. A STUDY ON THE ENROLMENT AND COMPLETION PATTERN OF FEMALE ADULT LEARNERS ATTENDING ADULT LITERACY PROGRAMME (A CASE STUDY OF GORDON DUTSE WOMEN CENTRE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Literacy which involves the skills of teaching, writing, and learning, is the bedrock of a...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU NASSARAWA STATE)CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYDrug can simply be said to be a substance...Continue Reading »
10. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEARNING STYLES AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE OF ADULT EDUCATION STUDENTS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study A shift from traditional to progressive model of education has led to an increased interest in learne...Continue Reading »