Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aims of this thesis titled ‘UTILISATION OF CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AS A PROCUREMENT METHOD IN THE NIGERIAN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY’ are to ascertain the various roles played by construction management in contract administration, to consider the history and evolution of construction management in order to ascertain the state-of-the art techniques, to analyse construction management as an indispensable tool for cost saving in construction and to analyse construction management as a vehicle to speedy, efficient and on-time project delivery, while
the objectives are to ascertain the activities/functions that enable the smooth running and execution of project, and successful completion, to understand how the client’s briefs can be translated into physical reality whilst satisfying his design, technical, cost and time requirements, to find out the various avenues of minimising the amount of outgoings from a company, whilst maximising the amount of incomings in order to have significant cost savings on a project and to determine the height of departure of the current practice of construction management from the primitive method.
The method employed in gathering information is through site visits during which oral interviews and oral questions were held with clients, contractors, engineers and other professionals including even the workmen which bothers on budgeting techniques, cost and time control, cashflow, construction execution, quality assurance, etc.
Summarily, construction contractors and the owners of construction projects should effectively use Earned Value Management system as a means of ensuring viable project performance and as well serves as an Early Warning System so as to guard against cost and time overrun.
Floor finishes is a vital component in any building structure and lots of defects happen to the floor finishes though many of them could be traceable to the sub floor defect. The objective of the study is to clearly identify the various types of floor finishing prevalent in Enugu Metropolis, their strength and weakness, also to study the cause of failure in floor finish and how to correct them. Finally the research will evaluate the maintenance culture of occupants regarding their floor finishing within the metropolis. The study commences with the review of some past relevant literature with the intention of making use of the important facts.
Data were collected using the questionnaires and analysis of the collected data also made line with the hypothesis and are processed by the use of tables, focus was on the generation summary statistics such as percentages. The result of the study showed that without a proper maintenance culture on floor finishes, deterioration and failure in floor finish will be a reoccurring decimal in our building structure. The study revealed that most of the defects in floor finishes emanated from defects in structural floors or the improper laying of beds or joint on which applied floor finishes are laid and as a result of this, where defects occur relaying of the finishes is the only answer to the problems but care must be taken to avoid dis-stabilizing the stability of the structural floor and maintain even level between newly laid finishes and old ones. The following recommendations are made:
1. Before any material is used as floor finishes, it should be tested and analyzed in order to determine and establish the compressive strength and duration.
2. Emphasis should be laid on suitable materials /finishes than cheep materials/finishes, so as to reduce failure in finishes.
3. Knowledge of finishes serviceability duration should be known.
4. A good maintenance culture should be maintained.
As this will go along way to enhance the life span of our various floor finishes.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SURVEYING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In Nigeria manufacturing as modern activity is relatively resent in the history of its economic d...Continue Reading »
2. AN EXAMINATION OF THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF GROUND RENT IN ENUGU STATE CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF LAND» ABSTRACT The ground rent has of course become an established part of modern leasing practice, but is only as recently as the as the 1950’s that ...Continue Reading »
3. Application of Geographic Information System (GIS) in Management of Distribution/Location of Financial Institutions: A case study Awka Urban Area, Ana...» ABSTRACT In recent years, banking industry has been undergoing drastic changes, reflecting a number of underlying developments. Significant advancemen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The origin of topography comes from “topo” for “place” and graphic for “writing” its clos...Continue Reading »
5. A SURVEY OF THE EFFECT OF MORTGAGE INSTITUTIONS IN THE PROVISION OF AFFORDABLE AND SUSTAINABLE HOUSING IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY: Housing provides more than shelter for man because it encompasses all social services and ut...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Abuja the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria has tremendous importance in the country's life an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND Security is a fundamental prerequisite for a stable social order and for sustainable human development. Security i...Continue Reading »
8. SAMPLE SURVEY ON THE USE OF CONTRACEPTIVES DRUGS AMONG FEMALE STUDENT OF FACULTY OF SCIENCE (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has the aim of studying the uses of contraception drug among female student of faculty of science in Osun State Polytechnic, Ire...Continue Reading »
9. GEOMORPHIC AND HUMAN INFLUENCE ON LAND RESOURCES (A CASE STUDY OF POLOBUBUO AREA IN WARRI LGA DELTA STATE)» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO STUDY Geomorphology is the scientific study of landforms and the processes that shape them. Geomorphologists seek to unders...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project was aimed at producing a digital topographical plan of the Methodist High School, Owo in Ondo State. The first chapter of the pr...Continue Reading »