Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 185 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study analyses the coverage of the Boko Haram insurgency by DailyTrust, Leadership, Vanguard and Punch newspapers and examines its implications for conflict-sensitive journalism in Nigeria. The objectives are to determine the consistency of the newspapers’ coverage of the Boko Haram insurgency with conflict-sensitive journalism and the framing of identity and motive of Boko Haram. The study also examines the treatment recommendations offered by the newspapers and the areas of salient emphasis. The study combines content analysis and in-depth interview methods to obtain relevant data. Framing theory was adopted. Findings reveal that Nigerian journalists are not fully adopting conflict-sensitive journalism in their reportage. It also shows that the identity of Boko Haram is Islamist sect with the motive of establishing an Islamic state. It indicates that the major solution is fighting the insurgents and the perceived risk is the collapse of the economy. The study concludes that the coverage of Boko Haram by the Nigerian newspapers is sensational, war-inclined and falls short of the solution-driven approaches encouraged in conflict-sensitive journalism. The study recommends that Nigerian journalists should increase their knowledge of the conflict-sensitive journalism so that they can make important contributions in finding solutions to the problem of Boko Haram insurgency.
1.1 Background to the Study
Ever since the inception of democracy in Nigeria, people have been expressing divergent views on its
benefits. To some, it is a threat to the security of their lives and property, while those that are key
participants in the polity recognize it as suitable for the country. Knowing the importance of peace
for the citizens, studies on insurgency have attracted experts’ attention whose literature has been of
help to policy makers both governmental and nongovernmental to strategize plans against Boko
Haram. Notwithstanding the universality of terrorists’ activities in many parts of the world, to
Nigerians, Boko Haram’s bomb attacks are the first of its kind, therefore becoming difficult to tackle.
In the words of Ojo (2011) commenting on the Nigeria’s security challenges in this democratic
setting, the greatest security challenge facing President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration is the
imposing impunity of terrorist activities of the Boko Haram, an Islamic fundamentalists based in
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT National integration has been described as the role in which television must play. This term paper will critically examine the level to which...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 3 The attitude of people towards promotion differs. Some people are of the opinion that promo...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF SECOND CHANCE (A FOREIGN TELEVISION PROGRAMME ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS (AWKA)» HAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyTechnological advancement in communication technologies has continued to eulogize television as a pow...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria, there are three main types of media ownership namely, Government ownership, Private o...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF TELEVISION VIEWING ON THE MORAL BEHAVIOUR OF NIGERIAN CHILDREN: (A STUDY OF GAIUS BENTON SCHOOLS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Television is a sight and sound medium through which messages and information ideas are communicated ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The competitive nature of our capitalist economy has obviously necessitated the application of certain techniques by banks in a bid to sustai...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work crucially examined “The role of broadcast media in achieving vision 20:2020” discussed extensively as the impa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0. INTRODUCTION One despicable issue that has over the years taken the industrial time of both medieval and contemporary media practitio...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The focus of this work is on the impact of using celebrities in television advertisement. Thus to ascertain whether celebrities in adverts en...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Influence of commercial advertising on the productpromotion of indomie instant noodles. A study of the children of Emene community Enugu Focu...Continue Reading »