Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 81 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Family planning is an important preventive measure against maternal and child morbidity and
mortality. It is an essential component of primary health care and reproductive health. There is
relatively high fertility rate in suburban and rural Nigeria despite the efforts of government and
other non-governmental family planning services providers. Even though the fertility rate is high,
acceptance and utilization of modern family planning methods has been low due to various
reasons. The objective of this study aims to determine the factors associated with utilization of
family planning services among women of childbearing age in rural areas of Kano state, Nigeria.
It is a descriptive cross-sectional, conducted among 364 women of childbearing age (15 to 49
years), utilizing the multi-stage sampling technique.139 (37%) of the respondents were within
the age group 15 to 24 years, all respondents were married (100%) and 135 (37%) had more than
5 children. About half of the respondents (48.7%) had no formal education. Few were currently
using a contraceptive method, however, the majority whom were not using any method had main
reasons being lack of appropriate knowledge on family planning, fear of side effects and
availability .The most significant socio-demographic determinants of utilization of family
planning services were religion (p-value 0.01), family setting (p-value <0.001),age (p-value 0.01)
and male involvement (p-value <0.001) . The utilization of family planning services among the
rural women was poor, with religion, fear of side effect and husbands’ disapproval among other
reasons being the main reasons for non use.
1.1. Background Information
Family planning is one of the most ―health-promoting‖ and cost-effective activities in public
health promotion and has the potential to avert approximately 30% of maternal and 10% of child
deaths.1 Thus, FP contributes to achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) through
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INCIDENCE OF GASTRO-ENTERITIS AMONG CHILDREN 1 – 5 YEARS MALALI LOW-COST KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro enteritis in Danwaire Street Kaduna South Local Government of Kaduna State of Nig...Continue Reading »
2. PATTERNS OF SMOKING AND HEALTH RISK PERCEPTION OF OUT-OF-SCHOOL YOUTHS IN SELECTED MOTOR PARKS IN OSHODI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The impact of smoking and tobacco use on health cannot be over emphasized. Cigarette smoking remains a gigantic public health problem and is ...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Job satisfaction refers to how well a job provides fulfilment of a need or want or how well it serves as a source or means of enjoyment. The p...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF PARENTING STYLES ON ADOLESCENTS’ SELF-ESTEEM IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABEOKUTA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE, NI...» ABSTRACT The concept of self esteem is an area of psychology that has gained considerable attention, but for many years has also caused much confusion...Continue Reading »
» Chapter 1 Introduction. Aging is a silent process whose consequences are difficult to anticipate. It creeps insidiously on people with some of the eld...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF AIR QUALITY IN IDU INDUSTRIAL AREA ABUJA AND IT'S HEALTH IMPLICATIONS ON THE INHABITANTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Interests in the role of air quality in health and disease date back to antiquity. Hippocrates in his...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT ON THE AWARENESS OF PREVENTION OF WATER BORNE DISEASE AMONG ADULT IN SAGBAMA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BAYELSA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Waterborne diseases are conditions caused by pathogenic micro organisms that are transmitted in water...Continue Reading »
8. DETERMINANTS OF BIRTH-DELIVERY INTENTION AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN IN ABEOKUTA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Child delivery is a critical and sensitive stage of pregnancy. The study assessed the determinant of birth delivery intention among pregnant ...Continue Reading »
9. CHARACTERISTICS OF NON-COMPLIANT HOUSE-HOLDS DURING NATIONAL IMMUNIZATION PLUS DAYS IN SOKOTO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In1989, World Health Assembly (WHA) resolved to eradicate poliomyelitis from the world by year 2000. By 2008 only 4 countries were still ende...Continue Reading »
10. NEEDLE PRICK AND SHARPS INJURIES AMONG PRIMARY HEALTH CARE WORKRES IN TANGAZA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, SOKOTO STATE» SUMMARY Needle prick and sharps injuries (NP/SI) are common among health care workers (HCWs). The NP is the commonest route by which health care provi...Continue Reading »