Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 95 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Context: The “out of stock syndrome” and irrational drug use with their associated consequences that characterized our health facilities informed the investigations of the operations and management of the drug revolving fund, drug availability and affordability and rational use of drug in General Hospital, Toro, Bauchi State.
Objectives: To evaluate the Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) operations in relation to drug procurement procedures, its management at the facility, drug availability, accessibility, affordability to patients and its rational use in General Hospital, Toro, Bauchi State.
Methods: An interview schedule was used to collect information from the
Principal Medical Officer In charge, the Hospital Secretary and Pharmacist In-Charge on methods of drug procurement, its management and cost recovery. Furthermore, on-site inspection of storage facilities and drug stock using a storage facility checklist and a checklist of selected key drugs to collect data on method of storage and drug availability respectively was carried out..
In addition, a cross-sectional descriptive, study using structured interview-administered questionnaire was used to elicit information from 520 patients at the Outpatient Department of the same facility on drug availability of prescribed drugs, affordability and rational drug use in the facility.
Results: The result showed that the state government is responsible for drug
procurement, which is by contract purchase. The operation and management is
by cost recovery system. Of the 520 patients interviewed, 386 (74.2%) of them acknowledge that the hospital prices of drug were cheaper than other source
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The World Health Organization (WHO) has shown that early diagnosis of cancer greatly affects trea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 531 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
2. DETERMINATION OF THE EFFECTS OF SENNA TORA LEAVES EXTRACT ON THE BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS OF THE DIABETIC ALBINO RATS.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Diabetes mellitus is a disease in which blood vessels of glucose (sugar) are high because the body does not produce or pr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 489 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
» SUMMARY Listeriosis is an emerging zoonoses requiring continuous surveillance in order to prevent outbreaks in humans. The disease can develop after c...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 22 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
» ABSTRACT Diabetic nephropathy accounts for a significant reduction in life expectancy of diabetic patients. Diabetic patients with microalbuminuria ha...Continue Reading »
116 pages | 25 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
5. FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH HEALTH CARE-SEEKING BEHAVIOUR REGARDING PRE-ECLAMPSIA AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN ATTENDING ANTENATAL CENTRES IN SAGAMU, OGUN STATE, ...» ABSTRACT Women die from a wide range of complications in pregnancy, childbirth or after delivery, and amidst these complications is pre eclampsia, whi...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 154 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
6. DETERMINANTS OF UTILIZATION OF FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES AMONG WOMEN OF CHILD-BEARING AGE IN RURAL AREAS OF KANO STATE, NORTHERN NIGERIA» SUMMARY Family planning is an important preventive measure against maternal and child morbidity and mortality. It is an essential component of primary...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 38 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
7. FACTORS INFLUENCING THE UPTAKE OF VOLUNTARY COUNSELLING AND TESTING (VCT) OF HIV IN ANTENATAL CLINIC IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL ZA...» ABSTRACT With the increase of awareness of mother to child transmission and ways to prevent the transmission, voluntary counselling and testing has be...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 20 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
8. EXAMINING THE DISTRIBUTION AND UTILIZATION OF MEDICAL FACILITIES, A CASE STUDY OF KARASUWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, YOBE STATE.» .0 INTRODUCTION: Health service research is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well being and not merely the absence of disease or infir...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 116 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
9. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN HEALTH CARE PROGRAMMES IN UMUNZE ORUMBA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ANAMBRA STATE» Abstract This work investigated Community Involvement in Health Care (CIH) programmes in Umunze, Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State. ...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 119 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH
10. CONSEQUENCESOFDISCLOSUREAMONGADULT PEOPLELIVING WITHHIVREGISTEREDATGENERALHOSPITALIKOTEKPENE, AKWAIBOMSTATE,NIGERIA» SUMMARY HIV/AIDS is a disease of public health concern with 36.7 million people living with the disease worldwide. Sub Saharan Africa accounts for 70%...Continue Reading »
141 pages | 26 hits | Source: PUBLIC HEALTH