Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Several different lignocellulosic biomass of agricultural origin hold remarkable potential
for conversion into commodity products presenting dual advantage of sustainable resource
supply and environmental quality. There is generally an increasing demand for amino acids
especially L-glutamic acid as growth promoting factor, as well as flavour enhancer in
foods. The present study was an investigation on comparative L-glutamic acid production
by wild-type and a mutant strain of Corynebacterium glutamicum (CGNTA) using rice husk
pretreated with 1.0M H2SO4 and 1.0M KOH. The acid-treated and alkali-treated rice husk
with high carbohydrate content of 64.25% and 76.37% respectively as determined, were
used for the production of glutamic acid by submerged fermentation. The acid-treated and
alkali-treated rice husk at concentration of 4% gave the highest glutamic acid yield of
27.84g/L and 15.72g/L respectively with the developed mutant strain (CGNTA) under
predetermined optimum fermentation conditions (30oC, pH 7.0, 4% substrate concentration
and 7% inoculum size). In contrast, lower yields of 10.40g/L and 9.08g/L respectively were
obtained with the wild type strain under similar optimum culture conditions. Out of four
parameters optimized, all were found to significantly (p˂0.05) influence glutamate
production from both the acid and alkali-treated rice husk by the CGNTA. Similarly, all
parameters except variation in the concentrations of the acid and alkali-treated rice husk
(p˂0.05) were found to be significant on the performance of the wild-type strain in
glutamate production. Acid-treated rice husk hydrolysate was determined to be a better
substrate for L-glutamate production by the CGNTA mutant than the wild type strain of C.
glutamicum. The mutant strain (CGNTA) developed could, therefore, be useful in the
industrial production of glutamic acid using rice husk as substrate pretreated with acid.
This may perhaps form the basis of starting a microbial L-glutamate production industry
from rice husk as substrate in this locality and Nigeria as a whole.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF PIPEBORNE WATER AND OTHER SOURCES OF WATER WITHIN ENUGU METROPOLIS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.(INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT LOCALITY)» ABSTRACT Comparative examination of three main sources of water supply in Independence layout Enugu was carried out with a view to determine their lev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The ultimate aim of scientific investigation about plants is to make active ingredients which are very useful in producti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »
4. THE MICROBIOLOGICAL QUALITY CONTROL OF SOYMILK BEVERAGE SOLD IN INSITITUE OF MANGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY CAMPUS 3 ENUGU.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The three basic needs of man are food shelter and clothing but food has been proved to be the most important. Food has been d...Continue Reading »
5. BACTERIOLOGICAL AND PHYSICOCHEMICAL QUALITY ASSESSMENT OF PACKAGED AND OTHER DRINKING WATER SOURCES IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Continuous increase in the sale and indiscriminate consumption of packaged drinking water and untreated water types such as borehole and well...Continue Reading »
6. A PRACTICAL CARRIED OUT AT X-RAY DEPARTMENT, SHEHU MUHAMMAD KANGIWA MEDICAL CENTRE (S.M.K.M.C), KADUNA POLYTECHNIC, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Diagnostic x ray is useful in detecting abnormalities within the body. They are a painless, non invasive way to help diagnose problems such a...Continue Reading »
7. MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE PROFILE AND METALLO-BETA-LACTAMASE PRODUCTION IN Pseudomonas aeruginosa ISOLATED FROM THE NASAL CAVITY OF CATTLE FROM KARA MARKET...» ABSTRACT Pseudomonas aeruginosa is an ubiquitous, Gram negative, rod shaped, monoflagellated bacterium, capable of causing serious infections in immun...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background. Urinary tract infection (UTI) is defined as the bacterial invasion of the urinary tract. It is primarily caus...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Lots of research has been conducted on Carica papaya and its antibacterial efficacy on bacterial pathogens and this led to this study on anti...Continue Reading »
10. OPTIMIZING ALPHA AMYLASE PRODUCTION FROM LOCALLY ISOLATED Aspergillus species USING SELECTED AGRO WASTES AS SUBSTRATES» ABSTRACT α Amylase are enzymes that are used in the degradation of starch. This study focuses on optimizing the production of α Amylase us...Continue Reading »