Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The usefulness of performances in communicating and bringing about change in behavioural patterns and development in our present day society cannot be underrated. Overtime, local performance groups have engaged in the use of drama/performances to address social vices within communities. The successes or otherwise of these engagements constitute the focal point of this study. This research assessed the social relevance of performances in Gamji Cultural and Dramatic Club having three objectives and three research questions which centred on an examination on the effectiveness of performances in Gamji club, analysis of five performances done in the club and to ascertain the perceptions of members of the community about the club. In order to underpin the study‟s assertion, Augusto Boal‟s theory of the forum theatre was adopted based on its position which allows the audience to examine various underlying forces behind lived experiences and proffer solutions where necessary. To achieve the set objectives research instruments such as interview, questionnaire and focus group discussion was used, where 170 copies of questionnaires were responded to by members of samara community. Lecturers of the Department of Theatre and Performing Arts and executive members of Gamji Club were interviewed. Despite the fact that Gamji clubmakes use of performances as a non-formal learning approach where people who have a common interest in a subject or trade gather together to educate themselves in a somewhat structured way, the findings of this research indicates that Gamji club do not practice what they portray in their performances and this gave rise to the perception of some members of the community that Gamji is a harbour for people who live below societal norms and standards. It is therefore recommended that Gamji club should put in more effort at curbing the behaviour of some of its members in other to be more effective. Furthermore, some of their performances should be properly documented in order to enhance their productivity, and recognition among members of the societ
Every human culture in the world seems to create stories as a way of making sense of the
world. Although this is found in human culture, the interpretations, themes, genres and styles
of storytelling around the world differ from culture to culture. Thus, to fully underst
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS AND THE COVERAGE OF DEVELOPMENT ISSUES: AN ANALYSIS OF THIS DAY AND DAILY TRUST NEWSPAPERS (JANUARY TO DECEMBER, 2011)» ABSTRACT The study with the title: ``Nigerian Newspapers and the Coverage of Development Issues: An analysis of Thisday and Daily Trust Newspapers (Ja...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Critical Discourse Analysis of selected editorial cartoons aims at revealing the intended meaning hidden in the discourse used in editori...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF PINK PEARL FOUNDATION BREAST CANCER CAMPAIGNS IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA» Abstract Breast cancer as a scourge has become a global issue and its threat has led to a growing consciousness among women who are potential victims....Continue Reading »
4. PROBLEM AND PROSPECT OF MEDIA MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA. [A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC, OSOGBO]» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In Nigeria today, many people believe in listening to electronic media but they do not really bel...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Prior to early 1970s Nigeria was one of the poorest countries in the world depending mostly on ag...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF NTA ENUGU IN THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF COAL CAMP COMMUNITY OF ENUGU SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle page iDeclaration iiCertification Page iiiDedication ivAcknowledgements vTable of contents viList of Tables viiiAbstract ixCHAP...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated internet usage, and academic performance of university of Uyo students. Internet today, enables information sharing a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study analysed comments posted by readers on Vanguard newspaper website relating to news reports of President Muhammadu Buhari‘s e...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF ADVERTISEMENT REVENUE ON PROGRAMMES AND SERVICES DELIVERY IN KADUNA STATE TELEVISION (K.S.T.V.)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A symbiotic relationship exists between the media and big business who in the final analysis ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The deregulation of the broadcast media in 1992 democratised the media space and led to the establishment of the National Broadcasting Commis...Continue Reading »