Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The stream water was examined for microorganism present in it. The isolated and identified bacteria are Bacillus cereus and Staphylococcus aureus. While fungi are Aspergilllus niger and Sacchromyces cerevisae Pnicillium chrysogenum.
Water is the one of the most common substances known and it is good solvent for many substances, water occur at room temperature as clear, colourless, tasteless liquid which freezing into ice at zero degree centigrade and boil at 1000c. it is essential for life on earth.
According to World Health Organization (WHO) in 1967 is the most important need of living things, it is second only to the air we breath, in fact some scientist believe that all life began in water. Also water is a molecule that consist of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, when these atoms are heated to a high temperature they join to for water. It occurs in three natural states solid, liquid and gaseous states. Water and ice covered about 75% of the earth surface and water vapour is an important constituent of the atmosphere (Ababio 1985) It exists under major two types which include:.
Surface Water: They include the streams, lakes, and shallow wells. The air through which the rain passes may contaminate the water.
Ground Water: They originate from deep well and subterraneous springs. This is virtually free of bacteria due to filtering action of soil deep sand and rock. However, it may be come contaminated when it flows along the channels.
Water in Microbiology can be contaminated when it contains a chemical or biological poison or an infectious agent. These condition also apply to water which is polluted except that the agent or poison is often obvious and water carries an unpleasant taste or appearance. (Encyclopedia America 1988).
Portability refers to the drinkability of water when it is fit for drinking, when unportable it is unfit for consumption due to some contaminant or pollutant (Earnet 1974) other sources of contamination are various types of establishments and agricultural farm etc. Possible sources of microbial contamination of a body of water are soil and agricultural run-off, farm animals, industrial waste, discharges from sewage treatment plants and storm water run-off from urban areas.
Contamination by sewage or human excrement and pollution by animals causes the greatest danger associated with drinking water in most developing countries. So it is necessary to examine the quality of water before consumption.
Monitoring and detection of indicator and disease causing microorganisms are a major part of sanitary microbiology. Bacteria from the intestinal tract generally do not survive in the aquatic environment. They are under physiological stress and gradually lose their ability to form colonies on differential and selective media (Prescott 7th Edition).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF HONEY ON Staphylococcus aureusEscherichia coli and Streptococcus pyogen ISOLATED FROM WOUND» ABSTRACT Antibacterial activity of honey obtained from two different locations in Enugu State (Nsukka & Ugwuaji) Nigeria on Staphylococcus aureus,...Continue Reading »
2. THE DETERMINATION OF IN VITTRO ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF GARLIC (Allum sativum) AGAINST Staphylococcus aureus ISOLATED FROM BURN WOUNDS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It has been known throughout history that garlic has always been in use worldwide by various ...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF AFLATOXIN M1 AMONG LACTATING MOTHERS AND THEIR INFANTS IN DAMATURU YOBE STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Aflatoxin M1 is a biomarker of aflatoxin B1 which is detected in breast milk, a possible risk factor for infant early exposure to Aflatoxin. ...Continue Reading »
4. DETECTION OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AND VIRULENT GENES IN ENTEROCOCCI ISOLATED FROM WATER SAMPLES IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The present study was conducted to isolate, identify and analyse the distribution of Enterococci,carry out antibiotic susceptibility test and...Continue Reading »
5. BACTERIOLOGICAL AND PHYSICOCHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC DRINKING WATER SOURCES IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT Bacteriological and physicochemical properties of drinking water (tap, well and borehole) in Sokoto metropolis were investigated to determine...Continue Reading »
6. OPTIMIZING ALPHA AMYLASE PRODUCTION FROM LOCALLY ISOLATED Aspergillus species USING SELECTED AGRO WASTES AS SUBSTRATES» ABSTRACT α Amylase are enzymes that are used in the degradation of starch. This study focuses on optimizing the production of α Amylase us...Continue Reading »
7. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SHIP BUILDING IN MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education, according to Coombs (1970) consists of two components. He classified these two compone...Continue Reading »
8. CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS OF ONCHOCERCIASIS IN SELECTED COMMUNITIES AND ONGOING CONTROL IN ANIOCHA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE.» ABSTRACT A cross sectional study was carried out in four farming communities in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State of Nigeria, Idumuog...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Microbial examination of spoilt Avocado fruits was carried out to obtained the causal organism. A total of 60 avocado from Ogbete Main market...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The use of the leaves, stem and bark of the plants for medicinal purposes is an age long practice. Also in the modern tim...Continue Reading »