Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 95 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Context: The “out of stock syndrome” and irrational drug use with their associated consequences that characterized our health facilities informed the investigations of the operations and management of the drug revolving fund, drug availability and affordability and rational use of drug in General Hospital, Toro, Bauchi State.
Objectives: To evaluate the Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) operations in relation to drug procurement procedures, its management at the facility, drug availability, accessibility, affordability to patients and its rational use in General Hospital, Toro, Bauchi State.
Methods: An interview schedule was used to collect information from the
Principal Medical Officer In charge, the Hospital Secretary and Pharmacist In-Charge on methods of drug procurement, its management and cost recovery. Furthermore, on-site inspection of storage facilities and drug stock using a storage facility checklist and a checklist of selected key drugs to collect data on method of storage and drug availability respectively was carried out..
In addition, a cross-sectional descriptive, study using structured interview-administered questionnaire was used to elicit information from 520 patients at the Outpatient Department of the same facility on drug availability of prescribed drugs, affordability and rational drug use in the facility.
Results: The result showed that the state government is responsible for drug
procurement, which is by contract purchase. The operation and management is
by cost recovery system. Of the 520 patients interviewed, 386 (74.2%) of them acknowledge that the hospital prices of drug were cheaper than other source
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background To The Study Malaria still remains a significant public health problem especially in low and middle income cou...Continue Reading »
2. PERCEPTION AND HEALTH SEEKING BEHAVIOUR FOR OBSTETRIC COMPLICATIONS AMONG WOMEN OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE IN ONITSHA METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Maternal health and safe motherhood have received significant attention worldwide in the last thr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Diabetic nephropathy accounts for a significant reduction in life expectancy of diabetic patients. Diabetic patients with microalbuminuria ha...Continue Reading »
4. PREVALENCE OF CHLORAMPHENICOL RESIDUES IN COMMERCIAL CHICKEN EGGS IN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, ABUJA, NIGERIA» SUMMARY Drug residues in foods of animal origin are drugs and their metabolites which are found in edible tissues and milk of animals following their ...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF SAFE MOTHERHOOD PRACTICES AMONG WOMEN RECEIVING ANTE NATAL CARE IN NKPOR URBAN, ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY: Making motherhood safe is a topical global issue of public health challenge especially in develo...Continue Reading »
6. DETERMINANTS OF ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS AMONG CLIENTS OF AUTOMOBILE REPAIR WORKSHOPS IN FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, ABUJA» SUMMARY According to the World Health Organization, about 1.24 million people die every year as a result of road traffic accidents. Nigeria, like othe...Continue Reading »
7. SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL FACTORS PREDICTING THE PREVALENCE OF OBESITY AMONG SELECTED SENIOR SECONDARY STUDENTS IN ADO LOCAL GOVERNMENT, EKITI STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Adolescent obesity is slowly emerging as a serious public health problem. This is due to the strong relationship with adult obesity and its r...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Water is an important ingredient for life and it is an effective vehicle for the transmission of diseases when contaminated. Therefore every r...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Although 92% of women receive antenatal care at least once during pregnancy, a suitable place of delivery assists only 44% of mothers during ...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS INFLUENCING ADOLESCENTS’ SEXUALITY AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SEEKING BEHAVIOUR IN IBADAN SOUTHEAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Adolescence is a period of transition from childhood to adulthood and as these adolescents prepares t...Continue Reading »