Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The main aim of this project is to discuss about the impact of the internet on journalism to the citizenry, is also going to deal with the effective performance of the internet- as a medium of disseminating and gathering of news. It is important as imperative to state out clearly under this introduction how the internet has been able to play an impact or touch the lives of journalist and individuals as a whole. The project work will include the historical background of the punch newspaper and the duties it has performed to carry along the people of Nigeria.
It is possible for all sundry to under rate the performance of the intent, because it informs the citizens of the happening (event) around and outside their metropolis, be it political, economic and social functions, internet can not be set outside. Government,
individual even business men cannot do without the existence of internet due to its widely spread medium of communication, which emerged in the 1990, government use internet to furnish the citizens with the latest development in the state, while business men also employed the internet services to advertise and form the article of production to their prospective buyers.
The internet has an impact on every aspect of journalism. The internet has emerged as a medium of publication, a new tool for reporting and a new focus for journalism education. Moreover the internet has raised new question about the social responsibilities of journalism to inform the public as well as the ethical practice of journalism. Finally the internet is an international medium consequently, it is impact has been felt around the globe. The explosive rate at which the internet has penetrated every aspect of journalism has made it an endless topic of speculation, and debate among journalists, scholars, and the general public. But since it is so new, there has been little time for systematic study and analysis.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The internet has placed a very vital role in every aspect of journalism. Because it has been a medium of publication in terms of news reporting and direction for journalism education. It has also been used to find out new facts about the social and economic responsibilities of journalists, in the aspect of ethical practice of journalism. This has made the internet to be felt all over the world, because of the wide spread impact on people. This impact has contributed a lot to the printing organization in terms of gathering and sourcing for vital useful information needed by the printing and mass media organization, in order to have accurate facts in their news stories before publication. This will bring about the impact of the internet on the punch news paper, because this news paper has really affect the lives of individuals, government and even business men and women who can not do without the news paper in order to get factual information on things of event happening around and far countries in the world.
The Punch news paper started with the Sunday Punch on 28th March, 1973 in Lagos, about three years after the coming of the Sunday Punch, and the daily publication of the Punch news
paper joined on 1st November 1976. The brain child of this print media organization is Chief Olu Aboderin. From the day this news paper joined the chain of other existing news paper in Nigeria, it has been making waves; Infact, everyone knows that this news paper is a frontline paper. Since then it has grown from strength to strength despite administration tendency of successive military government in Nigeria. Today Punch ia an example of a typical radical news paper. The punch news paper joined the online news paper by opening a website in the year 2003, and since then people living in other countries have been able to visit their website. From the public as well as the ethical practice of journalism. Finally, the internet is an international medium. Consequently, its impact has been felt around the globe The explosive rate at which the internet has penetrated every aspect of journalism has made it an endless topic of speculation and debate among journalists, scholars and the general public. But since it is so new, there has been little time for systematic study and analysis. The brainchild of this print media organization is Chief Olu Aboderin, He started with the Sunday Punch on 28th March, 1973 in Lagos about three years
after coming of Sunday Punch, the daily publication of the Punch joined on 1 November, 1976.
From the day this paper joined the chains of other existing news paper in Nigeria, it has been making waves, infact, everyone knows that Punch news paper s are frontline papers.
Since then, it has grown from strength despite administration tendency of successive Military Government in Nigeria. Today, Punch is an example of a typical radical paper. ‘ The Punch news paper joined the online news paper by opening a ‘website in ‘ the year two-thousand and three (2003), and since then people living in other countries have been able to visit their website. The Punch news paper is classified in journalism as the serious press, before it was known under the popular press.
The Punch rows paper has the ideal department in a news paper house. These are:
a. The editorial Department
b. The Mechanical/ Production Department.
c. The Commercial/Marketing Department.
d. The Administration/Personnel Department.
They have also included one department which emerged as a result of advancement in technology, and this department is called the Computer Operations/ Internet Department. The department does all the internet jobs. They build website for the organization, publish the news paper and animating the electronic newspaper. They are skilled who are advancing with the new technology. Receive information for journalist and they also gather foreign website.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is form by this innovation in practice of journalism especially the introduction of maternity in segment in almost every programme being aired on public and private newspaper. The consequence of having a wrong choice of audience is better imagined. This would only make journalism have a negative feedback since there are some audience to participate to discussions that are not meant for them. There is no controversy that radio and television stations are out to perform the basic role of informing, entertaining and educating the target audience.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION We are all surrounded by a vast amount of advertising. Nearly everybody, therefore, has some thoughts on the subject. The ten...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The effect of social media has increased among consumers around the world, causing an increase in the adoption of social media as tactics and...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The attitude of people towards promotion differs. Some people are of the opinion that promotional act...Continue Reading »
4. IMPERATIVE FOR THE APPLICATION OF DESKTOP PUBLISHING IN CREATING PUBLIC AWARENESS FOR THE ENROLMENT INTO PRINTING TECHNOLOGY FOR KADUNA STATE INDIGENE...» Abstract The purpose of this study was to determine the imperative for the application of desktop publishing in creating public awareness for the enro...Continue Reading »
5. INFLUENCE OF TELEVISION POLITICAL ADVERTISEMENTS ON ELECTORATES’ PERCEPTION OF 2015 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES» ABSTRACT This research examined the influence of television political advertising on electorate perception of candidate in the 2015 presidential elect...Continue Reading »
6. THE INFLUENCE OF PROSTATE CANCER AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS ON THE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES OF MEN IN SOUTH-EASTERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was designed to investigate the influence of Prostate cancer awareness campaigns on the knowledge, attitude and practices of men i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Branding is prerequisite for successful outcome of a nation or company, rebranding is how the world is run. Rebranding, m...Continue Reading »
8. PATTERN OF LISTENERSHIP OF QUEST FM RADIO ENLIGHTENMENT PROGRAMMES ON RURAL WOMEN OF DELTA STATE,NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
9. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF FEMALE MODELS IN ADVERTISING MESSAGE (A STUDY OF “ALWAYS ULTRA”COMMERCIALS) IN ENUGU METROPOLIS» Abstract This research work is aimed at analyzing Audience perception of female models in advertising message (a study of always ultra commercials). T...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Social media has been a major force in technology. Its impacts and use has exceeded the conventional purpose to the unimaginable future. Soci...Continue Reading »