Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Television is incorporated within the c child‟s inner world.
In discussing about television and evolutional development of T.V, some one may wonder how television affects a child of ten to eighteen year. But it is apparent that the young child is dominated by this TV. Children learn to read pictures they understand. In the watching of television, all the childrenthe socialseeorderinof the“reality”story. It is by observation of social relationship and by minor reflections of self that the child is socialized. Dumped mostly prematurely into the twentieth century, it is hardly surprising that the child still relies on what he see as the deception of reality.
As we accept that television and advertis starting with the onset prints, since the young child is exclusively concerned with here and now
of the present which is sufficient by demanding of his intelligence.
Advertising through television presents awesome advantages, they always make sure that through television advertising, each person‟s space to express veritable information about their products for the wellbeing of the society in
There are some advertisements of some products which are not good for the seeing of children. In this study we will be looking at one of the products:
Gold Circlemanufactured“Condom”inNigeria forispopulation services and packed in Nigeria by the society for family health. Thrown into the mix is the crackdown on condom advertisers by the Advertisement body charge with vetting and approving advertisement.
They are worried that advertising condoms could promote promiscuity. APCON had tightened the screw with new requirements that condom advertisement may not be aired on
children‟s programme before 8pm on television
HIV/AIDS activists argued that the measure is counterproductive to the success achieved in promoting the use of condoms insisting that a large number of young people are finding it difficult to abstain from sex. Advertisement of condom (Gold Circle) should not be aired on children‟srammes as progthiswould affect the mental development of children, the advertisement should be aired at about 10pm in the late light.
1.2 Statement Of the Problem.
The general purpose of advertising is to create awareness and educate consumers on the
existing product‟s promotion in television-supposesthat and advertisement is effect because people see how the product is advertised on television. Most kids
play into the world of television long before they enter school.NTA-Enugu is an existing and prominent television station in the East and applied the use of advertisement to sell out product and services.The question this study tends to resolve is how has advertising and advertisement impacted the mental development of children?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study were:
1. To ascertain the influence of television advertisement on children.
2. To find out if children are guided when watching television.
3. To find out some anti-social behaviors children copy when exposed to television advertisements.
The study had the following research questions.
To what extent are children influenced by television advertisements?
To what extent are children guided when watching television?
What anti social behaviours do children copy when exposed to advertisements?
The following research questions were relevant to this study.
Television Advertisements influences the mental development of children negatively.
The television rights of children are not protected on TV watching.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study looked at the effect of television Advertisement on the mental development of
children in many ways; countries present how children learn from television advertisement. In a nation like Nigeria, efforts have to be put in place for effective growth and development. Therefore, this study is necessary in other to have a better understanding of this media of communication as television on how it influences, impacts and affects out behaviors mostly on children and also to eradicate the ignorance that is common with administrators.
1.7 Scope Of the Study.
The study of television advertisement on children is a topic that concern the moral development of children. The research is de-limited to a product which is not very suitable for the seeing of the children.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Operational definitions of the terms were used
Influence is defined as an element believed to determine someone‟s individual tendencies or the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as behaviours.
Advertising can be defined as a form of paid public announcement intended to promote the sale of a product or service to bring out some other effect desired by the advertising agency or is a form of communication through such diverse media as posters, billboards, newspapers, magazines, radio etc.
Mental Development: It is basically the construction of mind activity such as thought process, memory, problem solving and decision making as well as over all intelligence.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In its 1956 history, the Nigeria news media has evolved from endorsing colonial missionary catech...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page ................................................................... i Approval page ........................................Continue Reading »
3. PERFORMANCE AUDIT OF THE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIES OF SELECTED PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Nigerian university educational system was liberalised in 1999 and this led to the establishment of private universities. To promote thei...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication is said to be the life blood of every society. There is therefore a need to know wh...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study provides the writers perception of effect of political advertising on electorates’ choice of candidate during the 2015 govern...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Television as a mass medium of communication has become a very important and most effective medium of communication ever ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A mere mention of the hotel and catering busing will immediately call to our minds to travel indu...Continue Reading »
8. INFLUENCE OF PACKAGING ON CONSUMER CHOICE OF BEAUTY PRODUCTS: A STUDY OF MARYKAY, SLEEK AND BLACK OPAL COSMETICS» Abstract The struggle for supremacy in brand positioning using packaging has introduced various approaches to designing a package for a product. The a...Continue Reading »
9. MEDIA AND CREATION OF POLITICAL AWARENESS.( A CASE STUDY OF THE KADUNA STATE MEDIA CORPORATION, KSMC)» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of Study Teaching at any local requires that the students be exposed to some form of stimulation. Adekunle (2008) ...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF MASS MEDIA IN ANTI-CHILD ABUSE AND TRAFFICKING CAMPAIGN (A CASE STUDY OF OWERRI METRO-POLIS)» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The word “ROLE” according to the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary is “the function or position that so...Continue Reading »