Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Television is incorporated within the c child‟s inner world.
In discussing about television and evolutional development of T.V, some one may wonder how television affects a child of ten to eighteen year. But it is apparent that the young child is dominated by this TV. Children learn to read pictures they understand. In the watching of television, all the childrenthe socialseeorderinof the“reality”story. It is by observation of social relationship and by minor reflections of self that the child is socialized. Dumped mostly prematurely into the twentieth century, it is hardly surprising that the child still relies on what he see as the deception of reality.
As we accept that television and advertis starting with the onset prints, since the young child is exclusively concerned with here and now
of the present which is sufficient by demanding of his intelligence.
Advertising through television presents awesome advantages, they always make sure that through television advertising, each person‟s space to express veritable information about their products for the wellbeing of the society in
There are some advertisements of some products which are not good for the seeing of children. In this study we will be looking at one of the products:
Gold Circlemanufactured“Condom”inNigeria forispopulation services and packed in Nigeria by the society for family health. Thrown into the mix is the crackdown on condom advertisers by the Advertisement body charge with vetting and approving advertisement.
They are worried that advertising condoms could promote promiscuity. APCON had tightened the screw with new requirements that condom advertisement may not be aired on
children‟s programme before 8pm on television
HIV/AIDS activists argued that the measure is counterproductive to the success achieved in promoting the use of condoms insisting that a large number of young people are finding it difficult to abstain from sex. Advertisement of condom (Gold Circle) should not be aired on children‟srammes as progthiswould affect the mental development of children, the advertisement should be aired at about 10pm in the late light.
1.2 Statement Of the Problem.
The general purpose of advertising is to create awareness and educate consumers on the
existing product‟s promotion in television-supposesthat and advertisement is effect because people see how the product is advertised on television. Most kids
play into the world of television long before they enter school.NTA-Enugu is an existing and prominent television station in the East and applied the use of advertisement to sell out product and services.The question this study tends to resolve is how has advertising and advertisement impacted the mental development of children?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study were:
1. To ascertain the influence of television advertisement on children.
2. To find out if children are guided when watching television.
3. To find out some anti-social behaviors children copy when exposed to television advertisements.
The study had the following research questions.
To what extent are children influenced by television advertisements?
To what extent are children guided when watching television?
What anti social behaviours do children copy when exposed to advertisements?
The following research questions were relevant to this study.
Television Advertisements influences the mental development of children negatively.
The television rights of children are not protected on TV watching.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study looked at the effect of television Advertisement on the mental development of
children in many ways; countries present how children learn from television advertisement. In a nation like Nigeria, efforts have to be put in place for effective growth and development. Therefore, this study is necessary in other to have a better understanding of this media of communication as television on how it influences, impacts and affects out behaviors mostly on children and also to eradicate the ignorance that is common with administrators.
1.7 Scope Of the Study.
The study of television advertisement on children is a topic that concern the moral development of children. The research is de-limited to a product which is not very suitable for the seeing of the children.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Operational definitions of the terms were used
Influence is defined as an element believed to determine someone‟s individual tendencies or the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as behaviours.
Advertising can be defined as a form of paid public announcement intended to promote the sale of a product or service to bring out some other effect desired by the advertising agency or is a form of communication through such diverse media as posters, billboards, newspapers, magazines, radio etc.
Mental Development: It is basically the construction of mind activity such as thought process, memory, problem solving and decision making as well as over all intelligence.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The invention of electronic devices such as modern communication hard wares, internet service and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study A medium is the channel through which message travel from the source to the receiver. Mass media ...Continue Reading »
3. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION ON FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA NETWORK NEWS: A STUDY OF THE RESIDENTS OF IBADAN TOWN, OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study According to Ude (1998) in his book, Introduction to Reporting and News Writing, he defines news ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Pornographic materials are the representation of erotic behaviors in books, pictures, statues, motion pictures etc. that is intended to cause...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The aim of this study was to investigate Audience perception of federal government removal of fuel subsidy in Enugu metropolis. Three main re...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH (SFH) COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES FOR MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH IN MAKARFI AND SABON GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS» Abstract This study examined the communication strategies used by Society for Family Health (SFH) on Maternal and Child Health (MCH) in Makarfi and Sa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The main aim of this project is to discuss about the impact of the internet on journalism to the citizenry, is also going to ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aims and objective of this research project is to analyse the extent of rapid development towards journalism education in Nigeria univers...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF MASS MEDIA CAMPAIGN AGAINST FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION (FGM) IN AGENEBODE, ETSAKO EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The aim of this research is to determine why media campaigns against female genital mutilation (FGM) in Agenebode, headquarter of Etsako East...Continue Reading »
10. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, 9TH MILE ENUGU)» Table of contentsTitle Page iApproval Page iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgments vTable of Contents viList of Tables ixAbstract xCHAPTER ONE...Continue Reading »